Sam91

Reaction score
Pochettino Resigns, Rookie Replaces

Mauricio_Pochettin_2459667b.jpg

Today Mauricio Pochettino announced his resignation from Southampton Football Club after reports of huge row with Chairman Nicola Cortese over Pochettino's failure to grasp the English language quick enough.

Cortese has been quick to install Chelsea youth coach Sam Birch as the new manager which has once again caused huge criticism from fans just like when Adkins was sacked, it'll be interesting to see how quickly the rookie manager settles in.

Squad

View attachment 369666View attachment 369667

So I'm using LFC Marshall's latest update which annoying doesn't include the Wanyama signing but that's fine. Weak area's are goalkeeper as Boruc and Davies are old and very average. Could do with a centre back to partner Lovren. Also a centre midfielder as we only have Schneiderlin and Cork who are good enough in my eyes. In the final third we're pretty set with Ramirez, Lallana and Rodriguez. Hopefully I can get the best out of Ramirez and Rodriquez after struggling in past Southampton saves. I do need a right winger though.

Key Players

Gaston Ramirez

View attachment 369673

Guys got real class but I have always struggled with his attitude in past saves. Hopefully I can get the best out of the lad this time around.

Adam Lallana

View attachment 369678

Tricky little left winger has always been immense for me before and I expect the same again. Club captain and great player.

Morgan Schneiderlin

View attachment 369679

Every team needs one, and here's ours. Morgan is a tough tackling midfielder who will be instrumental to any success we will have.

So thats it for the intro lads. Got a few players in mind who I want but whether or not we will get them is another thing. I've been handed £23m and I can probably get that up to around £30m from sales. Suggestions welcome and thank you :)

looking forward to this mate, and £23million is a fortune for southampton to spend!

Craig dawson and for central midfield leon britton just an amazing passer of the ball

Get Ake and Chalobah and to make it realistic try bring in Wanyama yourself and maybe a new striker as Lambert getting old and Rodriguez not gonna get 20-30 goals a year maybe Negredo or Benteke someone along them lines ohhh or Bony legend in your Vitesse save

Craig Dawson is a great shout cheers!!

Yeah, they're pretty safe financially!! Gonna make some solid young signings.
aslong as its not will hughes and Maupay or else i will implode.

How have you got 23m? I just started a Saints save and only had around 7m.

Get Ake and Chalobah and to make it realistic try bring in Wanyama yourself and maybe a new striker as Lambert getting old and Rodriguez not gonna get 20-30 goals a year maybe Negredo or Benteke someone along them lines ohhh or Bony legend in your Vitesse save
Not gonna sign Wanyama, cost too much and we have Schneiderlin. Lambert's probably got another year left in him, we'll have to see how much money I have left after getting a right winger, centre back and keeper. They're priority right now.

Never mind just read intro and see your using an update.

Not gonna sign Wanyama, cost too much and we have Schneiderlin. Lambert's probably got another year left in him, we'll have to see how much money I have left after getting a right winger, centre back and keeper. They're priority right now.

ok then Redmond or Ince would be good wingers and i can think of a good keeper called Asmir Begovic

Is the update's transfer kitty just made up?
What do you mean by ''made up''? I downloaded LFC's most recent update and I'm expected to finish in the top half. Southampton are a rich club and have forked out plenty of money in the last two season on players like Ramirez and Wanyama.

Is the update's transfer kitty just made up?
LfC Marshall has made it up but he bases it on players they are going to sign so in the new update Wanyama will be in their and they will have £12million less in the budget if he signs, he judges it on what clubs are looking like they are going to sign in the window,

Not attacking you, simply asking how they came up with the figure of 23m, But you have answered now, its based on transfers already made. thats all you needed to say:)

ty anyways:)

Good luck laddie - sure you will do well

CF: Abel Hernandez (yours for about 7m which is an absolute steal)

August 2012

saintssouthend.JPG

Make some big moves in the transfer window
Tough start in the league
Scrape past Hartlepool in the Capital One Cup

Transfers

View attachment 369784

So I spent a lot of money but brought in a lot of decent players thanks to some good suggestions from you guys. First signing was Neal Maupay who everyone seems to sign but why wouldn't you?!! His stats for a 16 year old are insane. I loaned in Nat Chalobah, great player and his versatility will be a huge help. Craig Dawson was signed for a small fee considering how tidy he looks. Bruma was snapped up after I lost out trying to sign Callum McMannaman. I then signed 2 keepers, one being old man Mark Schwarzer the other being young Jason Steele. Both will battle it out for that number 1 shirt, I obviously see Steele as our long term number 1 but Schwarzer can still mix it. Then on deadline day after selling Rickie Lambert after 2 shocking performances by him I signed Abel Hernandez for a tiny fee of just £5m!! I then finally found a decent right back in Igor Juliao as Clyne was the only one we had!! Here are the new boys:

Neal Maupay

View attachment 369786

Give it a couple of years and he'll be tearing the league up.

Nathaniel Chalobah

View attachment 369787

My best mate ;) love this guy. He'll mainly be playing at centre back.

Craig Dawson

View attachment 369789

Love the look of this guy, signed so cheap and I've seen him turned into a beast on previous saves.

Bruma

View attachment 369792

Really wanna develop him as he looks like he could be immense.

Mark Schwarzer

View attachment 369793

Better than Boruc and I didn't trust Steele considering he's still young.

Jason Steele

View attachment 369794

Young, English and bags of potential.

Abel Hernandez

View attachment 369795

Like my strikers to have pace and hes got plenty. Will improve a lot too.

Igor Juliao

View attachment 369796

Will battle it out with Clyne for that right back spot, happy to get this young lad on the cheap too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League

Southampton 0 - 1 Chelsea

We gave them a really good game and they had just 2 shots on target all game. Torres' goal was the difference here.

Tottenham 0 - 0 Southampton

Very happy to get point here, we were shocking but Schwarzer was immense inbetween the sticks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capital One Cup

Second Round

Southampton 1 - 0 Hartlepool

Mayuka

Wheey we finally score, I was hoping we could have racked up a cricket score here but we were once again disappointing in front of goal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So a really tough month in the league coming up against 2 big guns and its not going to easy up either as we have Liverpool and United next month!! I was really happy with my work in transfer market though (thanks for everyone's suggestions). Hopefully some of the young lads I've signed can flourish especially Bruma and Maupay.

Player of the Month

Craig Dawson

_61510091_craigdawsongetty.jpg

Lads been very good and settled well.

Table

View attachment 369804

Only 2 games in but we've already dropped many points, board expect me to finish in the top half though!!​