Steve Jobs dies aged 56

An IPhone is awesome cos it was the first of it's kind and companies like Samsung have tried to beat Apple at there own game and IMO failed, mac is much quicker :S

So Naive its funny ;)

you guys are not getting the point! He is not Nostradamus or Elbert Eienstein he has impacted the world in a positive way is all what the other half of us are trying to get across!

So please stop spamming a thread which is used to pay respects to an important figure in society, thanks

you guys are not getting the point! He is not Nostradamus or Elbert Eienstein he has impacted the world in a positive way is all what the other half of us are trying to get across!

So please stop spamming a thread which is used to pay respects to an important figure in society, thanks

No one is spamming. We're putting our opinions out there in what I think is in a pretty respectful manner. Just because a few disagree with his influence doesn't mean they are doing so to be disrespectful to a dead man.

I don't think Jobs has had anything near the influence of those people.

The point was that those people didn't all 'invent' something, but they still changed the world, much like Steve Jobs did/has.

I've always been a master of Apple products, in fact I'm using my Mac and IPhone now :D

I hate Apple products tbh XD, got to administer a mac network at work and it's a royal pain in the ****! They don't make anything easy, even when buying a new phone, you NEED iTunes to be able to use it. But still, I'm not denying that it is one of and always will be the biggest companies on the globe.

This guy was a hero, dunno what I'd do without my iPhone. RIP

Sad for his family but I didn't know the guy, so I won't fake it up and pretend it affects me. He was the CEO of an international company that sold mass market electronic goods. Saying he changed the world is simply ludicrous.
Agreed. I'm never touched by news like this (or jacko, etc) since I didn't know the person. The only shame is that he died so early, to cancer.

And agreed on the point that he didn't change the world. He made gadgets that were revolutionary, but not must haves. In fact they were far from must haves. I have a nice little ipod, but there were always going to be MP3 players anyway. Macs are just **** versions of PC's. And iphones might be amazing but all I want to do with a phone is call and text people. Internet is a bonus if I ever managed to get lost somewhere and needed google maps, but apart from that everything else is just needless fluff.

If he "changed the world", essentially you're saying that his products changed your life. If that's the case you should probably take a good look at yourself.

If he "changed the world", essentially you're saying that his products changed your life. If that's the case you should probably take a good look at yourself.

Urrr...

if I ever managed to get lost somewhere and needed google maps

iPods and iPhones have changed my life, when else have I been able to play Angry Birds while taking a ****?

Anyway, in all seriousness, I don't think you can determine someone's effect on your own life as relevance to their effect on the world. I don't go around quoting Shakespeare all day? I don't abide by Gandhi's teachings? I don't walk around and think 'What would Jesus do?!'? But some people do, well maybe not the Shakespeare one... but that doesn't mean that I don't think they changed the world, because obviously they have.

Also, I use Macs in about 80% of my practical sessions in Uni, and have since I started years ago, so yes, Steve Jobs has changed my life, and I still think Macs are a pile of wank, but there is no denying that the transformation of Apple has affected my life, and many others.

Steve Jobs, or what he has put forward in his products has obviously had an impact on your decision to buy yourself an iPod, why didn't you buy a Samsung MP3 player if Apple is so insignificant?

Phones had internet before iphones came along?

iPods and iPhones have changed my life, when else have I been able to play Angry Birds while taking a ****?
That's pretty much all it boils down to :p

Anyway, in all seriousness, I don't think you can determine someone's effect on your own life as relevance to their effect on the world. I don't go around quoting Shakespeare all day? I don't abide by Gandhi's teachings? I don't walk around and think 'What would Jesus do?!'? But some people do, well maybe not the Shakespeare one... but that doesn't mean that I don't think they changed the world, because obviously they have.
Oh no doubt he probably has changed alot of peoples' lives, but I think that's more to do with them being sad than his influence to change the world. The people whose lives' he really has changed are the ones like the person back in this thread that said "i couldn't live without my iphone!" or the ones who camp it out to be the first to get the next iphone. I mean, IT'S JUST A ******* PHONE PEOPLE.

Also, I use Macs in about 80% of my practical sessions in Uni, and have since I started years ago, so yes, Steve Jobs has changed my life,
I had to use them in my design course as well. But the fact is that these courses ran just fine before the latest apple macs by just using PC. There's nothing a mac has brought along that a PC couldn't already do. These people saying a mac runs faster need to put more RAM in their PC.

Everyone could (well, should) be able to live without his inventions. But what if you had a potentially fatal illness, and were allowed to live because of a vaccine developed by someone? And when that illness affects thousands or millions of people, then that's changing the world. Changing the world isn't allowing someone to check their email whilst they take a ****.

Steve Jobs, or what he has put forward in his products has obviously had an impact on your decision to buy yourself an iPod, why didn't you buy a Samsung MP3 player if Apple is so insignificant?
Well because it was a bit better. But if it hadn't came along i'd have listened to my music just fine with the MP3 player.

Not sure what you're trying to say here. If someone bought an iPod this suddently makes it so that Steve Jobs has changed your life? I bought some shampoo from Sanex, has the CEO of Sanex changed my life now?

People focus too much on the iPhone. The iPod on the other hand, now that was life changing.

People focus too much on the iPhone. The iPod on the other hand, now that was life changing.
Well the MP3 would be the life changing one, not the ipod. The ipod really just added playlists, a screen, itunes etc. All improvements on the mp3 but the ability to listen to music on the move without holding a massive walkman was already achieved.

But again it isn't life changing. I love my ipod (it's definately the best apple product), but it isn't as such as necessity. Sure walking places would be much more boring but i'm sure my life would go on without it?

Last edited:
Urrr...

Also, I use Macs in about 80% of my practical sessions in Uni, and have since I started years ago, so yes, Steve Jobs has changed my life, and I still think Macs are a pile of wank, but there is no denying that the transformation of Apple has affected my life, and many others.
Angry Birds is the shizz!

Say whaaaaaat!?

He was diagnosed with the form of Pancreatic Cancer that was treatable and had a high survival rate (~95%). But instead of having the surgery when he was supposed to he spent a year trying natural methods to cure it. In that time the tumour progressed which caused his survival rate to fall.