Steven Gerrard - A Managers Story

Pogba - ****! Unlucky Premier League. Liverpool look set to dominate for a long time!!!

Cracking work in the window mate, huge signing with Pogba!!!

Rulli, krul and valdes?? Why so many gk's?

Well Rulli will be first choice, and Krul was backup. Valdes was on a free and coming in as a goalkeeping coach but still seems to be offering to play, sorted!

Pogba - ****! Unlucky Premier League. Liverpool look set to dominate for a long time!!!

Lets hope so! Never got the chance to manage Pogba on football manager so will be interesting!

Cracking work in the window mate, huge signing with Pogba!!!

Cheers man, I always tend to do good business in the summer window, lets just hope Pogba lives up to the expectation!

Krul in and Mignolet out? Interesting.

It's Rulli in, Mignolet out, and Krul in, Bogdan out really. Krul has been brought in as backup!

Well Rulli will be first choice, and Krul was backup. Valdes was on a free and coming in as a goalkeeping coach but still seems to be offering to play, sorted!

Well it looks like a very very strong position now! Valdes as 3rd choice is not a bad option lol. Will help rulli progress and reach his full potential!
Is that all your business done now?

View attachment 206211

As training and pre season goes on, the more I realise that the squad needs cutting down. And while theres a few players I would like to keep at the club mainly for personal reasons, I have to think about the quality of football they bring to the team, and ultimately how much game time I can offer them. The two that concern me the most are Flanagan and Wisdom.

View attachment 206208

These two have always been thought of as future prospects at the club, and have always been on the fringes of the first team, with Flanagan getting a good run a few years back. Wisdom played a fair share of football last year but struggled to prove he was up to the quality we needed at Liverpool, and Flanagan is the lst scouser in the first team, which would be a shame to see him go. But the fact is with both of them now 24, they're not youngsters anymore, and their lack of development worries me.

They've both been transfer listed, and it looks like the end for them.

View attachment 206199

Well it looks like a very very strong position now! Valdes as 3rd choice is not a bad option lol. Will help rulli progress and reach his full potential!
Is that all your business done now?

Yeah, I'm trying to loan at Krul as I didnt realise Valdes would play for us!

I've got a couple of young lads I'm trying to sign, and a couple of players may leave before the window!

View attachment 206198
View attachment 206197
Young left back Toni Lato joins from Valencia for a hefty £12 million, which could possibly rise to £19 million with add ons. We needed cover for Moreno when Erkin left, and I feel in Lato we have one for the future, who could also do a solid job now. I feel he can really be a star in the future, with his understanding of the game already so high, he only needs to get technically better.

View attachment 206188
View attachment 206187

Divock Origi leaves Liverpool without ever playing a game for them. I've never been a huge fan of Origi and cant see him getting any game time here. With Sturridge a preferred option and Ings my backup, Origi would be way behind in the pecking order. He was send out on 3 loan spells at the club, but never really impressed. I hope he does well at Q.P.R.

View attachment 206186

We've been hit with a big blow here. Lato was expected to start the season as Moreno is out for 9 weeks with a slipped disk in his back, a youth player will have to step up to the mark now, and what a good chance this is for someone to prove themselves. I use my wing back effectively and they are some of my best players, so its a big task.

View attachment 206182

Flanagan will follow Origi out to Q.P.R, I love the lad, he's a really good lad but this is about the football now, he will do well there and I've told him if he ever needs anything to ring. Its sad to see him go but everyones time comes.

View attachment 206176

View attachment 206171
View attachment 206170

A very mixed pre season. to be fair it was all about fitness as we placed a different starting XI for each half of every game. I've had an idea of what my starting XI will be for my first game against Manchester City in the community sheild, here is the first team squad for the season.

View attachment 206168View attachment 206167
We have an extremely good squad on our hands here. We do need some more depth in the striker department but I've signed a young lad from Argentina with big hopes but he will join in January. I'm hoping Sturridge and Ings can stay fit until then.

View attachment 206165

I'm looking to start off our Premier League campaign with at least 10 points. We want to be right up there from the start, and hopefully win the league more comfortably this year.

Last edited:
View attachment 991359
View attachment 206164
View attachment 206163
Great start to the season. We've won our first bit of silverware even if it means nothing. Today we showed that we are ready for the season. Man City have made some real good signings this summer in Barbosa and Kovacic, so I'm expecting a good battle for the title this year. We beat them today thanks to goals from Phillipe Coutinho and Daniel Sturridge. Hopefully Coutinho can push on this season and get a much better season than last, he was under par for his standards. But what a start for him this season.

There were debuts for Pogba and Rulli in the starting XI, while Turan came off the bench to make his debut. Yarmolenko was the player I chose to play left back, as I want some experience there. He did the job brilliantly.

A great start to what I'm hoping is a great season. I want to beat Swansea by a fair few goals, and show the world were ready to go again.

Kovacic has been class for me on my Chelsea save mate so watch out for him bossing it with City!!

Kovacic has been class for me on my Chelsea save mate so watch out for him bossing it with City!!

Yeah he's worth £51 million on this, looks ace to be fair! After seeing City's squad its going to be harder than I thought to compete with them!

View attachment 991369
View attachment 206156
View attachment 206155
The first game of the season, one of the greatest days of the year for all football fans. After a couple of months with no football, everyone is itching to watch the match, and itching to see their team win. We let our fans down today.

Swansea started very strongly, much stronger than we anticipated. They went a goal up through a fantastic strike from Sigurdson, and could have had 2 or 3 before half time. They frustrated us, they kept tight and forced us to long shots. Their plan had to change when they realised how good Pogba was at them, hitting the bar twice from 30 yards.

I brought Turan on for Coutinho in search of a goal, and the Turkish international got in a perfect position and slotted the ball home, a point gained in the end! We need to beat United next, and to do it at Old Trafford will quickly put a smile back on everyones face.

Back