Oh no LFC has done fine with it, they are genuinely loaded in real life! Like insanely rich haha, they just (mostly) prefer to develop their own but £40m is easily within their reach
Really!? I knew they were pretty well off but had no idea just how rich!! To be fair the quality players they've sold (Walcott, Bale) I guess they must be pretty loaded!! Cheers man.

What skin do you use?
Literally posted what Skin I use on the previous page its called Alavanja Perfection, I'm not going to post what skin I use again people if anyone asks I'm just going to ignore it because it means you're not actually reading the story.

Doing well with Southampton!

Just wondering started managing Norway in my 5th season in my soaring with seagulls story and noticed you managed them in your Vitesse save. Just wondering apart from regens which players should I be looking out for and any suggestions on tactics?

January 2013

Southampton-fans-have-had-001.jpg

Horrible month in terms of results
Make some fantastic signings with the war chest I was handed
Play United 3 times this month

Transfers

View attachment 371043

So I did manage to sign Bernard but only after Gareth Bale turned me down to move to United sadly, only cost £25m so I would have saved £10m. Never mind though I've always wanted to sign Bernard but never got round to it so hopefully he doesn't disappoint. I also signed a brilliant looking CDM in Tachtsidis for a cool £8.25m. I then recruited a RW I've always wanted to try and develop in Alvaro Vadillo.

Leaving was just 2 young lads on loan and Jay Rod left on the last day on loan to Stoke.

Panagiotis Tachtsidis

View attachment 371050

Literally never noticed this guy before looks like an absolute animal and will battle it out with Schneiderlin for that BWM role. Look pretty awesome though.

Bernard

View attachment 371051

The £35m wonderkid is finally mine, really looking forward to seeing just how well he will play for me. Big hopes!!

Alvaro Vadillo

View attachment 371054

After being SO disappointed with Bruma so far this season I decided to sign Vadillo to add some competition for him, they'll both battle it out with Puncheon for that RW role.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League

Liverpool 1 - 0 Southampton

Disappointing result here as they score from a cheap peno.

Southampton 3 - 2 West Brom

Maupay, Hernandez, Mayuka

View attachment 371042

Not as tight as it looks but great to see my three strikers scoring a goal each. Mayuka loves a goal from the bench.

Manchester United 2 - 1 Southampton

Clyne

Argh. They went 2-0 up but we were superb after half-time, Vadillo chipped in a lovely ball for the overlapping Clyne to score his first goal but sadly we couldn't grab another.

Southampton 2 - 1 Cardiff

Maupay, Ramirez

View attachment 371056

Phew, way too tight for my liking against a side we should easily have swept away. Maupay netting again and Ramirez coming off the bench to net the winner with a great solo run.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capital One Cup

Semi Final 1st Leg

Manchester United 5 - 3 Southampton

Hernandez, Maupay(2)

View attachment 371057

Wow what a game I really don't know what to say. Shocking performances from both defences but Maupay had a great game!!

Semi Final 2nd Leg

Southampton 1 - 1 Manchester United
United win 6-4 on agg

Hernandez

Bit more tame and at one point I felt we could have maybe grabbed another and held on but they scored nearly straight after Hernandez netted for us. Never mind always next year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FA Cup

Third Round

Southampton 3 - 0 Burnley

Lallana, Maupay, Hernandez

A nice solid win, I fielded a strong side as I want to do well in the FA Cup this year.

Fourth Round

Huddersfield 1 - 1 Southampton

Maupay

Maupay nets again to save our skins, we were awful here and could have easily lost!! Must do better.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So not a great month considering we lost twice in the league and got knocked out of the Capital One Cup but we done pretty well getting to the semi's but it would have been nice to of won a trophy this year. The two league games we lost were, on paper, to be expected but they were very tight losses again.

In the FA Cup I was very pleased with the Burnley match, we were very ruthless but in the Huddersfield match we were so poor its unreal. Good at the back but dreadful in the final third.

Bernard has made a good start and will improve I'm sure, Vadillo and Tachtsidis have also done well settling into a new team. None of them are English or speak the language so will take time to settle but all are young and will develop well I'm sure. Tachtsidis is already immense as is Bernard anyway!!

Player of the Month

Neal Maupay

98a50.jpg

Can't really look past this lad after he banged in 6 goals this month. Having a superb year, better than I could have hoped!!

Table

View attachment 371061

Still 5th even after those losses. Can't see us being there at the end of the season but look how bad City are doing!! Unheard of on FM really.

Doing well with Southampton!

Just wondering started managing Norway in my 5th season in my soaring with seagulls story and noticed you managed them in your Vitesse save. Just wondering apart from regens which players should I be looking out for and any suggestions on tactics?
I was in charge for literally 7 days then I took the Holland Under 21's job!! Norway squad was awful, ageing loads and no good regens :/

February 2013

Championship-Southampton--001.jpg

Penalties separate us and Huddersfield in the FA Cup
Bunch of tight games in the league
Bruma makes return from injury with stunning performance against Wigan

League

Swansea 0 - 1 Southampton

Hernandez

Very tight game with Abel Hernandez's goal in the first half separating the two sides. Hernandez has been immense as has Maupay, it really makes a difference having two real goal-scoring strikers in the team.

Southampton 2 - 1 Norwich

Bernard, Chalobah

View attachment 371274

Wow, what a match. We went behind but Bernard's first goal for the club, whilst it was hardly a stunner, brought us back on level terms. It was incredibly close but I gambled pushing players forward and Nat Chalobah levelled just before the end to ****** the three points!!

Newcastle 1 - 2 Southampton

Cork, Maupay

Another close game, they had Anita sent off early on but we struggled to break them down. Just after half-time Jacky Cork netted after their defenders were too busy marking Bernard and Hernandez. Then a **** up at the back let them equalise. I subbed off Hernandez and chucked on Maupay and I was rewarded when he scored in the 77th minute. We held on yet again and scored another vital win in our bid for European football next season.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FA Cup

Fourth Round Replay

Southampton 2 - 2 Huddersfield

Soton win on pens

Lallana, Bernard

View attachment 371278

Another amazing game!!! We were down and out until a quick double from Lallana(who scored a follow up after Hernandez missed from the spot) and Bernard put us in pole position with 10 minutes left!! Then James Vaughan struck again just after to send it to extra time!! Nothing really happened and even though we missed our first penalty they missed their first two. We scored all the rest from then on and book ourselves a place in the next round against Wigan!!

Fifth Round

Wigan 1 - 3 Southampton

Maupay(2), Bruma

Young winger Bruma had a top game here netting and getting both assists for Maupay. Bit more straight forward after the Huddersfield game. Barnsley in the next round.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

A superb month even if nearly all the games were crazy tight!! The main thing is the three points/wins. I said it earlier but having two class, young, goal getting strikers makes a world of difference. Neal Maupay has already got 24 goals in all competitions this season which is amazing for a 16 year old!!

Bernard's performances have picked up a bit but I still expect more and I'm sure I'll get it. Vadillo and Bruma have done well on the right and Tachtsidis has already settled in nicely.

Player of the Month

Nathaniel Chalobah

_65988919_chalobah2.png

Another superb month from Mr Reliable. Would love to add him on a permanent basis but he'd cost a ton from Chelsea :/

Table

View attachment 371279

Wow, Spurs and Liverpool have really slipped off the pace!! It's all very tight but I'm very pleased to be competing fourth in our first year!!

Hey! I'm currently doing a Saints save as i'm a fan. Do you mind showing me your current tactic? That would be appreciated.

Nice stuff Sam keep it up mate
Cheers Lovano, I'm gonna jump in your stream later I think :)

Hey! I'm currently doing a Saints save as i'm a fan. Do you mind showing me your current tactic? That would be appreciated.
I use like 3 different tactic depending on what players I have available and the opposition, mainly the 4-2-3-1 though as it suit the players that Southampton have.

Cheers Lovano, I'm gonna jump in your stream later I think :)

I use like 3 different tactic depending on what players I have available and the opposition, mainly the 4-2-3-1 though as it suit the players that Southampton have.

Didn't you say that 4-2-4 was working very well?

Didn't you say that 4-2-4 was working very well?
Yeah but if you notice I was conceding a ton with it even if I was outscoring the opponent. Like I said though I've used 3 different tactics this season all of which have worked okay. Best thing to do is experiment, tinker and look for your opponents weakness' and go from there. I've never personally used someone else's tactic, part of the game is finding something that works for you personally as everyone signs different players, uses different shouts and opposition instructions.

Newcastle better not go down...........................

March 2013

Gareth%20Bale%20of%20Southampton%20in%202007-1719906.jpg

Youth Intake month!!
Disappointing month in the league as we fail to win a match
Progress in the FA Cup though

Youth Intake

View attachment 371334

So not too good really. None of them will make it, not even the 3 and a half star lad, his base stats aren't good enough sadly. Here's the screenie's of them anyway:

View attachment 371336View attachment 371337

Paxton's height is crazy mind!!

So after that disappointing youth intake I decided to go poaching :D here's two lads I managed to pick up, I tried to sign more but some chose to stay with their current clubs sadly including a really good RW from City.

Jamaica

View attachment 371339

A Brazilian called Jamaica.... nice. Looks good though!!

Warren Clitheroe

View attachment 371340

Looks like an alright keeper!! Schwarzer will be let go at the end of the season and this guy will be Steele's deputy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League

Arsenal 4 - 1 Southampton

Dawson

Ouchy, that hurt. We were awful, Wilshere dominated us!! Best to move on quickly...

Southampton 0 - 0 Fulham

Argh, more points dropped. A real bore draw here as we struggled to break them down.

Southampton 2 - 2 Everton

Maupay(2)

View attachment 371345

WHAT THE ****. Like seriously?? Really?? That just happened. **** this game sometimes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FA Cup

Sixth Round

Barnsley 1 - 2 Southampton

Bruma, Maupay

They had 2 disallowed goals here, we were so lucky. Spurs await in the semi's.

Monthly Review

Argh. Awful month. Even the win against Barnsley was lucky. I don't know what happened but we must press on, we face City first game next month but after that it's fairly straight forward games and we MUST pick up points or all our good work this season will become undone.

Abel Hernandez's form has massively slipped and I'm going to have a word with him, but luckily Maupay's form has been brilliant still and Bruma's form has picked up as well finally!!

Player of the Month

Bruma

171440862-e1373467363942.jpg

His form has finally improved which is good. Shame the same can't be said about the rest of the team!!

Table

View attachment 371351

We must pick up some wins next month with a loss probably going to come against City the rest of the seasons fixtures must be positive.

March 2013

Gareth%20Bale%20of%20Southampton%20in%202007-1719906.jpg

Youth Intake month!!
Disappointing month in the league as we fail to win a match
Progress in the FA Cup though

Youth Intake

View attachment 371334

So not too good really. None of them will make it, not even the 3 and a half star lad, his base stats aren't good enough sadly. Here's the screenie's of them anyway:

View attachment 371336View attachment 371337

Paxton's height is crazy mind!!

So after that disappointing youth intake I decided to go poaching :D here's two lads I managed to pick up, I tried to sign more but some chose to stay with their current clubs sadly including a really good RW from City.

Jamaica

View attachment 371339

A Brazilian called Jamaica.... nice. Looks good though!!

Warren Clitheroe

View attachment 371340

Looks like an alright keeper!! Schwarzer will be let go at the end of the season and this guy will be Steele's deputy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League

Arsenal 4 - 1 Southampton

Dawson

Ouchy, that hurt. We were awful, Wilshere dominated us!! Best to move on quickly...

Southampton 0 - 0 Fulham

Argh, more points dropped. A real bore draw here as we struggled to break them down.

Southampton 2 - 2 Everton

Maupay(2)

View attachment 371345

WHAT THE ****. Like seriously?? Really?? That just happened. **** this game sometimes.

FA Cup

Sixth Round

Barnsley 1 - 2 Southampton

Bruma, Maupay

They had 2 disallowed goals here, we were so lucky. Spurs await in the semi's.

Monthly Review

Argh. Awful month. Even the win against Barnsley was lucky. I don't know what happened but we must press on, we face City first game next month but after that it's fairly straight forward games and we MUST pick up points or all our good work this season will become undone.

Abel Hernandez's form has massively slipped and I'm going to have a word with him, but luckily Maupay's form has been brilliant still and Bruma's form has picked up as well finally!!

Player of the Month

Bruma

171440862-e1373467363942.jpg

His form has finally improved which is good. Shame the same can't be said about the rest of the team!!

Table

View attachment 371351

We must pick up some wins next month with a loss probably going to come against City the rest of the seasons fixtures must be positive.

Jamaica looks decent :p Nice stuff man.

You missed my stream now but come watch Klippy stream:) Whats your steam name ?

Jamaica looks decent :p Nice stuff man.

You missed my stream now but come watch Klippy stream:) Whats your steam name ?
Ahh sorry man, was watching a film. I'll come check Klippys in a bit. Steam name is Sam91 I think, check through Klippys friend list I'm on there.

April 2013

St-Marys-1888-89.jpg

Thriller versus Villa
More heartbreak against Spurs in the FA Cup
Sixth place secured with win over Stoke

League

Southampton 0 - 0 Manchester City

What a result, we rode our luck but sometimes that's how it goes, they didn't take their chances something that's cost City this season I guess.

Aston Villa 2 - 2 Southampton

Bernard, Maupay

View attachment 371386

What a thrilling game, we fought like dogs for this result and we deserved at least a point. Bernard netting another goal and Maupay continues his stunning season.

Crystal Palace 1 - 3 Southampton

Maupay, Bernard, Hernandez

Finally Hernandez breaks his horrible run of 10 hours without a goal. This win sent Palace back to the Championship.

Southampton 2 - 0 Stoke

Hernandez, Lallana

Big game this, if we'd have lost then Stoke would have had a chance to catch us but now its impossible. European football will be played at St Mary's next season.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FA Cup

Semi Final

Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 0 Southampton
AET

View attachment 371389

*sigh* what can I say. We battled, we played well but I have to admit Spurs deserved it. They were the better side but we came close. Hoping Chelsea smash them in the Final now.

Monthly Review

So a pretty good month snatching a draw against City and that thriller at Villa!! Shame about the FA Cup but the main thing is that we've secured a top 6 finish. So we will be in the Europa League next year, believe we enter in the Final Qualifying Round. Hoping it will be kind!! Just three games left of the season now in which we play Hull, West Ham and Sunderland.

Bernard's form has picked up this month and he's now adding goals to his game which is promising. Got big hopes for the lad!! Ramirez got injured near the start of the month and is basically out for the rest of the season :/ so I'm back the 4-2-4 which picks off sides nicely at home but always leaks goals which is annoying.

Player of the Month

Bernard

bernard.jpg

Good performances this month, comes with a big price tag so I really really want him to do well.

Table

View attachment 371394

Impossible to be caught now... BUT we can still finish in the Top 4 which would mean Champions League!!!​

Gylfi Sigurdsson doing the dirty on ya. Well done on securing 6th spot now push on for CL football :O

Gylfi Sigurdsson doing the dirty on ya. Well done on securing 6th spot now push on for CL football :O
Cheers man, finished the season last night so will post in a bit!! It was insanely tight at the end!!!

Cheers man, finished the season last night so will post in a bit!! It was insanely tight at the end!!!

Please oh please tell me that Sunderland went down lol.

Looking forward for your update...........

May 2013 and End of Season Awards

_64373305_southampton_getty.jpg

We keep to our end of the deal, but how did Liverpool and Spurs get on?
Finish the season without Maupay, JWP and Vadillo who all went on International Duty!!
Very impressive first season :)

Right so after the last update we were 2 points off fourth I believe and needed Liverpool and Spurs to slip up!!! Lets dive straight in and see how we did!!

League

Hull 0 - 2 Southampton

Maupay, Lovren

A very straight forward win for us here with Maupay and Lovren, who's been injured nearly the whole season, netting the goals. Best thing was Villa held Liverpool to a draw!!! We're fifth, level points with them now as City held Spurs to a 1-1 draw!!

Southampton 3 - 0 West Ham

Maupay, Tomkins OG, Cork

Another solid win here as Maupay nets once again!! Jacky Cork came off the bench and scored a brilliant goal after Tomkin's scored an own goal from a corner of ours. Liverpool sadly beat City on the same day though :/. Spurs beat Palace 4-0 the day before.

Southampton 3 - 0 Sunderland

Westwood OG, Bernard, Mayuka

Again we remained very disciplined here and did what we needed to do. A strange own goal in the first half gave us the lead. Then Bernard netted a penalty in the second half before Mayuka came off the bench once more to score late on.

BUT. Liverpool won :( 3-1 away to Palace, Spurs drew away to Stoke on the final day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final League Table and Player Stats

View attachment 371504View attachment 371505

So there we have it lads, fifth. Very decent I'd say but to come so close to fourth I can't help but feel a tad annoyed. Just the way I am I guess!! Palace finished rock bottom on just 21 points with only 4 wins all year!! Shocking. Perhaps even more shocking though has the be Man City who finished seventh!! United romped to the title with Chelsea finishing very strongly with some very high scores, the Blues also won the FA Cup whilst Spurs won the League Cup.

Onto the Player Stats and Craig Dawson had a stunning year at the back for us, what a bargain he was. Jason Steele picked up an impressive 11 clean sheets from 24 games for us. Lallana racked up 11 assists but look at Eden Hazard with 22!! Amazing. Neal Maupay managed 19 goals in the league which is outstanding for a 16 year old, Giroud the FM rape king scored 25.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Squad

View attachment 371506View attachment 371507

So as I said Craig Dawson had a stunning year, so did Maupay who's done better than I ever could have hoped netting 31 goals this season from just 35 starts. Dejan Lovren played well when he wasn't injured, but still may be sold as I can't be paying the lad that wage to have his legs rubbed by the physio all season. Nat Chalobah was also incredible, I would love to add him on a permanent basis but Chelsea would command some serious cash for the lad. At the other end I'm really disappointed with Bruma and Vadillo, but they're young and came from Spain and Portugal so will take time to settle there's no doubting they will come good. Mayuka may have just 6.89 average rating but scored some key goals off the bench.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Awards

So none of the lads were involved in any of the awards. None. Not even nominated. Ridiculous I know, Maupay nets 31 goals but nothing. I came runner up in Manager of the Year though:

View attachment 371509

Managers Player of the Season

Craig Dawson

View attachment 371510

What a signing he's been. A mainstay at the back for us this season and a true rock. Signed for a bargain £4.7m West Brom must be kicking themselves letting him go.

Managers Young Player of the Season

Neal Maupay

View attachment 371511

Well what can I say about the lad, 31 goals in 45 games/35 starts. What more can you ask for? The guys a beast and I can't wait to see how he's going to turn out when he's older.

that bettinelli could be decent if you stick him on solid winger training for a few years