Steve Jobs dies aged 56

I just realised I saw the last Stevenotes ever live. :(

Sad for his family but I didn't know the guy, so I won't fake it up and pretend it affects me. He was the CEO of an international company that sold mass market electronic goods. Saying he changed the world is simply ludicrous.

Of course he changed the world, he introduced life changing technology...

Saying he changed the world is simply ludicrous.

Over 300 million iPods sold? over 1 billion apps sold on the apple app market? Hmm, hello naivety.

of course he changed the world! It might not be for religious or environmental reasons but what he/Mac did for technology and even communications has revolutioned the way we live and do business!

I understand you saying you dont know him, of course you dont, none of us here do! but if you think about it he actually has :)

This thread isn't about peoples personal agenda's against Apple it's about the death of a genius.. RIP

Coincidentally I'm watching the HumancentiPad South Park episode.

They are products...
They don't 'change' the world. Electricity changed the world, Penicillin changed the world.

People attach far too much importance to everyday gadgets these days.

Sad for his family but I didn't know the guy, so I won't fake it up and pretend it affects me. He was the CEO of an international company that sold mass market electronic goods. Saying he changed the world is simply ludicrous.

Excuse me, this man has made some amazing technology, you obviously don't have an IPhone.

Excuse me, this man has made some amazing technology, you obviously don't have an IPhone.

1. iPhone is not amazing technology nor do I think anything Steve Jobs has actually made any tech that "revolutionized the way we live".
2. This isn't about this though, this is a thread regarding the death of Steve Jobs.

Seriously, it's about a man that died, stop arguing about stupid things.

Rest in Peace

They are products...
They don't 'change' the world. Electricity changed the world, Penicillin changed the world.

People attach far too much importance to everyday gadgets these days.

Different things change the world in different ways, granted Steve Jobs didn't change the world as much as Electricity or Penicillin, but it's simply idiotic to say that he hasn't. Would you also say Bill Gates hasn't changed the world? Leonard Kleinrock? William Shakespeare? Nelson Mandela? Seriously...http://www.biographyonline.net/poets/william_shakespeare.html

Seriously, it's about a man that died, stop arguing about stupid things.

Because someone has died, you can't have a debate on their importance to modern society?

Derp.

The iPhone is just a really expensive paper weight. Not really anything amazing. Maybe improved a few things that other people have come up with, but that's basically it.
And then there's the Mac. Which performs much slower then a PC and cost twice as much. Not really amazing tech tbh.

The iPhone is just a really expensive paper weight. Not really anything amazing. Maybe improved a few things that other people have come up with, but that's basically it.
And then there's the Mac. Which performs much slower then a PC and cost twice as much. Not really amazing tech tbh.

An IPhone is awesome cos it was the first of it's kind and companies like Samsung have tried to beat Apple at there own game and IMO failed, Mac is much quicker, in fact companies use them over PC's cos they're 10 x better :S

Different things change the world in different ways, granted Steve Jobs didn't change the world as much as Electricity or Penicillin, but it's simply idiotic to say that he hasn't. Would you also say Bill Gates hasn't changed the world? Leonard Kleinrock? William Shakespeare? Nelson Mandela? Seriously...

I don't think Jobs has had anything near the influence of those people.

Apple have modernised computer technology and will continue to do so. Tell a Japanese person that he didn't change the world and they would have your head, he's like a god to them so in many ways, he has affected religion, people do worship him.