Stone Cold Steve Journeyman. Revisiting all my former clubs

thank you for all the info really appreciate it and really enjoyed reading your story

November

Two Champions League Wins secures top spot the group. Ending the month with 9 goals in two games.

Fixtures
View attachment 71884
A Mario Balotelli double header gave bottom team West Brom a shock 3 points but we slowly started turning things around during the Watford game with Dennis Man & Batshuai goals in the last ten minutes turned a defeat into 3 points and possibly our season around as we then went to Benfica with several back up players and won by 4 goals. Batshuayi then returned on queue to hit a hatrick as we sunk Southampton

Premiership Table
View attachment 71883
As Man Utd and Chelsea run away undefeated at the top we're i 4th 1 point behind Man City and tied with Newcastle with Tottenham, Liverpool and Arsenal right in tow. Thankfully not in this screen is the bottom 3. West brom fly up to a total of 4 points. We gave them 3 at the start of the month.

Champions League
View attachment 71882
Will Hughes got a double in Dortmund to get us to the last 16 before 4 goals from Englands u21's finest, playing most of the game with 10 men in a nothing game.

December

200th Game in charge ends with us tanking City to move into 3rd place.
View attachment 71725

Fixtures
View attachment 71724
We came back to the league with a bang thrashing West Ham well with all 3 goals in the last 20 minutes. We then went up the road to Sunderland and and played a stinker with our usually free flowing strikers came up empty. We were fighting from behind again at home to Stoke and needed a 91st minute winner from Green. Our finally dodgy performance was 2-2 draw with Huddersfield. All our struggles were totally worth it as we finished the month destroying Man City to end the year on a ultimate high!

Premiership Table
View attachment 71723
Chelsea miss a few weeks while winning the world club championships against Boca Juniors and we beat a miserable Man City to take the best of the rest but there is still next to nothing in the European spots. Note West Brom are still on 4 points!

Champions League Final group
View attachment 71722
Green and Man came off the bench and made the only goal of the game meaning the youth players won there 2nd and our 6th game in a row/

Last 16 Draw
PSG vs Aston Villa
View attachment 71721
What a reward for winning the group! I mean we could have got Basel, but that aside there is few easy games you would look for but Bayern and PSG were the two teams we wanted to avoid.

Manager outlook

For the first half of December it looked like i might be going home to Scotland. Celtic were in 4th place and the manager was at very insecure, had 3 hard games to end the year including a Old Firm derby at Ibrox. Of course he won them all and is now safe again.

However as one door closed another may have creaked open?
View attachment 71720

Juventus Job

I accepted it!
View attachment 71647

In the past i have a failed long term save with the only lady in FM 12, I saved over the file after 1 reasonable season
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-i-get-trap-stuff-italian-legends-made-4.html

Last season in Pep Guardiola's 1st season at the club following Massimo Allegri's move to the Tottenham job there monopoly of Serie A title's ended with Napoli stopping there streak at 8. They were also runners up in the Coppa Italia to Atalanta. After an abysmal start to the season Pep had done little to turn there season around and they were almost falling into the bottom half. I take them over back up in 5th place and we have 10 days until my first game to sort out the squad to how i want it.

View attachment 71646

In the Champions League Juventus almost blew it with a defeat to Red Bull Leipzig but after falling behind at home Higuain and Bernardeschi saved there Champions League campaign for at least another 2 games as we drew Barcelona.

View attachment 71645

I'll post up pictures of the squad once the transfer windows over as i have a lot of work to do

Villa have hired my replacement fro Russia
View attachment 71644

Last edited:
Congrats on the Juve job mate....well deserved after your success with Villa

Great gig at Juve! Sure you'll have them firing on all cylinders soon!

January

Anyone who follows my rants over the years know i have a very strong distaste of Pep. Having dug deeper into the Juve squad and intensified these thoughts tenfold!

Fixtures
View attachment 71457
Away from the Spanian we had a perfect first month in charge. Lucky for me there was a 10 day gap before my first game then apart from Udinese we played bottom half teams as the team got used to my tactics and by the time we face a real challenge in AC Milan the team were settled enough to get a straight forward 2-0 win.

Serie A Table
View attachment 71455
4 wins from 4 including a win at the San Siro over the league winners have us in play already for a run at the title but with only 6 points between the top 6 there's still lots to play for.

Transfer Window
Two deals just under £100m while Barcelona add a FM17 god and Villa spend some of the money i saved up for them featuring here as often as Juventus!
View attachment 71454

Juventus Transfer Window
View attachment 71453
Pep is a terrorist! He's destroyed this team with his transfer moves. I dont know what commision his former team Man City have him on but he seemed more than happy to sell 3 of our best 5 players to them before selling top Italian prospect Pietro Pellegri to our biggest rivals at this time Napoli. Replacing these stars with donkeys and has been like Henani, De Sciglio abd Keko. Juve also only gave us £60m of the Man City money so we're limited with what we can do in this window which is a shame since Higuain is the clubs only fit striker, but we have 3 starting quality players out on loan after he sold the clubs best youth prospect to AC Milan for £24m. Since then he's scored 4 goals in 7 games for ITALY, score 8 goals in 15 games to lead Milan to the top of the table AND is valued at £36m and they rejected a £70m offer from me, oh and he's just away to turn 21. By god i hate Pep!

In

Inigo Martinez - DC
View attachment 71452
With the Center of the Juve defense falling apart, Chillini in his final 6 months, cant be talked out of retirement and the future of our defense Mattia Caldara gone i needed help now and for uner £40m Martinez was the best i could do

Ruben Dias - DC
View attachment 71451
On the final days of the window i felt we still could be doing with better depth up front and in defense and for me Ruben will be at worst the 3rd starting center back unless we can get a stud in over the summer.

Gareth Bale & Luciano Vietto join on loan till the end of the season to plug the gap up front. Neither can play in the Champions League however
View attachment 71450View attachment 71449

Ouis was my final signing with the last £3.6m i my piggy bank.
View attachment 71448

Juventus Squad
View attachment 71447
View attachment 71446

So here's the best 11 we can offer at Juve. The one world class player in there position is Alex Sandro with Rugani a solid building block for the next generation of Juventus defenders. The midfield three is solid and safe unless a top drawer talent comes about. This is the first time i'll have Kasper Dolberg so looking forward to see if he'll be one of our long term strikers with a 33 year old Higuain needing replaced in the summer.

My bench is usually set with journeymen and top drawer youth and aside from Felice D'Amico there is nothing that stands out but squad players among this bunch, The bottom 4 players are amongst the dozen of so players that are out on loan and we need to sell.

Was Bale not getting in the Real team then? Awesome loan signing for you!!

February

Our dreamy league form takes a tumble but thats sandwiched with a big first leg win at home to Barcelona and the biggest win in Serie A history

View attachment 71232

Fixtures
View attachment 71231
We won the knock out cup game with our back up players but the firs team couldnt beat them 4 days later. We fought back from that with the record smashing 8-0 win against Chievo then back down to earth with a draw at Lazio after leading most of the game then beating our feeder team Sassuolo.

Serie A Table
View attachment 71230
Although we're up to 2nd spot there is now nothing at all in it. 4 points between the top 5.

Champions League Last 16

1st Leg
Juventus 3-0 Barcelona
View attachment 71229
One foot in the Quarter Finals? Lets not do a PSG!

2nd Leg
Barcelona 2-1 Juventus
Juventus win 4-2 on AGG
View attachment 71228
I wont lie. When former Juve midfielder Orsolini scored twice in 5 minutes that feeling of doubt that were about to throw it all away lingered until Bernardeschi struck in the 82nd minute to secure our spot in the Quarter Finals

Results
View attachment 71227
A rel mixed bag of 1st and 2nd seeds. Bayern and Barcelona were the mega powers going out early.

Quarter Final Draw
Juventus vs Tottenham
View attachment 71226
Two teams that hired new managers in the past few months. Zidane recently took over a future job of mine at Tottenham.

March

A disaster of a month. We drew all 4 League games & went out of the Italian cup 4-2 to AC Milan. with injurys at every position, Including one game where we had to play D'Amarco and Bale as our Strikers.

Fixtures
View attachment 71133
Starting off with a draw at title rivals Sampdoria was fine no split milk there but after that getting 2 points from games with Spal, Crotone is beyond a joke. Next up and so desperate for some joy in March we crossed into April to play Napoli where injurys and form had me worried and another goalless performance gained another point. Then one final swift kick to the balls from AC Milan in the cup 2nd leg where went 2 goals clear and tied the game on aggregate just to conced two late goals and we were out and looking for a far better April or the board might think twice about letting me rebuild this team.

Serie A Table
View attachment 71132
AC Milan who just tanked closest rivals Inter 6-1 have title advantage by moving 7 points clear with 7 games to go. After that it just gets muggier by the update. 2nd to 7th is currently 4 points so no room for slip ups

Youth Intake

One generational player in goals, the next Buffon and 4 other solid prospects. More than i had in 3 intakes at Villa
View attachment 71131View attachment 71130View attachment 71129View attachment 71128

The Keeper got a debut right away keeping a clean sheet.
View attachment 71127

April

Our abysmal form from March carries over

Fixtures
View attachment 71054
Two defeats and a draw or 1 point from 9 giving two of our closest rivals 3 points each

Serie A Table
View attachment 71053
This disgusts me. 4 games left and were down to 6th 5 points away from the Champions League spot and even Napoli who were miles behind are now the team 5 points ahead of us.

Champions League

1st Leg
Juventus 2-1 Tottenham
View attachment 71052

Tottenham 1-0 Juventus
Tottenham win on away goals
View attachment 71051
It breaks my heart that yet again its our poor performance in front of goal that ends the European challenge for another year. Really fancied our shot at this contest after beating Barcelona

Season 4 Review 2019/20

Just a quick one since we only had half a season and it was dire after such a positive start.

Final Games
View attachment 70863
Jeez the European games really messed with my players as we finish on fire

Serie A reviewed
View attachment 70862
What a title battle, Shame on us for not being up there too. IN the season of draws, Sassuolo had 17!! Back to the top and only 5 points split the top 4 teams and sadly we were last in that list with the two Milan teams leading the way with Inter winning it all. Torino ensured we were not even the top team in Turin and kept us out of the Champons League places. Napoli and Lazio join us in the Europa League after Lazio beat Milan in the Cup final. terrible season for Roma in 9th. Sassuolo's survival had a lot to do with our loan players, not sure how much they will get next season with this tight Scotsman in charge.

Needless to say next season 4th place will be in the Champions League this season were earn a Europa spot. Typical!

View attachment 70861

Managers
View attachment 70860
Some strange names in charge of the big teams especially

Play Of the Year
Giovanni Simeone
View attachment 70859
Not bad young Diego! Not Bad

Young Player of the year
Moise Kean
View attachment 70858
No such thing as young player of they year in Serie A so here's a month that features my former striker at AC Milan, My current striker on loan at Bologna. **** PEP!!!

Golden boot
Giovanni Simeone - 21
View attachment 70857
This will look very different next year

Team of the year
View attachment 70856
4 Juve player so at least we have a base to build from

World review
View attachment 70855
Back home in the Premiership former European champions Chelsea held of new European champs Man Utd and for the second season deny them a treble. Liverpool and Man City take the other Champions League place with my old boys Villa dropping to 6th still enough for the Europa League despite an 11 game win less run that included a draw with West Brom who amazingly were relegated.
Another brilliant season in Spain where Real beat Barcelona to the title by a point with Atletico 4 points back in 3rd despite having a +75 goal differance. Zaragoza were one of the bigger teams to get relegated in the save so far
Celtic won the league with ease after a shaky first 8 months. Aberdeen finished 4th, Won the Scottish cup then sacked Charlie Christie

Champions League
Man Utd 2-0 Atletico
View attachment 70854
The two top scoring teams in Europe faced off in what threatened to be a classic final. Maybe it was not but Juve get £3m from Pogba lifting the trophy so that made the result even sweeter

Europa League
Liverpool 4-1 Zenit
View attachment 70853
Sets up a Liverpool vs Man Utd Super Cup

Juventus Squad
View attachment 70852
Even i am interested to see where we go with this. The starting 11 looks good but is certainly lacking class players and that or amazing youth prospects is what i'll be looking to add

Fans Award
View attachment 70850

Goodbye Giorgio Chiellini
View attachment 70851
Never noticed he was caretaker, did better than me and i will find him a job at the club.

Club Finances

Were making a solid income from transfer fee's being paid off and with a few more leaving and sorting that wage budget i hope to sign at least 1 world class player.

Season 5 - Juventus

First full season at and the title is the least i expect especially after £610m of transactions took place over this summer

Pre Season 2021/22
View attachment 70778
We lost our first game to Bayern but after that results were VERY encouraging. Higuain scored 23 goals in pre season, the other two strikers got 21 between them

Pre Season Prices
View attachment 70777
Two sides that were not in the title battle are favorites but there's very little between the top 5

Speaking of top 5 the team in 5th place go into the season manager less after sacking there manager 1 week before the season begins.

View attachment 70776

Juventus Squad
View attachment 70775
Amazing that we ca spend that much money yet our two top class players were there last season although we have added 6 players that are in our top 13.

Juventus Transfers
View attachment 70774
After playing with kids and buying cheep for years at Aberdeen and the like we spent £326m in one summer in a total squad rebuild

IN

Inaki Ibero MC
View attachment 70773
Our biggest signing of the lot, A ready made starter and one of Bilbao's 4 future world beaters

Davide Brunoni DC
View attachment 70772
How do you replace the best Italian prospect in the game after Pep sent him to Man City? buy the next guy up. £40m looks like a lot but he's already had a solid season on loan to Empoli as well as regular games when at Atlanta.

Renato Sanches MC
View attachment 70771
For £15,75 i felt it was worth a shot to hopefully get Portugal's Sanches rather than the Swansea version.

Jose Gaya DL
View attachment 70770
Last summer we signed up Alex Sandro to a career contract but not at 30 we were getting offers from Man Utd for over £50m and i was tempted so have signed Gaya as the next man up since we were lacking slightly at back up for the left wing

Wendel MC
View attachment 70769
My last transfer of the summer along with Gaya to spend up the last £50m or so we had in the bank.

Alessandro Plizzari GK
View attachment 70768
This is the strange working of destiny. Liverpool came in with a £24m offer for Szezesny who is good but i'd seen a better keeper at Bilbao who had a buy out clause of £15m. Needless to say Atletico Madrid put in a offer and he wanted to stay in Spain so i was lost in a spot with a season approaching and no keeper. I tried for Donnarumma but before a offer was accepted i seen there back up keeper thats not as good but is only 21 and can grow into a star in his own right

Marco Breyer AT
View attachment 70767
After missing out on Jose Luiz a regen who went to Man City for £72m and Belloti who turned me down i certainly overspent on the the German wonderkid we'll for sure give him a chance to make the starting 11 but there's 5 other strikers wanting to do the same.

Other Youth Players
View attachment 70762View attachment 70761View attachment 70760View attachment 70759View attachment 70758View attachment 70757View attachment 70756View attachment 70755View attachment 70754View attachment 70753View attachment 70752

The others are for the clubs future

Out
Ok this list shouldt take as long! We'll start at the top. Bernandeschi asked at the start of the summer to Bayern Munich so we agree'd on any offer over £54m so when they finally came up with a £60m offer i couldnt say no despite being one of our top players he was replaceable, Breyer i hope! Next up Kasper Dolberg who i was really looking forward to using but he got injured 4 times in half a season so when Man City, Stoke and others started a bidding was i was utterly delighted to be able to offload him for such a fee was delightful. Bruno Fernandes was in no way under threat of leaving but like the top two he was replaecable with the squad depth already good enough so thanks to Villa we got another 3 players with this later bid. Miralem Pjanic is next. At 30 i was looking to offload him since he didnt fit perfectly was the final straw of expendability. Arsenal could prove to be a good career move to him. Mario Fernandes was our back up right back so when a crazy £23m bid from China came knowing we have 2 more back up right backs left me laughing to the bank. Transfer listed players that we forced out of the club for one reason or another was Keko, Douglas Costa, Franco Vazquez, Rodrigo Dourado, Ljubomir Fejsa, Bernardo, Hernani and Vid Belec as well as a half dozen or so u20 squad player for a total return of £284m

Serie A Transfers
View attachment 70766
The First 14 transfers involve Juve in one way or another so he's the best of the rest. Inter and Milan leading the way

World Transfers
View attachment 70765
Romagnoli turned us down for Contract talks without a lot of major moves from the English and French teams

In July everyone got busy. Martial being one of the best in the world moves to PSG. Man City had a very busy summer with only they and PSG featuring here more than Newventus!
View attachment 70764

Like June little activity with all the big move already done.
View attachment 70763

September

An unbeaten start in the league see us go joint top while were all alone at the top in the Europa League

Fixtures
View attachment 70664
We started the campaign off with two early goals against feeder team Sassuolo and follow that up with 4 different scorers, only Pol Lirola at the team last seasons. After a European game back in Serie A Higuain came to our rescue at Atalanta with two late strikes. Lazio now under former Real Madrid & Man City manager Manuel Pellegrini got thrashed 6-1 with 4 goals from Dell 'Aquila. WHY WAS HE OUT ON LOAN LAST SEASON PEP! There biggest rivals Roma got a ray of hope in there season holding us to a draw and our first dropped points of the season.

Serie A Table
View attachment 70663
We finish the first month top level on points with another revival story in Fiorentina but with Milan right on our tails. Well out of sight in 11th is defending champs Inter!

Europa League
View attachment 70662
I totally forgot to post about our Europa League draw by my goodness we were totally blessed with this draw. Back to the action and we took a full force team to play Rangers in an attempt to put them at a goal disadvantage and sticking 5 past them was short of my expectations. In the second game i sent the back up players to the Czech Rep to play Plzen and they won with ease

October

We drop points twice but have a excuse for both occasions. 20 goals from our 4 league wins

Fixtures
View attachment 70579
The two pre season favorites kicked off the month but Napoli are having disastrous season and were swept aside at the Allianz. We trounced new boys Pescara with Antonio Erbetta scoring his first ever hat-trick, his second would come before the month was done! Cagliari were up next and Erbetta, only scored 2 this time but 3 for Dell'Aquila before our first defeat of the season away to Udinese. Higuain had given us the lead after only 5 minutes but just before half time Raul Jimenez got Udinese back into the contest as the game swung on a second yellow for new boy Wendel who was signed for the tougher games like this eventually led to Jimenez scoring a second 2nd decisive goal for our first defeat of the season. Poor Spal felt the aftermath of that defeat as our 3 strikers Erbertta (20) got 3, Dell'Aquila (19) got 2 and on his club debut after breaking his leg Marco Breyer (17) added the final goal off the bench.

View attachment 70578View attachment 70577

Serie A Table
View attachment 70576
10 games in and its starting to look like a 3 way fight with Fiorentina surprising us all in between Milan and Juventus. Inter and Napli are at least keeping pace with the Champions League spots

Europa League
Young Boys 0-0 Juventus
View attachment 70575
A dismal result in Switzerland has opened this group right up again. On the other hand if we win the next 2 games we win the group. Anything else will be a catastrophe

My two star strikers that Pep loaned out

Any chance you could show some screens of the current Fiorentina squad and their transfers etc? Am interested to see who they managed to sign and let go etc.

Surely one of Pep's worst decisions in management EVER was to loan those two striker out!