Should I play Coutinho as MEZ ore should I sell him?

Hi! I gonna test your 4-4-2 a little bit i think, but im a bit confused, which version is the better one in your opinion?
The 3.0 or the 3.5 version? :)

I noticed in the 5-2-3 tactic the Central DC come short for corner? Is that right?

Hi! I gonna test your 4-4-2 a little bit i think, but im a bit confused, which version is the better one in your opinion?
The 3.0 or the 3.5 version? :)

people said 3.0 is better.

but I recommend to combine 442 and 523 as described in OP.

442 is useful when you face 4123dm, 523wide (2wingers , 1 striker and no central attacking midfielder)

442 on the first page is still 3.0, did you upload the 3.5 one yet?

OH nvm me just didn't read the last part of thread.

Last edited:
Started with Man Utd, just used 442 one no change whatsoever = 0 loss.

Doing very well in all competitions, no signing done yet (except one 16 yrs old) to help 1st team.

Not sure what happened but in my save, Totenham City Chelsea Arsenal went limp in mid-table.

Lvpool are quite strong with Salah Mane - so far the only team who gave difficulties.
Only managed to snag a draw with near injury time AT HOME.

This is maybe my best start of playing FM after so many years.

Started with Man Utd, just used 442 one no change whatsoever = 0 loss.

Doing very well in all competitions, no signing done yet (except one 16 yrs old) to help 1st team.

Not sure what happened but in my save, Totenham City Chelsea Arsenal went limp in mid-table.

Lvpool are quite strong with Salah Mane - so far the only team who gave difficulties.
Only managed to snag a draw with near injury time AT HOME.

This is maybe my best start of playing FM after so many years.

good for you!

glad to hear that you are enjoying with this tac.

thx.

quick question:

do the players' roles play significant matter in the formation?

do you go find & buy players or retrain them to suit DLPM, Carrilero, IW, or CF?

quick question:

do the players' roles play significant matter in the formation?

do you go find & buy players or retrain them to suit DLPM, Carrilero, IW, or CF?

1. It's not a big deal about roles of strikers and defenders. but roles of midfielders are important. and also stopper (in the middle of central defenders) too.

2. usually, I don't like to buy many players at first season. I used to buy 2~4players for first team , and some youngsters for future every single season. that's because, buying many players affect bad cohesion to your team.

He is very prolific with Iheanacho on the pitch against big teams. You should try him with Slimani against smaller teams. Who do you play in RM and LM ?

vardy must have been reading my comment as he's been an absolute beast ever since in the save

Having great results with this set of tactics. thank you very much, Vanco

Im still amazed at how well this tactic is working for my Dover team! After winning the Vanarama Prem after being predicted 18th, I have started really strongly in League 2. So far I have won all 4 games. The results:

2-1
5-1
6-1
4-0

Cant recommend this tactic enough. The front 3 are deadly!

Edit: We are also predicted 24th this season.

Last edited:
Im still amazed at how well this tactic is working for my Dover team! After winning the Vanarama Prem after being predicted 18th, I have started really strongly in League 2. So far I have won all 4 games. The results:

2-1
5-1
6-1
4-0

Cant recommend this tactic enough. The front 3 are deadly!

Edit: We are also predicted 24th this season.

Thx for your comment. I'm happy for you

I have been trying the 4-4-2 with Sporting (don't like to play with 5 at the back).
Regarding this tactic can say that is a monster at home - 2x 5-0, 7-0, and beaten both Bayern and Porto.

Away is another story .. Sometimes feel impotent to anything else.
Once again I know that you should try the set of tactics and play them in consideration of the opponent's formation.

View attachment 77206

I have been trying the 4-4-2 with Sporting (don't like to play with 5 at the back).
Regarding this tactic can say that is a monster at home - 2x 5-0, 7-0, and beaten both Bayern and Porto.

Away is another story .. Sometimes feel impotent to anything else.
Once again I know that you should try the set of tactics and play them in consideration of the opponent's formation.

View attachment 1134574

Sure.. I dont expect that 442 tactic could be perfect against everything.
At first, we should not hope the only one perfect in FM unless you have very very powerful squad.

I think , if we can beat all teams with one tactic, its not a strategic game anymore. Its a bug.

So I enjoy using various tactics. :D

But if I should choose only 1 tactic, i choose 523 in Fm2018.

I think 523 with 3 strikers is the best formation in fm2018 so far.

Last edited: