Super Bowl 2011

this is the first time i have ever attempted to watch a whole "football" game and wow i'm confused...

whats with all the stops? i don't mean break up in play i mean the breaks where they go back to the studio?

is a good watch but i don't really understand what it is i'm watching apart from having to catch the ball in the end zone lol

rugby is far better :)

When does the next season start?

Hard to say. Depends if there's a player lockout this season. If thats the case, no NFL this year. But usually starts September with preseason in August

this is the first time i have ever attempted to watch a whole "football" game and wow i'm confused...

whats with all the stops? i don't mean break up in play i mean the breaks where they go back to the studio?

is a good watch but i don't really understand what it is i'm watching apart from having to catch the ball in the end zone lol

If you hit the ground when holding the ball, the game is stopped and basically reset. It's like playing touch rugby, but the player who is touching you is the ground and you retain possession. Also, it allows for ad breaks.

Hard to say. Depends if there's a player lockout this season. If thats the case, no NFL this year. But usually starts September with preseason in August
Wow that long?

It is just the way they do it in america it gives the teams time to discuss the next play and the studio to analysis the previous play

Sacked like a biyatch. Tenacious by Harrison.

gotta go need to be up for 8!! im putting my money on 30-27 to the Packers!!! if that score is even possible!?!?

Wow that long?

Teams do have a bye week aswell though, so gives them a breather-unless theyre playing in wembley of course lol

That sack was very big for Pittsburgh. Have to see how Green Bay react to that

If you hit the ground when holding the ball, the game is stopped and basically reset. It's like playing touch rugby, but the player who is touching you is the ground and you retain possession. Also, it allows for ad breaks.

It's basically a complicated soccer/rugby hybrid game.

Trust me, children have no idea how the game works either. When I was small I used to think the football itself had to touch the endzone for a score, with or without a player attached |)

Still fun to play, I was a really good WR, I could really really catch, but then blew out my knee my last year of high school making a tackle and it killed my goal of playing football in college XD

The skills i learned transitioned brilliantly to the soccer pitch though, in the few games I played I was a nasty goalkeeper with my jumping (30 inch vertical) catching and positioning skills.

It's basically a complicated soccer/rugby hybrid game.

Trust me, children have no idea how the game works either. When I was small I used to think the football itself had to touch the endzone for a score, with or without a player attached |)

Still fun to play, I was a really good WR, I could really really catch, but then blew out my knee my last year of high school making a tackle and it killed my goal of playing football in college XD

The skills i learned transitioned brilliantly to the soccer pitch though, in the few games I played I was a nasty goalkeeper with my jumping (30 inch vertical) catching and positioning skills.

A few lads out of my school have been given scholarships to go and play football/soccer in the USA, a couple are going to Seattle, not sure about the others.

id love to see the game played more in europe though.
Im from ireland so with the gaelic and hurling we play id say we would be pretty good

A few lads out of my school have been given scholarships to go and play football/soccer in the USA, a couple are going to Seattle, not sure about the others.

My university "WVU/West Virginia University" often gives scholarships to players all over the world. We even have a couple players who I've found on football manager! (I always sign them! (H))

Still hard to get any good players out of Europe though.

id love to see the game played more in europe though.
Im from ireland so with the gaelic and hurling we play id say we would be pretty good

There were teams in the European league years back-from Barcelona, London...but it didn't last long. Still have the British league though, and some players from the UK end up in the NFL. So on the plus side, we are capable of producing talent which is good to see

Sacked. That was coming, waited far too long.

...I think.

Nice contribution with Clay Matthews doing the QB spy (or watching the quarterback)

i think there is a league in ireland but it is very unkown

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

awful kick

Being a WR would be awesome but bad at the same time.
We used to play it at school and I went up for a catch and got absolutely drilled by one of the other guys, hurt so much <)