• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 224
  • Views Views 68K

February

I reach my 100th game in charge of Villa
View attachment 75310

Fixtures
View attachment 75309
We win every game that i had a strong team out for including 2 FA games. My personal highlight is Dwight Gayle returning from almost 3 months out injured to score 4 goals in his first start against Swansea. We were thrashed by Barnsley but it was a back up 11 and a different tactic as we try and play tricks with Jose

Championship Table
The title may not have been won in February but it looks like its where Leeds lost it. We move 14 points clear and even better 19 points ahead of 3rd place which mean we can play more kids and back up players for the last 9 games.

2019 League Cup final
View attachment 75288

From Wembley
View attachment 75287
View attachment 75287

A repeat of the 2010 final
View attachment 75286

Teams
View attachment 75285
This side looks weaker than they do just now. Bench full of kids too

Match

Man Utd 0-2 Aston Villa
View attachment 75284
I'm stunned utterly stunned. Man Utd did everything they needed to do to loose this final. The kids on the bench, resting some first team players, subbing off there best players and giving away two penaltys, even with Gayle missing the second penalty old foe of Man Utd John Terry in his final season before retirement made up for the missed penalty in Moscow by grabbing the second goal.

Best of all after the match i see we were 70/1 to win it all. Hope some of our fans lumped on that!
View attachment 75283

I love this feature!
View attachment 75282

Gotta love a smash n grab win in the cup final! Congratulations mate! A double on the cards for you in your second season....what an achievement that will be!

Gotta love a smash n grab win in the cup final! Congratulations mate! A double on the cards for you in your second season....what an achievement that will be!

Sure makes up for the lousy start we made last season

March

Following on from our Cup success against Man Utd we improve to 6 wins from 6 against Premiership teams by beating Palace in the FA Cup Quarter finals
View attachment 75027

we'll play the other "Cup Team of 2019" Newcastle United
View attachment 75028

Fixtures
View attachment 75029
Back in the league we only managed one win but it was all back ups and youth for our two defeats

Championship Table
View attachment 75030
Our two defeats have seen Leeds close the gap to 11 points so we might put the first team out for a few games just to make sure we get across the line.

April

We immediately wrap up the title and promotion back to the Premiership
View attachment 74959

FA Cup Semi Finals
Aston Villa 1-1 Newcastle
Aston Villa win 5-3 on pens
View attachment 74960
We were up against the nations second best cup team and despite taking the lead they couldnt keep a good team down and Bjarnason equalized forcing extra time. Not long after extra time began Pablo Maffeo made our challenge even tougher as he got a second yellow his 14th of the season but we held on as both teams ra out of gas to force penaltys which we ended up securing victory with a John Terry strike in his second to last football game.

Final
Aston Villa Vs Huddersfield
View attachment 74961
And i guess for the first time ever its a all 2nd tier final as Huddersfield beat Chelsea and are all that stand between us and a unexpected treble

Fixtures
View attachment 74962
In the league our back up players go the job adding 6 points from 3 games after securing the title

Championship Table
View attachment 74963
So with the title in the bag we look over our shoulders to see a thrilling battle of 4 teams fighting for the final promotion spot and a similar story with teams battling for 6th

May

We win our final two games and finish just shot of 100 points

Championship Table
View attachment 74898
Wolves charge up the table with David Moyes see them finish 2nd and take the final automatic promotion spot despite a final day defeat to Wigan who somehow survive relegation again

FA Cup Final 2019

View attachment 74890

Huddersfield s Aston Villa

Both sides in the second tier hunting for one last big win to end the season. Villa looking for there first FA Cup since 1957, 52 years and Huddersfield will be looking for there first victory in the final since 1921, 98 years. Maybe they will want to hold off till the 100th anniversary

Huddersfield 0-4 Aston Villa
View attachment 74889
It was all over in the first half as we romped to a 4 goal victory to complete a totally unexpected treble.

View attachment 74888

Cracking season, and as a Newcastle fan I'm gutted, yet not totally surprised that they got to 2 semi finals and lost them both. Roll on next season!

Cracking season, and as a Newcastle fan I'm gutted, yet not totally surprised that they got to 2 semi finals and lost them both. Roll on next season!

Maybe they would have done better if they had not loaned my there best striker! haha

Nice! Good to see Wolves going up with you, keep the rivalry going!

Yep its an amazing turnaround by Moyes and the boys after they came so close to being relegated last season.

What a win over Man Utd!! Fantastic!

Haha Dwight Gayle is a beast in the championship :)

How's John Terry doing for you? He must be reaching the end now..?

What a win over Man Utd!! Fantastic!

Haha Dwight Gayle is a beast in the championship :)

How's John Terry doing for you? He must be reaching the end now..?

Star in the 1st season, started to phase him out as the season ended but still played more than 3/4 of games

John Terry retired but stays at the club to be a u23 coach
View attachment 74638

Season 2 Review 2018/19

Championship review
View attachment 74613
View attachment 74612

Two teams that really turned around there form in Aston Villa and more so Wolves who were only 2 points away from relegation at the end of last season. We are joined by playoff winners Swansea who return after one year out of the top flight. Leeds should be annoyed after spending almost the whole season in the top 2 but fell away when it really mattered. They're plight is nothing compared to that of Blackburn, Cardiff and QPR. All 3 spend large sums of money and have little or nothing to show for it as they fall down to league 1

Once again i was a bit slow in updating the manager merry go round. 14 managers in total lost there jobs in a particularly brutal season.

View attachment 74611

Championship Player of the year
Conor Hourihane
View attachment 74610
The stand out player from our midfield, was linked with several Premiership teams but stayed loyal

Championship Young Player of the year
Dennis Man
View attachment 74609
The Romanian wonderkid will need to add more goals and assists to his game if he's to start in the top flight every week.

Championship Top Scorer
James Vaughan
View attachment 74608
No Villa players in the top 3

Championship team of the year
View attachment 74607
3 of our squad players make the team. No regular starters do.

World review
View attachment 74606
Barcelona beat Real Madrid by a point. A very predictable table
Juve are back on top in Serie A 7 points clear of Napoli and Inter and AC Milan are still well off a title challenge
Man Utd waltz to the title with only Tottenham coming close. Man City are only in the Europa League with Bournemouth and possibly Villa in the Europa League? Nobody said but im sure there's still a place to hand out. Fulham and Norwich go right back to the Championship with Crystal Palace who some how stayed up last season but dont this year. Everton and Hull only just survive
Sadly we can't see it but Rangers beat Celtic to the SPL title. For Shame!

Champions League
Bayern 1-1 Juventus
Bayern win on Pens
View attachment 74605
Poor old Juve, 2nd time in a row they have lost the final on peniltys and there 3rd final defeat in a row.

Europa League
Leverkusen 1-0 Liverpool
View attachment 74604
Hehe great to see Liverpool loose the final. To be fair Leverkusen knocked out PSG on the way.

Aston Villa Squad
View attachment 74603
Dwight Gayle would have been the star of the season if he didnt miss so much time with injurys. Connor Hourihane was the teams break out star. Keeper Varela and Will Hughes looks like being quality signing for next year. Keinan Davis stands out again outplaying Dennis Man. We'll need to pick up a lot of good players to fill in for the loans.

Aston Villa Fans player awards
Conor Hourihane
View attachment 74602
The breakout player of the year won comfortably from youth star Keinan Davis.

Club Finances
£18m -£6m
View attachment 74601
We lost over £5m for the second season in a row but taking a £10m hit to get back into the premiership is totally worth it!

Makalele and Gary Neville managing Wolves before Moyes goes there! Some interesting choices!

Keen to see who you sign. I assume you will be after a JT replacement?

Could you put up your tactic for download please? I'm struggling with 3 strikers on mine!

As a Villa fan I'm really enjoying this.
If you can, could you tell me how Kodjia's been doing in the premier league.

Makalele and Gary Neville managing Wolves before Moyes goes there! Some interesting choices!

Keen to see who you sign. I assume you will be after a JT replacement?

That plus all the loan players that are going back. We'll need at least 5 just to get some semblance of a squad and another 4 or 5 to be able to fight in Europe & in the premiership

As a Villa fan I'm really enjoying this.
If you can, could you tell me how Kodjia's been doing in the premier league.

View attachment 74555

13 of Hulls 41 league goals. Played a big role in them staying up​

Could you put up your tactic for download please? I'm struggling with 3 strikers on mine!

Can do! How do you do that these days?

Back