August 2014

sport3.jpg

A lot more outs than ins
Solid start in the league for once
Community Shield and European Super Cup games close

Transfers

View attachment 373916View attachment 373917

Sooooo a ton of outs and not many ins. Mind you most of the outs are youth players just leaving the club. Notable outs are Portugese winger Bruma who's just been so injury prone and Vadillo is ahead of him, plus I signed Jesus Navas. Abel Hernandez was sold for double what I paid for him, Gary Hooper left on loan to Arsenal so my three strikers will be Maupay, Olly Kenney that English regen and Jamaica the Brazilian regen from United who's dubbed the next Ronaldo(fat one). Thomas Tomkins who also looks very good, another English regen, was loaned out to Millwall... I feel he could make an impact for them and then come back next year and challenge for a starting place maybe. Carlton Morris will also spend another year on loan at Peterborough. Jack Butland was sold for just under what I signed him for and that's because I signed the mighty ter Stegan!!

Anyway there were so many immense transfer listed players this summer Cech, Ribery, Thiago Silva, Inigo Martinez, Rooney, ter Stegan just to name a few but most wanted insane wages. I signed Navas though who I thought could do a good job and also mentor Vadillo, same nation and position. Diouf and Manero and both regens who looks alright, Diouf was on a free and only on £1k a week so its a no lose. Manero looks like he could be Schneiderlin's replacement in a few years and has been loaned to Crawley. Then I saw ter Stegan was transfer listed but I felt the fee was too high, but I had money burning a hole in my pocket and he's better than Butland plus Benfica bid I felt I had to sign him.

Jesus Navas

View attachment 373923

Really like the look of his stats and considering I signed him for £7m and his value is £12m its a good deal.

Gerard Diouf

View attachment 373924

Signed completely free and low wages, I can't really lose plus he looks alright.

Jose Miguel Manero

View attachment 373927

Some really nice well rounded stats. Spending the year at Crawley to get some first team football, could be a part of the first team set up next season.

Marc-Andre ter Stegan

View attachment 373930

The beast himself joins for a big fee but he's worth it, a top class keeper who will be our number 1 for many years.

ALSO!! I signed a Brazilian regen who joins in 2016...

Chumbinho

View attachment 373938

5* PA snapped up for £1.2m. Can't wait to get my hands on him!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Community Shield

Manchester City 0 - 2 Southampton

Maupay, Navas

View attachment 373941

Very good way to kick off the season with a win over City!!! Navas came back to haunt them with a goal from the bench too!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League

Sheffield Wednesday 1 - 3 Southampton

Maupay, Bernard, Navas

Nice way to kick off the league with a tidy win over newly promoted Wednesday. Neal Maupay netting early on then Bernard with a nice volley from Clyne's cross. Navas scored a brilliant solo goal here which won Goal of the Month.

Southampton 3 - 0 Burnley

Doria, Maupay(2)

Another solid win over a newly promoted side with Maupay showing me he is indeed ready to lead the line. Doria netted too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

European Super Cup

Southampton 0 - 2 Bayern Munich

Yeah to kinda be expected. The team they have is insane and Gotze bossed us. Never mind.

Monthly Review

A top month really. I'm pretty happy with my transfers, I feel bad for Butland but you can't turn down ter Stegan. Brilliant month in the league as we finally don't have United first game, plus I'm really happy with the win over City in the Community Shield. We were brilliant and Navas scoring did make me laugh :p Mancini is back in charge of them too!!!

Anyway this season marks our first in the Champions League and we were handed probably the best possible group, being seeded third..

View attachment 373950

Player of the Month

Neal Maupay

neal-maupay_114808_w460.jpg

The young lad is still only 18, not valued at £7m but I wouldn't sell him for £70m. Beast.

Table

View attachment 373956

Good start, we win our game in hand we we top.​

Gr8 story mate keep up the good work :)

great story sam keep up the fantastic work :) could you tell me what face pack ur using plz ive got a few myself but maupay is still grayed out :(

Southampton Sign Super Frank

40854.jpg

Southampton today announced the signing of ex England midfielder Frank Lampard. Lampard has been available on a free since his contract at Chelsea had run out in the summer. Mr Birch had this to say:

''I'm a huge fan of Frank and I'm very confident that he can add quality and experience to the side. Lads like James Ward-Prowse and Will Hughes can learn a lot from him. He's a born winner who's won countless titles and is vastly experienced in the Champions League too which will help us this year.''

Lampard has penned a 1 year contract at St Mary's on £47k a week with an added clause in which if he plays in 20 league games his contract is expended by a year.

Amazing story Sam as usual really liking it even if it is Southampton :p but really good buisness in getting Frank to the club
Push for that title!

Congrats on trophies, I think you could win the Champions League!
Chumbinho has a great name and looks awesome!
Frank could tutor players

September 2014

374574_566593910027731_2107445391_n.jpg

Solid league performances
Okay start in the Champions League
Thriller against Newcastle

League

Southampton 4 - 1 Stoke

Maupay(2), Lampard, Navas

Solid win here as to be expected, Lamps netting on his debut too.

Hull City 1 - 3 Southampton

Kenney, Dawson, Lallana

Olly Kenney nets his first goal for the club here, Dawson and Lallana scored the others in a straight forward win.

Newcastle 1 - 2 Southampton

Tachtsidis, Maupay

View attachment 374182

Phew!! An absolute thrilling game here, both teams having good chances but Neal Maupay sealed it late on after Tachtsidis netted an absolute thunder bolt of a shot.

Southampton 1 - 1 Chelsea

Maupay

Argh. We went ahead early on but Rodrigo netted for them just after half time. Tight game but 2 points lost in my eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League

Southampton 4 - 1 FC Porto

Hughes, Maupay, Bernard, Clyne

View attachment 374183

Much easier than the Europa League final as we swept them aside!! Big win.

Sevilla 1 - 1 Southampton

Navas

Jesus Navas nets against another old team here. I'll take a draw away against Sevilla.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So a pretty solid month. Disappointed with the Chelsea game a bit but never mind, Navas has been sensational since signing and Lamps has done alright too. Maupay has continued his great form and Olly Kenney netted his first goal for the club that's good too :)

Jamaica has struggled a tad though but I'll keep giving him chances, he's still young and Brazilian too so will take time to settle. Bernard picked up a knock in the Sevilla game though and is out for 2 weeks.

Player of the Month

Jesus Navas

Jesus-Navas.jpg

The guys been immense and a constant menace down the right. His pace is devestating.

Tables

View attachment 374186View attachment 374187

All going very well so far!! A win over Partizan and either Porto or Sevilla and we should get out of the group!!!

awesome story mate, has inspired me to be Southampton reading this last few days.

Read through the Story from the Beginning and its Brilliant so far.
Well Done on Winning the League, But letting Hooper and Hernandez go might just Prove to be a Big Gamble.
Good Luck for the UCL this Season

Bad news atm guys my laptops broken and won't start. I hope it's not too serious and will try and get it fixed ASAP

Bad news atm guys my laptops broken and won't start. I hope it's not too serious and will try and get it fixed ASAP

Hope you get it fixed mate, you have a Premier League to retain and a Champions League to win! ;)

Hope you get it fixed mate, you have a Premier League to retain and a Champions League to win! ;)
Yep will take it somewhere tomorrow I think the hard drive has slipped out of place but I know **** all about computers :S

Should learn the fate of the laptop today lads, hoping its just something small and I haven't lost my hard drive :/