STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K

Scottish Cup Final

View attachment 292548

From Hampden Park

Aberdeen Vs St Johnstone

View attachment 292546View attachment 292549

Team News

Aberdeen
Only one player missing out and thats by choice Lluis Juste has been sold and was told he wouldnt play for us again so Finnish defender Jarno Ekam steps up

St Johnstone
Max Lecomte, on loan from Aberdeen is unavailable. Attackers Ali Crawford and Craig Sutherland are both out injured

The Match

27 - Aberdeen goal - Josep Cabestan
Our early domination is rewarded with the opening goal

HT - Aberdeen 1-0 St Johstone

FT - Aberdeen 1-0 St Johnstone

A long way from being a classic but its still enough to give us our 2nd Scottish cup in 3 season

View attachment 292547

Just read my targets when i started the game. I aimed to have won the league by 2015 and here we are going into 2017/18 still without a league win. and a singe group appearance in the champions league does'nt make up for this

Season 2016/17 Season review

SPL - 2nd
Scottish Cup - Winners
League Cup - 3rd Round
Champions League - 4th in group

Season Stats
View attachment 292784

Celtic were a class apart all season and despite our improvement over the years we weren't close all season. Europe was a obvious high point

Final team talk
"This season had our greatest moment against Porto and our best league finish but we still need to do more to win this elusive title"

SPL

View attachment 292787View attachment 292786View attachment 292785

Celtic won the league after having the most impressive season in the league so far. We had our best season which would have been enough to win the league over 2 of the previous seasons.

The highland battle for survival went Inverness's way after there form picked up through the relegation group matches

Livingston return to the SPL after 1 season away and St Mirren won the 1st division play off to survive

Scottish Cup

Aberdeen 1-0 St Johnstone

View attachment 292789

Despite using cups for back up players outside the Semi's and final we regain the Scottish cup

Scottish League Cup

Partick 0-1 Motherwell

View attachment 292791

After a few close calls David Moyes takes his 1st major trophy beating Partick who beat Aberdeen, Celtic and Dundee Utd

Aberdeen went out to the runners up where we played a awful team while fighting for success in the League and Champions League

2016/17 awards

Footballer of the year
Joe Ledley

Writers footballer of the year
Derek Sneddon
View attachment 292792
The Don retains his award as the writers player of the year

League Player of the year
Semith Kaya

Top scorer
Bjorn Siguroarson - 23 Goals

U19's Player of the year
Craig Crawford
View attachment 292795
Last season it was a former player winning this award but this time its our former No1 Crawford

Young player of the year
Josep Cabestany

Third year in a row one of our players wins this award

Team of the season
View attachment 292796
Soldan, Cabestany and Sneddon are in this years team

Manager of the year
Neil Lennon - I came 3rd, Ryan Esson 2nd

Match of the Season
31st December 2016
Aberdeen 3-2 Dundee
View attachment 292797

The whole world was against us on New years Eve until Cameron Smith came off the bench to hit a 7 minute hattrick and turn the game on its head and get us the win

Signing of the season
Josep Cabestany
View attachment 292798

Josep was my favorite kind of signing a youngster on a free from a big team. Josep has a bright future at Pittodrie if he wants it!

Player of the season
Esmael Goncalves

This was a big fight between Goncalves, Sneddon, Cabesany, Juste and Pierce but in the end i felt it had to go to the player who got the vital goals

Champions League final
Real Madrid 1-3 Barcelona
View attachment 292799

After a 2 season break Barca were back on top by beating there biggest rivals

Europa League final
Stuttgart 0-2 Galatasaray
View attachment 292800

One of the weaker Europa leagues in recent times. Biggest teams in the competition Arsenal, Athletico Madrid and Inter all went out in the last 16

Other Euro leagues

Man Utd regain the Premiership
View attachment 292801

Bayern destroy all comers
View attachment 292803

Juventus won Serie A again
View attachment 292804

Real may have lost the champions league but destroy all comers in La Liga
View attachment 292805

Going into the summer

Celtic kicked on to another level this season and it will be down to us to do the same. We'll be doing it without our captain and leader Lluis Juste so we'll have to see how that and potential replacements get on

Season preview 2017/18
If you can't buy success, Loan it!

Targets

Win the title. That's all i really care about yet again this season. Getting to the group stages of the champions league would be nice too

League - Winner
Scottish Cup - Semi Finals
Scottish League Cup - Semi Final
Europe - Group stages of Champions league or Europa league

Transfers
View attachment 292843

In

Two more Spanish freebies and The next Yaya Toure sign on while we loan in 3 players for depth

Araud Bamba - MC
View attachment 292842

The African Midfielder will add a bit more competition to my midfield. Already picked up 14 caps for the Ivory coast

Elias - MC
View attachment 292844

Yep its another brilliant Spanish regen off the dump heap. Elias will add some attacking umph our teams lacked in my time at Aberdeen and will start with Soldan after being released by Real Madrid

Manuel Montero - DL
View attachment 292845

Didnt really need another defender but following Rene Anderson putting in a few really bad performances last year i thought Montero would offer some competition for the position so we'll see which one can cement a place at the team and who will be sold off in future season

The Loan Warriors

Stewart Milne "Can't find me a parent team for loaning players" well i got 2 players in from Man Utd, sound familiar

Mats Daehil can play in the middle of the park, Joe Moncrieffe will add competition to Goncalves and FC Twente winger Brett Archer has been on my shortlist of years now so maybe i can get him on side and buy him if Steve "De" McClaren isn't to stingy

Out

Our Captain and star defender is the only major departure with fellow 1st team players Alex Manninger and Jonny Hayes were sold as they fell down the pecking order and to give youths more opportunity. Paul McCann wasn't developing so he was let go while 3 youth players were loaned. While i wrote this Ricardo Seabra was sold to Kilmarnock for £150k as he was off the radar for the 1st team

Summer news
Big Jobs in Scotland and Europe up for grabs

Manager changes
Stuart McCall - Hearts, Gordon Strachan Sacked
Steven Calderwell - Ross county, Derek Adams sacked
Lucien Favre - Athletico Madrid, Simeone sacked
Frank De Boer - Bilbao
Erick Mombaerts - Lyon
Ronald Koeman - Dortmund
Marcelino - Feyenoord
Diego Simeone - Benfica
Marco Van Basten - Valencia

Top Transfers
Anass Achahbar - Dortmund - £27.5m
*Edgar Restrepo - Arsenal - £22.5m
View attachment 292846

Viktor Fischer - PSG - £21m
Jonatas - Marseille - £21m
Maxym Koval - Fulham - £17m
Guido Marilungo - Roma - £15m
*Jamie Bailey - Arsenal - £14.75m
View attachment 292847
Kara - Marseille - £14.25m
Mateo Kovacic - Leverkusen - £13.75m
Andre Santos - Lyon - £13m

* Regen

Top SPL Transfers
Not involving Aberdeen

George Boyd - Celtic - £1.7m
Tim Arnott - Hearts - £925k
Matthew Kennedy - Motherwell - £775k
Declan McManus - Hibs - £575k
Kris Vigures - St Johnstone - £375k
Michael Feistammel - Livingston - £240k

First team 2017
View attachment 292850

Jarno Ekman is promoted to replace Juste
Elias starts in the middle with Darren Hughes and Arnaud Bamba will have to work hard for there chance.
Nando Vaz comes in to replace Simao who i will transfer list as soon as the window closes as like Juste he wasn't willing to sign a new contract.

August

Return to the Champions League group stages again taking out Ajax and Fenerbahce on the way
100% record in the SPL with half the games played by our back up 11.
League cup draws us with St Mirren
Manager of the month

Fixtures

Aberdeen 4-0 Kilmarnock
Goncalves 3
Pierce

A hattrick of goal for Goncalves and a hattrick of assists from Sneddon. What a start!

Fenerbahce 0-1 Aberdeen - Champions Cup best placed Qualifier 1st Leg
Cabestany

We went out to stop Fenerbache from scoring and try and sneak one on the counter and we did which sets us up well for the 2nd leg

Aberdeen 1-0 Fenerbahce - Champions Cup best placed Qualifier 2nd Leg
O'G

AGG Aberdeen 2-0 Fenerbahce

We took control of the 2nd leg and restricted Fenerbahce to 1 chance and they even helped our progress by scoring the only goal for us

--- Final playoff draw pairs us with another team with European history Ajax ---

Livingston 0-5 Aberdeen
Sneddon 2
Goncalves
Kardum
Cabestany

Aberdeen 4-2 Dundee Utd
Flavio
Kardum
Keogh
Daehil

Rested my best 11 and we made a terrific start however by half time Dundee Utd had pegged back our lead to 2-2, Fortunately they couldn't do it in the second half

Ajax 2-3 Aberdeen - Champions League playoff 1st leg
Elias
Pierce
Moncrieffe

What a night in Amsterdam. Ajax started out on top and for the first 40 minutes were the better team but we were still in the fight at half time and a inspired second half comeback puts us ahead heading into the pittodrie leg

Hearts 0-1 Aberdeen
Simao

The first star player i brought in probably wont have many more chances to score the winning goal, Training Bamba to play DM

Aberdeen 2-1 Ajax - Champions League Playoff 2nd Leg
Goncalves
Cabestany

AGG Aberdeen 5-3 Ajax

We scored with our two first attacks and that had us well in control all we had to do was hang on and not make any stupid mistakes and we made to to the group stages again!

League
View attachment 292905

Perfect start 4 wins, top of the table and lots of goals

Player of the Month
Derek Sneddon

Goals and assists and a near 8 average rating all while playing through the pain barrier

Champions League group draw

Group E
View attachment 292906

Paris SG
Juventus
Trabzonspor
Aberdeen

As the 4th seeds were about to be drawn this was one of the two weakest groups that i wanted us to be drawn in. Should have no problems against Trazbonspor. Top two should be far to good for us

August transfers
All the big money moves went on in August
View attachment 292907

SPL Transfers
Same can't be said for the SPL
View attachment 292909

Just read the entire thread and great job you are doing with Aberdeen. I currently have a save in the SPL going but with Celtic and Aberdeen are close to being relegated in 2016 in my save.

Just read the entire thread and great job you are doing with Aberdeen. I currently have a save in the SPL going but with Celtic and Aberdeen are close to being relegated in 2016 in my save.

Thats quite realistic on the Dons current form. How are you getting on with Celtic? My favorite save back in the champ manager days was with them. Became the best team in the world and had Crespo up front

Thats quite realistic on the Dons current form. How are you getting on with Celtic? My favorite save back in the champ manager days was with them. Became the best team in the world and had Crespo up front

I am having a great time with Celtic. I am dominating the league but am having extreme difficulties in Europe. I haven't qualified for the knockout round of the Champions League yet and I am finisihing up the 2015/16 season. I have beaten the likes of Arsenal, Man City and Man United but the best I have done is finished 3rd in our group twice.

My finances have been the main problem I think as the SPL is horrible for income. I am in the Europa League round of 16 though against Roma so hopefully we can go far in that and I am currently unbeaten in the SPL at the start of March.

I am having a great time with Celtic. I am dominating the league but am having extreme difficulties in Europe. I haven't qualified for the knockout round of the Champions League yet and I am finisihing up the 2015/16 season. I have beaten the likes of Arsenal, Man City and Man United but the best I have done is finished 3rd in our group twice.

My finances have been the main problem I think as the SPL is horrible for income. I am in the Europa League round of 16 though against Roma so hopefully we can go far in that and I am currently unbeaten in the SPL at the start of March.

Yeah the money in the SPL is pretty poor. Until i got money twice for reaching the Champions League group stage i was always floating around breaking even and without that cash i could never have the squad depth i have. Could not really have more than 18 1st team players then rely on youths for back up.

I really need to keep raising cash in the bank through TV money and player sales till i get a new stadium built to get more cash in through attendance so we can have a sustainable squad in place to the standard of Celtic without having to always sell our best players.

On that note have you been forced to sell anyone due to them wanting to move to a bigger team or the chairman accepting on your behalf?

September

Almost keep our winning run in all competitions going till the mighty Dundee beat us 2-0
Trazonspor easily beaten in our 1st Champions League match
Simao set to move to Schalke in January

Fixtures

Aberdeen 2-1 Rangers
Goncalves
Cabestany

Phhhew that one almost sneaked away from us when Ian Black got Rangers equalizer with 15 minutes to go but Cabestany came up with the goods at the end to keep our winning run up

Inverness CT 0-2 Aberdeen
Flavio
Kardum

Back up players were at it again and although it wasn't convincing we did manage to win again

Aberdeen 3-0 Trazonspor - Champions League Match 1
Cabestany 2
Keogh

A very easy win in our opening game puts us good shape to stay in Europe beyond Christmas but very early days

Motherwell 0-3 Aberdeen
Goncalves
Flavio
Keogh

Finally it seem were going to be able to make a solid challenge for the league. Higdon usually manages to break us down but he had no answer to us today

St Mirren 0-1 Aberdeen - League Cup 3rd round - AET
Kilin

Our winning run goes on but only just. Needed Extra Time to finally get the better of the 1st division outfit

Dundee 2-0 Aberdeen

Well i certainly didn't expect our 100% record at the start of the season to end like this to Dundee. Had the strongest team i could put out on display too

League
View attachment 293038

As our winning run ended at 7 matches away to Dundee unbeaten Celtic close the gap to 1 point

Player of the Month
Flavio
View attachment 293037

The back up winger did a great job when called upon after Cabestany picked up a injury in the Champions League

October

Remain unbeaten in the Champions League
Beat Celtic in the SPL
Further International misery as Steve Clarke is sacked and replaced by Danny Lennon who's accolades consist of Getting Relegated with St Mirren and being unemployed for 5 years

Fixtures

Juventus 1-1 Aberdeen - Champions League match 2

Goncalves

When Llorente scored the opening goal after 5 minutes i thought we were in for a rout but after Goncalves quickly equalized there was no more goals and we got a brilliant result. Pizza's all round!

Aberdeen 1-0 St Johnstone
Cabestany

A win we needed and deserved

Aberdeen 2-2 Hibs
Archer
Kardum

Both the title rivals draw in today's rounds of games, Celtics draw was away to Rangers so a chance was missed by both

Paris SG 2-2 Aberdeen - Champions League match 3
Cabestany
Goncalves

We twice threw away the lead in Paris as we couldn't quite live up to a former Scottish performance in Paris. Pretty delighted to still be unbeaten halfway through the group. Tonight was Pierce and Butler's 100th Aberdeen appearances with Pierce having one of his best matches for the club

Celtic 0-1 Aberdeen
Moncrieffe

The better team won at Parkhead. Came out top on all the stats, a very satisfying day

League
View attachment 293067

The first top of the table clash of the season went our way and the gap at the top is now 4 points

Player of the Month
Josep Cabestany
View attachment 293066

Our player of the year so far. Keeps scoring important goals

Europe

Brilliant first half of the group. Right in the battle for the top 2 spots and with Trabonspor still on 0 points its looking good for European Football next season.

I actually haven't had to sell anyone due to wanting to move to a bigger club. I have plenty of interest in my players (Wanyama, Hooper, Watt, Ledley, Forster) but I have set asking prices and some players have release clauses that are throwing some teams off. Although I am quite surprised that teams haven't taken a punt on Wanyama for his £10m release clause like they due in some AI controlled games.

Back