How good is Dost on FM? He had a great season last year and is doing well again now

How good is Dost on FM? He had a great season last year and is doing well again now

Haha I know! He seems to be a good striker in my ideas! Going to give him another game next I think to see if he can give Kruse a run for his money!

Finally caught up. Just like the Carragher story, this is turning out to a gem. Excellent stuff, Jamie.

Hoping for lots of drama like the Carragher story. :)

Finally caught up. Just like the Carragher story, this is turning out to a gem. Excellent stuff, Jamie.

Hoping for lots of drama like the Carragher story. :)

Thanks man! I've liked the start of yours too, was a huge fan of it last year so I'm keeping a close eye on that one! Drama is needed, right now it's all going too smoothly :p

View attachment 217201

Searching For Staff

View attachment 217199
20th February 2016

Since arriving at the club one of the main worries has been the backroom staff. While I like the staff we already have here so far, we are missing considerable amounts of coaches, and fitness coaches. I still need to appoint a right hand man. I'm thinking of giving Carra a call.

I already know my dream backroom coaching team. I'd bring in Xabi and Fernando as coaches, I'd get Carra as assistant manager and look elsewhere for established coaches. We would be a good group. Unfortunately Carra is the only one available at the moment.

I've put 6 job adverts up, and I'm hoping to get a good response. I'm not going to reply to the assistant manager one until I have spoke to Carra, he's my first choice.

It's going to be a busy few weeks!

View attachment 217197

My Old Mate Carra

View attachment 971014
What a great player Jamie Carragher was for Liverpool. He played 508 games and he put 100% effort in every single one. We've shared some brilliant memories together, and no other better than the UEFA Champions League. We were a different breed, we grew up to never give up, were other players would have. I got most of the credit for that comeback, but really he should have. He stretched and blocked 3 or 4 shots which would have been goals in that last 30 minutes of extra time, he kept us in it.

The best thing about Carra is that we have always been mates, really good mates. If I've ever needed any advice, he's the first I ask. It's not only that he knows so much about the game, he knows so much about life. He will be there any time, any day. That's why I want him as my right hand man.

I flew over to Liverpool anyway for the night so this was the perfect chance for us to meet up and have a drink, I was fairly confident he would say yes. He's in his last year of his Sky deal and he's always said he'd love to go into management one day.

"I'm sorry Stevie, but I can't. I've been planning on finishing the year with Sky and going into management myself. I'd love to be an assistant to you, but I wan't to manage my own club too"

His words hurt, I was 90% sure that he would instantly say yes. Hurt because he's a great guy, not because he was being rude. I understand his ambitions and I hope he gets the job he wants, but if that Liverpool job ever comes available, over my dead body am I not taking it!

View attachment 217194
View attachment 217193
View attachment 217192View attachment 217191
Yet another win in the league and yet another clean sheet! We have only conceded one goal in the six league games I've been in charge. That is some defensive record to be proud of. That's our third clean sheet in a row and hopefully we can keep winning.

Dante opened the scoring today with a lovely volley in the area. I was surprised! We missed a couple of chances just after to make it 2-0, and were lucky not to have conceded too. Eventually Schurrle made it 2-0 with a lovely finish on the volley at the far post.

We played against 10 men for the last 15 minutes and that was nice security knowing we had the win. Bas Dost rubbing salt in the wounds with as he slotted it past the keeper at the end of the game.

Huge game against Napoli now. We need a win or a high scoring draw to make the last 16 of the Europa League. It's a huge ask.

View attachment 217189
View attachment 217188
View attachment 217185View attachment 217183
We did it. We qualify for the last 16 after an astonishing performance against Napoli. I told the lads I wanted them to get an early goal and didn't they do that.

It was Dost over Kruse today after the recent performances from the Dutchman and he shown me exactly why I picked him with a hat-trick. He was unstoppable today and has now moved as my first choice striker ahead of Kruse. 2 very good options to have.

To go 5-1 up away form home against Napoli is special. They're a really strong team so to pull them apart like that and see our team play the football they did was encouraging. We're getting better every game. We did however have a lapse in concentration and conceded two cheap goals, but we made up for that as Draxler scored a sixth for us.

Into the last 16.

View attachment 217181

View attachment 217180
The draw will see us play Galatasaray in the last 16 of the Europa League. I'm pleased with that as there are much harder teams to play, but I know it won't be easy by any stretch of the imagination. Over two legs we should win this one though. Turkey is a hard place to play so I will be looking for a big home win.

Here's the rest of the draw:

View attachment 217178
5 German team remain in the competition, which is great to see for us. It's a big shock how Bayern were knocked out of the Champions League, and they're now favourites to win it. It's nice to see 3 English teams left in the competition. West Ham have a tough draw against Dortmund though, and it will take a lot for Spurs to beat Bayern. Liverpool should be through to the quarter finals with an easy draw so I'm pleased with that.

Can we win the Europa League? It will be tough, but it's definitely possible.

Well done for qualifying for the next stage,you destroyed Napoli even more than Vezuviu volcano ! :p

Great result with that Napoli game! I agree that Galatasaray should be doable certainly if you keep this form up.

View attachment 217168

Peter Hermann

View attachment 217165

I've found an assistant manager, and he is one with a wealth of experience in this country. Peter Hermann joins on a 3 year contract. The man knows everything about German football. He's was the assistant manager at Dusseldorf before us, but has also had jobs at Schalke and Bayern, when they famously won the treble too.

I'm excited to see what he can bring to the training ground. Together as a team this relationship should work, he will make up for the experience I haven't got, and he can also help me adapt to German Football some more, I'm not sure if I need that mind!

Loving this mate, making me want to start my own story! Good luck with this, got alot of work to get it as good as the Carragher story but you can definitely do it.

Well done for qualifying for the next stage,you destroyed Napoli even more than Vezuviu volcano ! :p

Ruthless!!! haha, shocked we did it though!

Great result with that Napoli game! I agree that Galatasaray should be doable certainly if you keep this form up.

Thanks mate, yeah with this form I definitely fancy our chances!

Loving this mate, making me want to start my own story! Good luck with this, got alot of work to get it as good as the Carragher story but you can definitely do it.

Thanks mate glad you're liking it! Make your own then! If you fancy doing it it's always worth giving it a go, I will follow and if you need any advice just message me :) It's going to need lot of work to reach that level, but I'm hoping I can do it!

View attachment 217160
View attachment 217159
View attachment 217158
I'm really angry with the team today. I can't show it because they've performed way above expectations and have been amazing in defence. I'm angry for them, this isn't about me at all. I wasn't expecting anything in my first job but these lads have a chance to make a name for themselves. A win today would have seen us 5 points behind top of the table. And with our form we could only keep climbing. We're now 7 behind instead and that could be the difference.

Obviously I'm not expecting the league title this season, but we're up there so you have to keep one eye on it. All in all though they've done well, again just a couple of mistakes. The goal wasn't there today, and that may be because I rested Dost. Kruse isn't in the best of form right now, so I will look at picking that up.

View attachment 217154

Brilliant Start
View attachment 217153
So after 10 games I've decided to have a quick recap over the performances. To win 8 and draw 2 is a brilliant start to life as a manager. We've not failed to score 2 goals in any of the 10 games which is great to see, and we've been pretty solid at the back on the whole. When I started here, we were in 9th position. Here's a look at the table now:

View attachment 217151
Schalke are still 5 points on top of the table for now, with Bayern breathing down their neck. We've climbed into third and I'm hoping we can continue this form and move up the table. If Dortmund win their game in hand we do drop to 4th. The top 3 now guarantee Champions League football while fourth have to join the best placed play off. So I want a top 3 finish. Our next run of games will be crucial to that challenge:

View attachment 217150
In terms of league games, I want 4 wins. I think it is doable if we can keep our heads screwed on and make no mistakes. I'm also hoping we knock Galatasaray out of the Europa League to make the quarter finals.