January 2014

945501_600630553283502_721854344_n.jpg

Spend more money this month
Some big players leave
Stunning result against United

Transfers

View attachment 372870

So I signed four players and let quite a few players leave, I'm already kinda regretting selling Jack Cork :/ he was such a good player but signing Will Hughes and Pedro Obiang.. I wanna develop them. I also snapped up Jack Butland for a high fee but the lads got talent and is quite a bit better than Steele who left for a small fee but with a 50% sell on fee coming to us. A number of youngsters left on loan to get some game time, notably Jamaica and Olly Kenney who I just can't afford to play at the moment considering we're still in the title hunt. I also managed to loan in Kevin De Bruyne which is a massive signing as the lad is incredible. I will certainly look into signing him in the summer if I can come to an agreement with Chelsea. Mayuka also left this window after complaining about lack of time on the pitch.

Will Hughes

View attachment 372871

Yeah I've had him before, yeah everyone signs him. But come on, the kids immense why wouldn't you sign him?! Plus will play in a deeper role here unlike my Chelsea save where he played more advanced.

Kevin De Bruyne

View attachment 372877

Love this guy IRL and in game. Such a classy player and only paying 40% of his wages too. Certainly on my shopping list for the summer too.

Pedro Obiang

View attachment 372878

Looks like a really classy player and he's still young. Very happy to pick him up quite cheaply too.

Jack Butland

View attachment 372879

Might have overpaid quite a bit but Jason Steele's recent performances have disappointed me somewhat and I feel like I have upgraded getting in Jack Butland. English, young and a very good player.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League

Manchester United 3 - 4 Southampton

Zouma, Ramirez, Hernandez(2)

View attachment 372880

Just wow. What a mental game!! We got 3 penalties, missed one and scored two. We also had EIGHT clear cut chances!! Just absolutely mental match and I'm so happy we came out on top.

Southampton 3 - 0 Wigan

De Bruyne(2), Schneiderlin

Solid performance from the lads with KDB bagging a brace on his debut here. Wigan have done alright this season and Jay Rod has been on fire for them... annoyingly.

Cardiff 0 - 1 Southampton

Lopez

Remember that 16 year old left back regen I signed in the summer? Ivan Jesus Lopez? Scored a freak goal here but it was very important as it got us the three points here!!

Southampton 1 - 1 Newcastle

Hooper

We weren't great here to be honest and Newcastle could have easily had all three points.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FA Cup

Third Round

Ipswich 3 - 4 Southampton

Bernard(2), Hooper, Hernandez

View attachment 372882

So nearly threw away a 4 goal lead here, I really wasn't impressed with our second half performance!! Never mind we progress with Bernard really impressing here.

Fourth Round

Everton 1 - 4 Southampton

Hernandez(2), Bernard, Vadillo

View attachment 372884

A stunning performance away from home here as we were 4-0 up before even half an hour had been planned. Next round we face Millwall.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So a very good month really :) alright on paper we should beat Newcastle but they've been superb this year to be fair but I always fancy us at home. Our away form has really picked too with that stunning win over United in probably my most epic game of FM ever, no lie.

In terms of my transfers I decided against selling Hernandez and I'm glad that I kept him as he's been immense this month, sadly Maupay broke a rib early on and missed the whole month basically. I'm really happy with my transfers though, especially Hughes and De Bruyne.

Player of the Month

Abel Hernandez

AbelHernandez_2503031.jpg

5 Goals this month including that stunning double against United after coming off the bench.

Table

View attachment 372886

We are certainly holding our own, I think it'll come down to how we perform against the teams around us...

February 2014

leisure_1.jpg

Fantastic league results
Teach Arsenal a lesson in football
Thrilling tie against Braga in the Europa League

League

Fulham 1 - 3 Southampton

Bernard, Vadillo, Hooper

Very solid performance here, never in trouble and good to see Vadillo netting here.

Everton 1 - 3 Southampton

Maupay(2), Tachtsidis

Aaand another 3-1 win haha. Neal Maupay makes an impressive comback from injury and finally Tachtsidis gets his first goal for the club.

Southampton 2 - 0 Arsenal

Hooper(2)

View attachment 373181

BOOM!!! Massive win here as it was 2nd v 1st. Gary Hooper making the difference here with a solid brace. Huge, huge win.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FA Cup

Fifth Round

Millwall 0 - 1 Southampton

Forde OG

An incredibly boring match here with Forde turning the ball into his own net just before half-time from a corner. Boring but a win.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Europa League

First Knockout Round 1st Leg

Braga 2 - 1 Southampton

Vadillo

A pretty good result here, we deserved a draw but conceded late on. Vadillo was a menace down the right and got on the scoresheet again. He's really improving to be fair but still I want more from him.

First Knockout Round 2nd Leg

Southampton 2 - 0 Braga

Bernard, Dawson

View attachment 373192

YES!! Very impressive performance here as we did the job with a solid win. Bernard nets another goal this season and I just love him. Craig Dawson scored too to send us into the next round :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

What a month. Top league results especially demolishing Arsenal like that to really stamp our title credentials upon the league!! Also progressing in the Europa League nicely with that immense win over Braga. Really impressed with our professionalism.

Jack Butland has made a massive difference too, I feel much more confident with him in between the sticks. Bernard's having an amazing season and all my strikers especially Hooper are pretty prolific.

Player of the Month

Gary Hooper

Dundee+0+Celtic+2

That brace against Arsenal could end up winning us the title. Such an amazing player.

Table

View attachment 373200

TOP!! We're in with a real chance this year... amazing stuff.

Should finish the season tonight lads :)

And can you upload the save after the season ends if you don't mind?

March 2014

article-2197067-14CDB126000005DC-199_634x462.jpg

Poor youth intake again
Solid league form as United storm up the league to make it a three way battle for the title
Smash Spurs in the Europa League

League

Aston Villa 0 - 0 Southampton

Arghhh such a boring game. Villa played a real defensive game and frustrated us, Arsenal won and made our stay at the top short.

Stoke 0 - 3 Southampton

Maupay(2), Bernard

BOOM!! That's more like it, Maupay finding that goal scoring touch again and Bernard scoring late on.

Manchester City 2 - 2 Southampton

Maupay(2)

View attachment 373489

Phew what a comeback. We really improved in the second half after an AWFUL first half. Neal Maupay again scoring a brace.

Southampton 4 - 1 Reading

Dawson, Ramirez(2), Hooper

View attachment 373490

Another brilliant comeback here. I was stunned that we were losing at half time but we came out fired up and smashed them up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FA Cup

Sixth Round

Reading 1 - 3 Southampton

Hooper, Ramirez, Otondo

Solid win here away to Reading. Luis Otondo netting his first goal for the club!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Europa League

Second Knockout Round 1st Leg

Southampton 2 - 0 Tottenham

Clyne(2)

View attachment 373501

Perfect result really, clean sheet and a two goal lead!! Nathaniel Clyne netting twice, had to play him at left back due to Luke Shaw being injured!!

Tottenham 0 - 2 Southampton

Lloris OG, Maupay

View attachment 373502

Oooosh what a result!!! They battered us and we only had 2 shots on target but hey, we win!! Through to the next round now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

Brilliant month apart from those two slip ups in the league. Even though City are having a dreadful season they're still a good side with top players so a draw isn't too bad but that Villa game.... **** sakes man. We battered them but couldn't score, hope it doesn't cost us. United have shot up the table now to make things even more tense going into April and May!! Providing Bernard and Maupay continue their top form we should be good for a top 4 finish but I honestly don't think it would be the worst thing if we were to crash out of the Europa League to avoid fixture congestion.

Anyway Youth Intake month and another disappointing intake to be honest, the lad doesn't look bad but he's the best we got sadly.

View attachment 373503

Player of the Month

Neal Maupay

Neal-Maupay-Nice-2012_2874827.jpg

Suffered a bit of a baron spell in the middle of the season but he's really improving again and is the BPL's third top scorer behind Ba and RVP.

Table

View attachment 373504

So if we win our game in hand we do go back to the top, but its insanely tight. I don't think I've ever seen such a close top six on FM ever. Awesome stuff.​

April 2014

1909746_w2.jpg

Play Spurs and Chelsea in the league this month...
Shakhtar swept aside in the Europa League
FA Cup run comes to an abrupt end

League

Swansea 1 - 3 Southampton

Hernandez(3)

Rested players here and the lads done the job well with Abel Hernandez smashing in a hat-trick, he's been moaning about lack of game time but showed me here he's still committed.

Southampton 3 - 1 Hull City

Maupay, Ramirez(2)

A tight-ish game, we went 2-0 up but they scored to make me a tad nervous. A late Ramirez peno sealed the three points for us.

Southampton 3 - 2 Chelsea

Bernard, Vadillo, Lallana

View attachment 373581

Phew. We were all over them then all of a sudden Chelsea decided to turn up!! A brace from van Ginkel made me nervous, switched to my counter tactic for the last 10 and saw the game out nicely.

Tottenham 0 - 1 Southampton

Lallana

View attachment 373584

A really close game, Vadillo missed about 3 chances mind!! Lallana scored a superb break away goal for us to send us top.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FA Cup

Semi Final

Southampton 1 - 2 Manchester City

Lallana

**** sakes. Aguero gave them the lead then we dominted, finally making the break through on the hour mark. Then Aguero struck just before full time to break our hearts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Europa League

Quarter Final 1st Leg

Shakhtar 1 - 1 Southampton

Ramirez

A real tough game here, looked like Shakhtar were going to win it until in the 88th minute Gaston Ramirez scored a tap in to secure us a key away goal.

Quarter Final 2nd Leg

Southampton 1 - 0 Shakhtar

Vadillo

View attachment 373587

Another really tight game but a goal from that boy Vadillo sends us through. He's really picked up his performances lately.

Semi Final 1st Leg

Southampton 5 - 2 Galatasaray

Dawson(2), Vadillo(2), Hernandez

View attachment 373589

Hmmm not sure what to make of it. Not happy to concede 2 away goals but to smash in 5 makes me confident we can go to Turkey and get a result.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

Perfect month. We remained disciplined in the league and are doing well in the Europa League too. Shame about the FA Cup again but City are a good side and it means one less game next month to be honest. Superb performances against Chelsea and Spurs in the league, the Tottenham game was pretty awful performance wise but the main thing is 3 points.

Bruma has only just made his return from injury but Vadillo has really stepped up lately adding goals to his game which is always nice. Bernard has been immense once more, and Hernandez has impressed but will probably be sold in the summer. Hooper missed the whole month through injury.

Player of the Month

Alvaro Vadillo

Real-Betis-youngster-Alvaro-Vadillo-ruled-out-for-six-months-La-Liga-News-106019.jpg

The young Spanish winger has been immense this month netting 4 goals.

Table

View attachment 373598

Its in our hands.... Champions League qualification is secured anyway which is still a huge achievement.​

May 2014 and End of Season Awards

BPL%2Btrophy

Stutter at the end of the season
Make it to the Europa League final, face Porto
Rooney unhappy at United....

League

Southampton 3 - 2 Liverpool

Lallana, Schneiderlin, Dawson

View attachment 373672

Wow, we were cruising at 2-0 then out of nothing they come back to 2-2 but Craig Dawson netted late on to secure us a vital win.

Southampton 0 - 1 West Ham

Noooooo. Not now. Not now. We dominated the game but they got s lucky goal late on :/

Southampton 2 - 1 West Brom

Pedro Obiang, Bernard

That's more like it!!! Solid performance, Long scoring in the 90th minute but Pedro finally got his first goal for the club.

QPR 0 - 5 Southampton

Lallana(2), De Bruyne, Bernard(2)

View attachment 373683

Boom!! What a way to end the season, a thumping win... but what is enough to win us the league??

Final League Table and Player Stats

View attachment 373684View attachment 373702

Oooosh there we have it. No choking this time like I have done before in the past with Southampton and Chelsea in the CL Final. I was worried but we held out. Manchester City had a strong finish but still what an awful season for them. United and Liverpool really slipped off the pace towards the end of the season, Arsenal came close but not close enough :p

Europa League Final

Formations

View attachment 373685

Will Hughes was suspended unfortunately so misses out. For them they have signed Nainggolan whos decent and Griezman too. I saw Chamakh leading the line and kinda fancied our chances......

Southampton 1 - 0 FC Porto

Dawson

View attachment 373686

BOOM!! Another trophy this season!! Very nice, was a tight game that could have gone either way. Chamakh missed a good chance late on rattling the crossbar.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Squad

View attachment 373688View attachment 373689

So at the top are my 3 centre backs in Doria, Dawson and Zouma who were all immense. Especially Dawson who has shockingly been left out of Hodgson's England squad!! Hernandez played well when called upon as did my back up full backs in Igor Juliao and Ivan Jesus Lopez. Even at the bottom half Bruma only just missed out on a 7.00 average rating.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Awards

Player's Player of the Year

Craig Dawson

View attachment 373694

Great to see the lad recognised by his fellow players.

Player's Young Player of the Year

1. Bernard
2. Neal Maupay
3. Jack Wilshere

View attachment 373697

Two out of three ain't bad!! Maupay and Bernard have had sensational years, Maupay is scary good at 17.

Goal of the Season

Bernard

View attachment 373698

First time I think I've ever had a player of mine win GOTS. Bernard wins it for a delightful 54 yard strike against Liverpool!!

Team of the Season

View attachment 373699

Lallana beats Bernard, I have two class LW's in those two. Demba Ba had a sensational year for Chelsea.

Manager of the Year

View attachment 373701

Why thank you very much. Chris Powell has done sensationally well with Newcastle this year!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Managers Player of the Season

Craig Dawson

View attachment 373703

Just a sensational centre back, I signed him for just over £4m he's now worth £12m. For me it would take a **** of a lot more than that to sell him right now.

Managers Young Player of the Season

Bernard

View attachment 373704

Wow, what a year from the lad. Was a bit disappointing last year after signing him in January but this season he's been sensational. 22 assists and 17 goals in all competitions.

And that's it for this year lads, what a season couldn't have asked for more!!! Now I want your guys opinions, should I sign Rooney I have a deal in place for just £13.75m....

View attachment 373706

Nice one mate.

as for Rooney.. £140k's a lot per week, and on up to 195k after ten games... will he be playing regular? Will it break your wage structure? Do you have any match Highest Paid Player clauses in play that could cost you?

I would say no deal on Rooney as you are building a young exciting squad with not such high wages and i dont like him:p

Congrats again

Get Rooney - big name player will get you merchandising sales etc

Congrats mate, I'd say no to Rooney, you've got a squad to last for years and you'll recoup nowhere near that much if you sell him.