STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K

November

Scottish Cup draws Aberdeen & Celtic. With Celtic destroying us on the day.
We may have thrown away the group with a home defeat to Juventus

Fixtures
View attachment 372041

Champions League
View attachment 372044

Dominated against Juventus but they had the best chances and took them unlike our tired side who look destined for 2nd

League
View attachment 372042
Still no wins for Motherwell as they and Livingston are still rooted at the bottom. Aberdeen pull clear of a Old Firm battle for 2nd

Player Of The Month
Liam Fotheringham
View attachment 372043
Liam Fotheringham is pretty much a long term legend of the club now approaching 10 years since he joined from Dundee Utd

Holland

Friendlys
View attachment 372045
View attachment 372046

Winning run hits 17 games

a shameless plug but check out my stream - some amzing things are happening (u will love 1 result)

Euro 2032 Draw
View attachment 372244

Live from King Baudouin stadium Belgium

1st seeds
View attachment 372245

Almost a home tournament for us and were top seeds

France would be a tough draw. Greece and Ukraine would be the nations i'd like

2nd Seeds
View attachment 372246

Wow tough draw! France will offer some very tough opposition for top spot.

Germany or Russia could make this group the group of death.

3rd Seeds
View attachment 372247

The Austrian don't really catch my eye but im just so glad to have avoided tougher draws.

Please give us Cyprus. If we get the Czech's i'd cry a little bit

4th Seeds
View attachment 372248

Switzerland might not be world beaters but they wont be push over's in this group were anything could happen.

The press might think this group is straight forward and Unless Austria pull off a shock then i'd agree.

December

As we struggled to beat Hearts at Tyncastle they injured former player Robert Svoboda who will be out till around February
A Gavin Coutts hattrick inspires us to win against Rangers
Perfect run elsewhere in the league making that early defeat even more frustrating

Fixtures
View attachment 372467

Champions League
View attachment 372468
A big win for the youth team in Greece was not enough as Juventus retain top spot by beating Galatasaray

League
View attachment 372469
Very little change anywhere in the table except for Motherwell picking up a few wins.

Player Of The Month
Alex Desmond
View attachment 372470

Not developed as well as other attackers. Not producing many goals and assists but his ratings gone through the roof

Christopher Pierce
View attachment 372898View attachment 372899

Its been a while since I've done one of these. Unlike the previous players who had been at Aberdeen since they were teenagers Chris Pierce was a bit different. I finally got him over from Dallas in 2015 and he immediately became a 1st team starter a position he would hold for 10 years until i installed the Porto policy which left him up for sale as youth players got there place in the team leaving Pierce to leave to Wigan for a short spell before he returned to top level football with PSG as a back up. His contract expired there last summer and after months on the scrap heep we picked him up for the sole purpose of getting to 500 matches. Now that he's done that he'll probably sit in the squad for the next few months as emergency cover before i let him leave on a free in the summer as he has no plans to continue in football after his playing career is over.

Aberdeen Stats
App - 500
Goals - 39
Assist - 21

Trophy's
SPL - 10
Scottish Cup - 5
Scots League Cup - 6
Champions Leagues - 2
World Club Cup - 1
Euro Super Cup - 1

USA
Caps - 175
Goals - 7

Gold Cup - 3

Personal Awards
Player of the season runner up - 6 times

January

Reject a £36m bid from Liverpool for Novosel. I dint value him at more than £10-£15m but better offers will probably follow
Daniel Monnard's never ending run at Aberdeen goes on as he makes his 700th club appearance.
While loosing to Dundee Utd Mark McCulloch turns the game around with 4 second half goals
After winning a Scottish Cup and a Scottish League Cup Tom Huddlestone leaves Rangers for Stoke with Kilmarnock manager Calum Elliot taking charge
Dundee Utd also loose there Manager as Mark Ramsey gets a huge move to the premiership with Hull. New boss will arrive in February
We comfortably overcome Kilmarnock to reach the Scots League Cup Final

Gavin Coutts is World Player of the year!
View attachment 373033

He only just held off a former don who made 15 starts for us back in 2021/22

Fixtures
View attachment 373034

League
View attachment 373035
Despite loosing to Celtic there form has not been dazzling and they have bigger concerns with Rangers now level on points and possibly refreshed with a new manager.

Player Of The Month
Denis Jovic
View attachment 373036

Easily our best midfielder these days. Got a £36m bid for Man City on deadline day but asked for £60m and they withdrew. No pressure to sell as he has a long time left on his current deal.

Transfer Window

World
Man City open the cheque book to save there season
View attachment 373037View attachment 373038

SPL
Hearts make the biggest signing and biggest sale of the window
View attachment 373039View attachment 373040

Liam Fotheringham
View attachment 373087View attachment 373089

Here's one i missed earlier. It appears at the start of this season Liam Fotheringham passed 500 games so here's his stats as we speak. Liam was spotted immediately at Dundee Utd from there youth intake and was a rare find for the time in a talented young Scottish player. As i took over as Scotland manager he went right into the National team he went right in as a starter aged only 16 and since then he's flown under the radar as a sold top center back. At 28 he's still got a lot of playing time to challenge Derek Sneddon's Aberdeen club record.

Aberdeen Stats
App - 539
Goals - 28
Assist - 26

Trophy's
SPL - 11
Scottish Cup - 7
Scots League Cup - 6
Champions Leagues - 3
World Club Cup - 3
Euro Super Cup - 1

Scotland
Caps - 130
Goals - 5

Four Nations cup - 3

Personal Awards
Clydesdale Player of the year
Young Player of the year
U19 Player of the year

it still depresses me that 20 years on no Scottish club apart from your lot and Celtic can splash out in the millions for some star quality...

it still depresses me that 20 years on no Scottish club apart from your lot and Celtic can splash out in the millions for some star quality...

Hearts and Rangers have made a handful of big moves but you could count them with your fingers

February

Dundee Utd appoint Jonathon Bateson who returns to the SPL after a 3 month run as Kilmarnock manager 2 years ago
Speaking of Dundee Utd there former boss Jay Rodriguez takes over at Kilmarnock
Last minute winner from Carrol humbles Rangers at Ibrox
St Johnstone match is my 1,100th game with the Dons

Fixtures
View attachment 373114

Champions League
View attachment 373115

Knock out phase 1st Leg

My club superstar "Coutts" overcame Munich and my Holland hero "Meeuws" in the 1st leg meaning if we avoid defeat we'll be in the quarter finals

League
View attachment 373116
Rangers & Celtic aren't falling any further back thanks to the odd stutter on our part. The battle between Livingston & Motherwell gets close again!

Player Of The Month
Jeronimo Marques
View attachment 373117

With a 1st name like that its a crime he's not won this award before!

League Cup Final 2032
View attachment 373145

Aberdeen Vs Dundee
View attachment 373146View attachment 373147

Team News
View attachment 373148

Aberdeen
Nan got injured in the last game while Blaha & Luys have been injured for a while and don't make it.

Dundee
Back up forward Guy Darkwah is out while wing back Joe McDaid is out.

The Match
Aberdeen 3-2 Dundee
Carrol 2
O'G

View attachment 373149

We weren't at our best by any stretch and a late strike by our former forward Lawson made stoppage time very uncomfortable.

Am i the Best ever?
View attachment 373150

Well not yet but im dang close!

March

Derek Sneddon breaks Aberdeen's all time League Appearance record of 558 Held by Willie Miller since 1990
Awful Youth intake in 2032. Nobody stays
Champions League run ends in Munich
We come close in our 1st effort at the U19's Champions League with a 4th place finish

Fixtures
View attachment 373177

Champions League
View attachment 373178
Defending champions Bayern beat us 2-0 in Munich and throw us out of the competition. Not a huge surprise as we are in a rebuilding phase.

League
View attachment 373179
Our results this month took a major upswing which pulls us clear of the old firm who were beginning to look threatening around 10 points behind.

Player Of The Month
Gavin Coutts
View attachment 373180

He couldn't lead us through the Champions League again but back home he was on top form.

Back