yeah might be able to get better players now from europe as your rep goes up
Well I've cleaned out a lot of dead wood to reduce the wage bill and made 2 big signings and a ton of young talent. You'll see soon enough ;)

Southampton has been one of my favorite teams to play as on FM. Been following this since it started, great job. Can't wait to see who you sign.

Southampton has been one of my favorite teams to play as on FM. Been following this since it started, great job. Can't wait to see who you sign.
Yeah so enjoyable, update in a bit mate :D

August 2013

real2.jpg
cRZT3.jpg

Busy transfer window as I clear out the dead wood
Pick up two quality centre backs and some regens
Rough start in the league again

Transfers

View attachment 371799View attachment 371800

So I managed to clean out a lot of the bang average players we had who were on highish wages. Schwarzer did well last year but with Warren Clitheroe coming in and Jason Steele impressing last season I let him leave. Forren was sold to West Brom, Dejan Lovren left too after being injured for nearly the whole of last season. The I finally offloaded Jay Rod for a small fee but I have a 50% cut of any profit they make. The rest of the ougoings were players I've tried to get rid of since joining, all going for really cheap fees but with some tidy clauses chucked in.

Coming in was the two regens I showed you before in Jamaica and Clitheroe. I also bagged a few more this summer in Thomas Tomkins, a young striker. Luis Otondo a Spanish centre back, also I replaced the outgoing Danny Fox with young Ivan Jesus Lopez who looks like he could be good in a few years. The I saw City were in for a couple of young English strikers so I did some quality poaching netting Olly Kenney a regen from Leeds who looks quite impressive. Then they moved their attentions to Carlton Morris and I paoched him from under their noses and loaned him out to Peterborough. Gary Hooped arrived on a free, a deal I've had in place since January. Then I focused my main cash on securing the defense as we leaked way too many goals last season, I snapped up Doria, a player I've always wanted to try and sign on FM. I then went to John Stones from Everton but they wanted £30m so I told them to **** off and got Kurt Zouma for £10m less.

Thomas Tomkins

View attachment 371801

Luis Otondo

View attachment 371803

Carlton Morris

View attachment 371804

Ivan Jesus Lopez

View attachment 371805

Olly Kenney

View attachment 371806

Gary Hooper

View attachment 371807

Doria

View attachment 371808

Kurt Zouma

View attachment 371809

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League

Southampton 3 - 4 Manchester United

Maupay(2), Bernard

View attachment 371810

Wow what a game, we were absolutely shocking in the first half as you can clearly see. But we showed our class in the second half with Neal Maupay picking up where he left off from last season netting a double in between a Bernard strike. Sadly De Gea made a stunning save from Gary Hooper late on to deny us one of the best comebacks ever.

Wigan 2 - 2 Southampton

Maupay(2)

View attachment 371811

Southampton 4 - 1 Cardiff

Hooper(2), Maupay, Lallana

Much better. I changed my tactic to the 4-2-4 which always works well at home against weaker opposition and we were 3-0 up after 49 minutes thanks to a Hooper double and Maupay netting his fifth goal of the season already. Cardiff pulled one back but Adam Lallana scored late on to make it 4-1.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So after all that talk of sorting the defence out we go and concede 7 goals in 3 games!!! I am really happy with my working in the market though, think its just the full back postion's that are a tad weak but both Shaw and Clyne are quite attack minded anyway and will develop into better defenders with time.

Really pleased with the attacking lads though, Maupay netting five times this month and Hooper's impressed already. He was one **** of a coup. Bernard's improving with every game and Vadillo has done well so far. Sadly Gaston Ramirez is out for another 2 months after picking up an injury in pre season :/.

Player of the Month

Neal Maupay

Neal-Maupay-Nice-2012_2874827.jpg

This kid could make a real impact this season if he continues to score for fun. Five in three games so far!!

Table

View attachment 371818

Doesn't really mean anything this early, United looking strong again though.​

Hooper looks ridiculously overrated - good signing.

Heard a lot about Doria in real life and how he is going to be better than Marquinhos in the future, so look forward to seeing what he does

Heard a lot about Doria in real life and how he is going to be better than Marquinhos in the future, so look forward to seeing what he does
Yeah apparently Chelsea are in for him, but Juve are sniffing around too.

Hooper looks ridiculously overrated - good signing.
Can't go wrong on a free!!

September 2013

391347_458488894191195_2044195256_n.jpg

Bad set of results in the league again
Kick off our Europa League campaign with a win
Out of the Capital One Cup already

League

Southampton 1 - 0 Fulham

Maupay

That boy Maupay saved us here with a goal early on. Bit boring from then on.

Newcastle 1 - 1 Southampton

Hooper

Argh, we really should have got something here. Hooper continues his good start but we couldn't add to that and were punished.

Arsenal 0 - 0 Southampton

Hmm not a bad result but we certainly had our chances to grab a win here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capital One Cup

Third Round

Hull 1 - 0 Southampton

Meh, fielded a weakened side here but was kinda hoping we'd get something. Never mind I could do without the fixture congestion anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Europa League

Southampton 4 - 0 Panathiniakos

Bernard(2), Hooper(2)

View attachment 371970

Much more like it, Bernard and Hooper scoring two goals each.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

We're still yet to really to get going so far this season, kind of limping through games at the minute I guess the teams still gelling after all the changes in the summer. Kurt Zouma had a really good month at the back, Bernard's form has been really good so far this season which I'm pleased about as he cost a ton. Gary Hooper as settled in really well too giving Maupay some competition, Hernandez is struggling to get a look in!!

Player of the Month

Kurt Zouma

423045_325079680874035_675304227_n.jpg

Had a bit of a wobbly start last month but has been a rock this month.

Tables

View attachment 371981View attachment 371982

Not too bad, its really tight in the league atm. Top of our Europa League group, we should storm that really.​

Bit of a slow start to the season but you'll pick it up soon mate! Doing good and Zouma will be unreal for you, he's always amazing!

Bit of a slow start to the season but you'll pick it up soon mate! Doing good and Zouma will be unreal for you, he's always amazing!
Yeah no doubt, I always seem to have a slow start these days!! Zouma is an animal, sooo good.

October out when I get back from work lads, went to bed at 7pm last night!!

October 2013

tissier_1426922c.jpg

League form picks up
We take control of our Europa League group
Superb game against Chelsea

League

Southampton 4 - 1 Everton

Bernard, Dawson, Zouma, Maupay

View attachment 372157

Immense win here in a really close game. Everton had their chances but Steele was superb and their finishing was shocking. The most clinical side here won.

Southampton 2 - 0 Aston Villa

Dawson, Lallana

Solid enough win with Craig Dawson netting again here. I expected a win and the team delivered.

Chelsea 1 - 2 Southampton

Bernard, Clyne

View attachment 372159

Wow, massive win here. We had an immense start but they so nearly pulled it back. Lampard missed a penalty after Steele guessed the right way and Demba Ba missed a hat-full of chances. Big win.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Europa League

Metalist 1 - 1 Southampton

Hooper

Hmmm not sure how to judge this result, Ukrainian sides are always so tough to play against away from home so I'll take a draw.

Partizan 0 - 1 Southampton

Maupay

Another away game, another win. We dominated but struggled to break them down. Neal Maupay's goal being the difference.

Monthly Review

Ooosh a much better month. Finally strung some wins together including a massive win over Chelsea and some real solid performances. We've taken control on our Europa League group too and survived some tricky away ties. The board expect us to reach the second Knockout Round so finishing top to try and avoid a tough game in the next round.

The players have really stepped up and Bernard has seriously impressed. Maupay's hot streak has cooled off a tad but he's still chipping in. Jason Steele is looking more and more confident too between the sticks. Shame that Adam Lallana has picked up an injury and will be out for few weeks.

Player of the Month

Bernard

1032453-16629647-640-360.jpg

Forms really picked up and he's looking a real live wire chipping in with some key goals.

Tables

View attachment 372177View attachment 372178

Wow so up to second now!! How things can change. Still insanely tight in the league. In Europe another win should secure qualification.​

Doria and Zouma will be a great partnership for many years to come! October was a great month and hopefully you can keep building on it now and maybe even challenge for the title? Keep it up pal!

Doria and Zouma will be a great partnership for many years to come! October was a great month and hopefully you can keep building on it now and maybe even challenge for the title? Keep it up pal!
Yeah for sure, but Craig Dawson will take some displacing!! Don't think we'll challenge this year but certainly moving in the right direction :)

November 2013

southampton-saints-kids-wife-order-tshirt_design.jpg

Solid League form continues
Gary Hooper tears City a new one
Maupay up to second in BPL Top Scorer

League

Manchester City 2 - 2 Southampton

Hooper(2)

View attachment 372344

Before the game I would have taken this as City have been shocking this season but we really should have got 3 points, Gary Hooper destroyed them.

Southampton 2 - 2 Stoke City

Bernard, Hooper

View attachment 372346

Hooper nets again, and once again we draw 2-2. ****** Peter Crouch!!

Southampton 5 - 2 Swansea

Maupay(3), Vadillo, Hernandez

View attachment 372349

Ooooh Neal Maupay!! That lad is immense. Vadillo netted a delightful chip here for what I think is his first goal.

Reading 1 - 2 Southampton

James Ward-Prowse, Maupay

Woah, waaay too close for my liking. JWP nets his first club goal here and Neal Maupay scores again. After the break Reading were the better side but we held on!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Europa League

Southampton 3 - 0 Partizan

Hernandez(2), Bruma

Very straight forward win, good to see Abel Hernandez netting too!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So a very very good month. We seem to be slipping through the gears right now getting better and better!! All my strikers are incredibly reliable but I'm thinking of selling Abel Hernandez, he's behind Maupay and Hooper plus I really wanna try and develop one of the young strikers I have.

In terms of results we had a fantastic month scoring plenty of goals but I can't help but feel I need a top quality keeper to challenge for the title.

Elsewhere in the BPL Jose Mourinho was sacked by Chelsea and guess who was linked with the job....

View attachment 372373

Lippi got the job anyway.

Player of the Month

Gary Hooper

hooper_1515244a.jpg

The lads been a beast since joining scoring in some big games for us!! Really impressive stuff.

Tables

View attachment 372369View attachment 372370

Sitting really pretty!! Maybe a top four on the cards this season after missing out on goal difference last season!! In the Europa League we should finish top providing we don't **** it up!!​

December 2013

ejcvtj.jpg

Solid league form continues but slip up a few times this month
Progress in the Europa League
Maupay and Hooper so deadly together

League

Hull 2 - 3 Southampton

Lallana, Hernandez, Hooper

Pretty close here, Hull always seem to cause us a problem. But we walked away from the KC with the three points which is the main thing.

West Ham 2 - 5 Southampton

Clyne, Dawson, Hooper, Hernandez(2)

A superb win here nice to see goals coming from the back and front. Hernandez is on a bit of a hot streak as is Hooper!!

Liverpool 2 - 2 Southampton

Dawson, Bernard

View attachment 372608

Man that is some cheeeeeese. We go 2-0 up and cruising, Bernard scored from 54 yards and got goal of the month!! Then out of nowhere Liverpool score twice. Lucky rats.

Southampton 1 - 1 Tottenham

Hooper

View attachment 372613

Arghhhh one of those games. How can we miss the target so many times!!! Nearly lost if but Gary Hooper turns up in the 89th minute to grab us a well deserved point that should have been three.

Southampton 4 - 0 QPR

Maupay(2), Hooper(2)

Wheeeey Neal Maupay hasn't forgotten where the net is!! We tore them to shreds here, really impressed with Gary Hooper though.

West Brom 1 - 0 Southampton

Aaaand our good run ends. West Brom have been really poor this season so I'm disappointed to lose here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Europa League

Panathaniakos 1 - 3 Southampton

Bruma, Schneiderlin, Maupay

Just what we needed here a solid win. Metalist won too though so it goes to that game to see who will finish top of our group!!

Southampton 1 - 0 Metalist

Hooper

That boy Gary Hooper always comes up with the goods when needed!! He's done it again here to secure us top spot in our group.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So all in all a pretty good month even though we did lose to West Brom. We've managed to finish top in our group and put in two really good performances against Liverpool and Spurs which we really should have won. I honestly can't believe we threw that lead away against Liverpool but its just kinda typical. Also I'm shocked with the amount of times we missed the target against Spurs... that's just not good enough.

In other news I seem to have gathered a nickname once adopted by a certain ex Chelsea manager...

View attachment 372632

Also here's the Europa League draw, not too hard first round but was always going to get tough anyway:

View attachment 372633

Player of the Month

Craig Dawson

craig-dawson_2663337.jpg

Our rock at the back has been just that. Such a reliable player, outstanding consistency.

Tables

View attachment 372639View attachment 372640

So in the league its all looking good at a glance, but look closer and its crazy tight between the top 6 teams with no-one really pulling clear of the other.​