Super Bowl 2011

Just a little question, and I am not questioning the Americans passion or love for sport, but do you reckon NFL means as much to them as football does to us?

Just a little question, and I am not questioning the Americans passion or love for sport, but do you reckon NFL means as much to them as football does to us?

i'd say so yeah. Like Baseball, it can be a family event, where you never get any trouble at all. Pretty much brings people together, and can be a way of making friends. And its escapism in its best form

Probably... The players are even more famous than footballers are, and they have massive stadiums etc. Difficult to tell from such an outsider POV

its also a great excuse for me to eat the unhealthiest foods lol

whats superbowl ?
aaam, its a handeggball XD

Last edited:

Only way I'd put it is, seasonal play would be like a dozen Camp Nous being sold out, those stadiums are massive

9 play 80-yard drive. Nice indeed

Only way I'd put it is, seasonal play would be like a dozen Camp Nous being sold out, those stadiums are massive

Of course they are. America's just a much larger population than us or Spain or so on.

80k capacity stadiums are sold out weekly, even for the worst of teams.

Only 8 home games a year though helps.

Rodgers surprised Pittsburg defence by throwing the ball despite being a yard behing the 1st down line. Smart move :)

I rather like watching a sport in which I have absolutely no idea what's happening.

The pauses are ****** annoying though.

Of course they are. America's just a much larger population than us or Spain or so on.

And Average Gross Inc. plays into the table, and unemployment rates, and team stature, and location of the stadiums, and transport, and gasoline rates, **** why isn't China a... what do the Chinese play that can be seen as a spectator sport? I know they have a league, but...

I don't think WBA would sell out a 80k+ stadium even with 300 million people, it also tells of people's allegiances and so forth.

one thing i'm hoping for is no serious injuries. Worst one I saw was a Detroit Lions guard (Mike Utley), when he was doing a block, and was paralysed from the chest down after injuring 2 vertabrae. Was very sad to see. Hate seeing nasty injuries happen

---------- Post added at 05:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 AM ----------

holy ****. INT and TD. whats happenin to "Big Ben"?

Whatever happened just then was pretty cool.