SUBLIMITY (433) by Jesaustralia

@jesaustralia which of your tactics is your favorite and why?

Tough question mate - I have to mention some of my tactics from my main thread:

Wide secret - 442 I have only wins with this tactic - ended that when I had 23 wins
Extravagant Highscore Direct Winger - 424 The best GD seen using a Direct style - very strong tactic
Sicilian Accident - 442 best tactic for CA 160+ tested - probably the strongest top tactic

Gooool - 262 showed alot of promise when I played with it - this is another one that looks beautiful
Peacebreaker - 4321 - Was amazing - all players performed above 8 and some closer to 8.5+ - very strong tendency

When those have been mentioned I am going to mention one more - the one I think is extremely beautiful & probably my Fav!!

SUBLIMITY

I hope you find this useful - you asked the question I answered - but I honestly don't get alot of play time with each tactic so its hard for me to tell you which one is really my favourite - I should really take them individually by the hand - Starting a new save playing with Sicilian Accident - who I think would be the overall winner between these 6 very strong tactics :)

Cheers mate

ps I didn't mention Cryuffs tribute as its still new, but it show lots of potential though same goes for many others

Last edited:
Tough question mate - I have to mention some of my tactics from my main thread:

Wide secret - 442 I have only wins with this tactic - ended that when I had 23 wins
Extravagant Highscore Direct Winger - 424 The best GD seen using a Direct style - very strong tactic
Sicilian Accident - 442 best tactic for CA 160+ tested - probably the strongest top tactic

Gooool - 262 showed alot of promise when I played with it - this is another one that looks beautiful
Peacebreaker - 4321 - Was amazing - all players performed above 8 and some closer to 8.5+ - very strong tendency

When those have been mentioned I am going to mention one more - the one I think is extremely beautiful & probably my Fav!!

SUBLIMITY

I hope you find this useful - you asked the question I answered - but I honestly don't get alot of play time with each tactic so its hard for me to tell you which one is really my favourite - I should really take them individually by the hand - Starting a new save playing with Sicilian Accident - who I think would be the overall winner between these 6 very strong tactics :)

Cheers mate

ps I didn't mention Cryuffs tribute as its still new, but it show lots of potential though same goes for many others

I'm going to test the sublimity with a top 4 team that suits the formation. I'll come back to you with a review. Cheers.

I'm going to test the sublimity with a top 4 team that suits the formation. I'll come back to you with a review. Cheers.

Believe me that is boring, you will win every time, go and make a challenge for yourself and play like a 10 till 14th placed club

I have formerly mentioned a player with the name Fernandes - I realize ofcourse that would be a jungle to go through :D
so here's a bit more information on him - he's amazing - He wear green shoes and purple top's

No serious:

Fernandes

Name: Jonathan da silveira fernandes reis
Club: Botafogo
Position: CM

His attributes are very spread out, but he performs beautifully and find him being a hidden gem - well I haven't heard of him before - he would do well in Sublimity and in many other tactics - check him out!!

Cheers

Believe me that is boring, you will win every time, go and make a challenge for yourself and play like a 10 till 14th placed club

Thanks for the advice ;)

Yeah I already did that, but I'm an online player, which makes the game 10x times harder if you are playing against decent people.

I like to test tactics for a certain time like half a season, because some here have pearls that can be improved or even applied to other playstyles.

Another thing is the 4-3-3 is hard to find a team that can fill players into the 3 forwards roles without training players or even transferring them.

Thanks for the advice ;)

Yeah I already did that, but I'm an online player, which makes the game 10x times harder if you are playing against decent people.

I like to test tactics for a certain time like half a season, because some here have pearls that can be improved or even applied to other playstyles.

Another thing is the 4-3-3 is hard to find a team that can fill players into the 3 forwards roles without training players or even transferring them.

Its just a matter of retraining either CAM's or creative wingers - so it shouldn't be that hard mate - looking forward to hear what you do - cheers

Its just a matter of retraining either CAM's or creative wingers - so it shouldn't be that hard mate - looking forward to hear what you do - cheers

Heard good things about the sublimity one and I'm also looking forward to see the game play it provides.

OI or no OI? Do you have a preference here?

i dont have striker with role CF, so its good to change into another role?like AF or Poacher??

Thanks

Finished my test with Atletico Madrid and I can say this tactic is a really well balanced 4-3-3. It works a charm if you have good wingbacks because they really carry all games like they are freaking Lebron James!

The width of the formation and the overlapping attack makes this 4-3-3 crossing galore when you are playing the possession game. When the team steals the ball up high on the field, they will use the 3 forwards with good passing game to score a counter attack goal, which is where all the through ball goals came.

Because of the formation overlapping works well cause usually the opp wingbacks will try to cover the false nines and so opens up so much space for your own wingbacks to score.

With this first overview said, I'll write what a think it can be improved.

Defense

Not much can be said here because it played well for a 4-3-3 that usually lacks so much in defense. The major problem came from the midfield, because they will maintain that horizontal line and which is a problem if you lose the ball in the midfield. The MC(A) can't cover the gaps that the wing backs provide because they always try to overlap. The way teams cover this problem in real life is using a defensive midfielder. For example if you watch real football, players like Busquets, Casemiro, Vidal, Alonso, William Carvalho, play behind 2 midfielders to help the attacking phase and then use their position to cover the middle against counter attack and normal attack, providing the help to allow the center backs to extend their defense and cover the gaps allowed from the wingbacks.

Because you play a normal tempo and play a well balanced short and direct passing game, I think you can adjust the midfield to a triangle. You can actually keep the advance playmaker and use another role for the second midfielder. Because you play overlap, I think its better to not have any midfielder with "Get Foward" and so on keep the possession with the midfield triangle.

Overall defense was amazing and I expected the worst when I downloaded the tactic to be honest.

Offense

Keep in mind the advice I gave with the triangle example, it can be applied on the forwards too. The forwards get so low touches and are used primarily just to counter attack or finish crosses. They do key passes but 90% of those key passes are the ones to the wing backs when they overlap. Have this screenshot of Correa as an example:

View attachment 137882

I think this is one of the biggest issues as to why the midfield and the forwards have such low ratings. False nines have a good role in the tactic but they seem to play has weaker Inside Forwards. Really think the midfield and the forwards have their potential lost because most of them work just to get the ball on the wing backs. Would it be amazing if you scored more goals by just seeing the 3 forwards playing the One-Twos and the through balls? I actually don't know what to tweak to make this happen without changing the formation, but I'll try to review this aspect later and then I come back to you. Maybe having the Advance Forward help them with another role and instructions. Don't forget that you can exploit the middle and still play the overlapping game.

Results Prints

View attachment 137881

View attachment 137880

View attachment 137879

View attachment 137878

As you can see I had good results even after the Vietto injury. Really impressed with the formation not lacking more goals. The down side for me was the type of goals, I really expected a better teamplay goals with one-twos and through balls, but that's the Match Engine problem too, that's why the "best" tactics exploit the 100% crossing game. I'll try to tweaked when I have the time and if it works well I'll get back to you.

Good job and congrats for this really good tactic!

Heard good things about the sublimity one and I'm also looking forward to see the game play it provides.

OI or no OI? Do you have a preference here?

for a smaller team - lower media prediction I would go for the oi's of the front page - it has been successul for Jeffers89 using that with Nottingham Forrest - I normally don't use oi's, but it seems like a good choice for some people.

I would try without first though since I do think it affects play somehow :) - cheers

i dont have striker with role CF, so its good to change into another role?like AF or Poacher??

Thanks

While that would make good sense - I will say you should not change anything becourse you want the specifics from that role CF
I also think I have added a few things to player instructions - so instead try and get a better one for the role instead of changing the role.

Cheers

Finished my test with Atletico Madrid and I can say this tactic is a really well balanced 4-3-3. It works a charm if you have good wingbacks because they really carry all games like they are freaking Lebron James!

The width of the formation and the overlapping attack makes this 4-3-3 crossing galore when you are playing the possession game. When the team steals the ball up high on the field, they will use the 3 forwards with good passing game to score a counter attack goal, which is where all the through ball goals came.

Because of the formation overlapping works well cause usually the opp wingbacks will try to cover the false nines and so opens up so much space for your own wingbacks to score.

With this first overview said, I'll write what a think it can be improved.

Defense

Not much can be said here because it played well for a 4-3-3 that usually lacks so much in defense. The major problem came from the midfield, because they will maintain that horizontal line and which is a problem if you lose the ball in the midfield. The MC(A) can't cover the gaps that the wing backs provide because they always try to overlap. The way teams cover this problem in real life is using a defensive midfielder. For example if you watch real football, players like Busquets, Casemiro, Vidal, Alonso, William Carvalho, play behind 2 midfielders to help the attacking phase and then use their position to cover the middle against counter attack and normal attack, providing the help to allow the center backs to extend their defense and cover the gaps allowed from the wingbacks.

Because you play a normal tempo and play a well balanced short and direct passing game, I think you can adjust the midfield to a triangle. You can actually keep the advance playmaker and use another role for the second midfielder. Because you play overlap, I think its better to not have any midfielder with "Get Foward" and so on keep the possession with the midfield triangle.

Overall defense was amazing and I expected the worst when I downloaded the tactic to be honest.

Offense

Keep in mind the advice I gave with the triangle example, it can be applied on the forwards too. The forwards get so low touches and are used primarily just to counter attack or finish crosses. They do key passes but 90% of those key passes are the ones to the wing backs when they overlap. Have this screenshot of Correa as an example:

View attachment 1066926

I think this is one of the biggest issues as to why the midfield and the forwards have such low ratings. False nines have a good role in the tactic but they seem to play has weaker Inside Forwards. Really think the midfield and the forwards have their potential lost because most of them work just to get the ball on the wing backs. Would it be amazing if you scored more goals by just seeing the 3 forwards playing the One-Twos and the through balls? I actually don't know what to tweak to make this happen without changing the formation, but I'll try to review this aspect later and then I come back to you. Maybe having the Advance Forward help them with another role and instructions. Don't forget that you can exploit the middle and still play the overlapping game.

Results Prints

View attachment 1066927

View attachment 1066928

View attachment 1066929

View attachment 1066930

As you can see I had good results even after the Vietto injury. Really impressed with the formation not lacking more goals. The down side for me was the type of goals, I really expected a better teamplay goals with one-twos and through balls, but that's the Match Engine problem too, that's why the "best" tactics exploit the 100% crossing game. I'll try to tweaked when I have the time and if it works well I'll get back to you.

Good job and congrats for this really good tactic!

Very nice review!!

Alot of the problems I see is the match engine - I almost get a feeling that the developers have been told in former versions of fm that the crossing doesn't work very well which I know it didn't for fm13 atleast - now its almost overkill.

The midfielders - CM auto & PM - If this would have been a real team I would maybe have focussed more on getting a defensive triangle. The CM auto are like a multi role in one defensive normal and offensive - I got some of the best performances I have seen from midfielders in fm16 so I was very happy with this role - for me it was also a bigger question of keeping a balance where the front players and the midfield wouldn't be to far apart from each other. If I would sacrifice anything that would be the AP and that would be for a CM defend not a DM or an Anchorman or a halfback - again if you play a dominant tactic like this I believe you have to have your midfielders in the centre. Another thing I would consider would be the CM auto though they probably are the closest to a favourite role for me, but atleast one roaming PM wouldn't be a bad choice though I'm highly against multi roles in the midfield - I like symmetry.

The strikers - 50 - 60 - 60 gls if you see stats like that then not much can top it. False9's create havoc and uncertainty in the opponent defence - especially coming deep - its movement is hard to mark and creates incohesion of the opponent defence. An alternative to this position would be the deep laying forward support or the complete forward support - another alternative is to move these false9's down to CAM position as a attacking midifielder role, but that defeats the purpose of this 433

Using more advanced forwards instead of false9's would make this an incoherent formation and the possession would most likely suffer - but feel free to tweak this tactic - I welcome it - if you find something you like and that works please post it here.

I'm very impressed with your analysis of the game - if you somehow could combine your analysis with your ideas successfully - nothing would make me more happy - I don't know ATH Madrid very well apart from KOKE & Griezmann so don't know the other players well - all I know is 9 out of 10 times in general I bash a.madrid with various tactics.

Consider changing the front 3 (the strikers) to the setup of Kingdom v1 - checkout the tactic called peacebreaker I think I put it to the frontpage which is a Sublimity abnormally its the tactic that I have had the best performances with on the players overall.

looking forward to hear what you do next :)

Cheers mate

Good points. I always like to hear the opinion of the user that made the tactic. This because when I make my own for online play, I really put a lot of thought and analysis and I can see you did the same here.

I tested with Atletico because I've been doing it for other tactics here and they have one of the best teams for position/role variety. To really test how a tactic play, you really need to check all stats/reports/aspects for each game.

I agree with the false 9 role and I don't want to change it, but at least try to have them have the ball for more time then they had so far. You can do this with short passing and having 2 midfielders bringing up the ball to them.

About the crossing aspect of the game you are definitely correct! FM13 and 14 had none of it and they didn't tweaked. They had a really good version on this one, but the corners where messed up. And so they improved by ten tons the middle defense, which renders almost useless the usual one-twos. You can still score a lot of through balls assists and normal passes in this game, but I only found a way playing like Barça or Pepe Guardiola teams, with the narrow 4-1-2-3. I can confirm with the same Atletico squad with this pic:

View attachment 137798

View attachment 137795

With barça the same type of tactic even goes to another level:

View attachment 137797

View attachment 137796

I would like to tweak your pure 4-3-3 to emulate the best aspects of this one, making it an absolute beast for people that love 4-3-3. Check the players passing %, everyone above 80%-85%, but the forwards have less because it's their job to do the "last pass" for a goal. This type of possession play will improve your open cut chances, shooting efficiency and defense. I say defense because in football terms, the best defense is having the ball most of the time in your opponent midfield, lowering the changes for a good counter attack and the opportunities the opponent get for open cut chances.

I still think that abusing crosses works best in this game, but when you play against online people and they can nullify your crossing aspect, you need a plan B and this is the one I mainly use. The goals and the football are a beauty to watch too and that's a plus for me.

I'll try to release a good tweak for sublimity this weekend. Keep up the good work!

Good points. I always like to hear the opinion of the user that made the tactic. This because when I make my own for online play, I really put a lot of thought and analysis and I can see you did the same here.

I tested with Atletico because I've been doing it for other tactics here and they have one of the best teams for position/role variety. To really test how a tactic play, you really need to check all stats/reports/aspects for each game.

I agree with the false 9 role and I don't want to change it, but at least try to have them have the ball for more time then they had so far. You can do this with short passing and having 2 midfielders bringing up the ball to them.

About the crossing aspect of the game you are definitely correct! FM13 and 14 had none of it and they didn't tweaked. They had a really good version on this one, but the corners where messed up. And so they improved by ten tons the middle defense, which renders almost useless the usual one-twos. You can still score a lot of through balls assists and normal passes in this game, but I only found a way playing like Barça or Pepe Guardiola teams, with the narrow 4-1-2-3. I can confirm with the same Atletico squad with this pic:

View attachment 1067018

View attachment 1067021

With barça the same type of tactic even goes to another level:

View attachment 1067019

View attachment 1067020

I would like to tweak your pure 4-3-3 to emulate the best aspects of this one, making it an absolute beast for people that love 4-3-3. Check the players passing %, everyone above 80%-85%, but the forwards have less because it's their job to do the "last pass" for a goal. This type of possession play will improve your open cut chances, shooting efficiency and defense. I say defense because in football terms, the best defense is having the ball most of the time in your opponent midfield, lowering the changes for a good counter attack and the opportunities the opponent get for open cut chances.

I still think that abusing crosses works best in this game, but when you play against online people and they can nullify your crossing aspect, you need a plan B and this is the one I mainly use. The goals and the football are a beauty to watch too and that's a plus for me.

I'll try to release a good tweak for sublimity this weekend. Keep up the good work!

Dinner time so can't really write lol - exellent post mate and ofcourse you are welcome to tweak it or take inspiration to create something even better - cheers

Fernandes from Botafogo

lMCO6as.jpg

Ko Seung-*** from Suwon

uy0Zx0P.jpg

Luis Henrique from Botafogo

Z9aH8mo.jpg

I wanted to show you a few ingame players that I'm not sure if you know - you probably know Luis Henrique, a very strong alternative to Gabriel Barbosa and cheaper - Ko Seung-*** very cheap I got him for 2.5m pounds, but had a problem getting a work permit for Leicester - he plays amazing on the pitch I recommend him as well. Fernandes just plays amazing on the pitch and I discovered him when Fernandes played amazing against my Brazilian team in my online game I have with my friend - he's very recommendable.

However - Lets talk ppm's

Actually I just want to repeat Shot with power - All players who have technique and finishing will benefit from this ppm I think this ppm will do good with strikers of any sort and any wide players from wide mid to wingers and inside forwards - I think this ppm is a king ppm for offensive players and the reason why I mention it again.

For wide players run with ball through centre will be highly beneficial as well

I haven't tried it yet but some people say round keeper on players with quickness and composure I'll need to try it before I can confirm this.

Place shot's I'm not sure if I can confirm whether that's a good ppm or not in comparrison to shot with power - obviously Messi do good with this one, but his attributes are already so good that I'm not sure how much this ppm's affects Messi.

Anyway I hope you guys are going good

Cheers

ps you still use Sublimity or other thread tactics?

Hi, thinking of starting a new save for something to do on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Thought about trying your tactics for a while. What would you recommend most from your tactics? Thanks

Hi, thinking of starting a new save for something to do on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Thought about trying your tactics for a while. What would you recommend most from your tactics? Thanks

Sublimity the original first page or peacebreaker - but it also depends on the team you choose and what sort of players those teams have - so hard to say really - but please don't choose an underdog team that will only get you into problems + you won't see the beauty of sublimity the way its suppose to be seen.

cheers

Sublimity the original first page or peacebreaker - but it also depends on the team you choose and what sort of players those teams have - so hard to say really - but please don't choose an underdog team that will only get you into problems + you won't see the beauty of sublimity the way its suppose to be seen.

cheers

So for underdog team, what tactic is the best??

Thanks

Back