*****SURE*****SHORT******SUCESS****** FORMULA******JASSAR

So many tactics out there to help weak teams overachieve by exploiting the AI's offensive behavior through counterattacks. And then in season 2 when your team is re-evaluated as a favorite and the AI stops trying to dominate you, leaving itself exposed, the tactic stops working.

What would be a LOT more interesting for once, would be a tactic that truly dominates opponents even though they're parking the bus and trying to counter you all day long. Most ppl (who haven't tried it) think that it's all easy to fulfill the board and fan expectations as Barca or Real. Couldn't be further from the truth.

So, Jassar, got any recommendation for big club management? Reckon this one works better or worse than Goals & Glory? And generally, how about trying to make a tactic set tailored for big teams for a change? Could prove a pretty tough challenge.

So many tactics out there to help weak teams overachieve by exploiting the AI's offensive behavior through counterattacks. And then in season 2 when your team is re-evaluated as a favorite and the AI stops trying to dominate you, leaving itself exposed, the tactic stops working.

What would be a LOT more interesting for once, would be a tactic that truly dominates opponents even though they're parking the bus and trying to counter you all day long. Most ppl (who haven't tried it) think that it's all easy to fulfill the board and fan expectations as Barca or Real. Couldn't be further from the truth.

So, Jassar, got any recommendation for big club management? Reckon this one works better or worse than Goals & Glory? And generally, how about trying to make a tactic set tailored for big teams for a change? Could prove a pretty tough challenge.
i will say that if a tactic works better for a weaker team it is sure 100% to work for a big club and this set of tactics are better than the past tactics of mine as these are according to up to date (13.3.3)

I've run big clubs since FM 2011. The real answer is that there is no perfect tactic, but there is the right tactic for each situation. Examine your scouting reports on the opposing team. For example if you know your opponent plays 442 90% of the time, the best formations to exploit their defense should use an AMC, like the classic and deadly 4-2-3-1. This is especially effective at home to use an attacking formation like the 4231. But let's say you are on the road, now the shoe is reversed. Go for counter based or defensive formations, and just try to survive the FIRST HALF. Now if you get to the second half, and you are even or only 1 goal behind you want to get more aggressive to get the lead or get the equalizer. For example you are down 1 goal against Man City. Second half begins. go aggressive and get the equalizer. If you are content with draw, then switch to defensive mentality to maintain the draw. 1 point against Man City is better than 0! I don't even worry about teams that 'park the bus'. It doesn't matter if they play with 8 in the box and only 2 strikers. This means that their offensive capability is VERY limited. Break them apart with controlled attacking and skilled, world class players. Numbers mean nothing against a coordinated attack and FLUID comprehension of the tactic being used. If they pack the middle, attack on the wings. If they throw a typical 4 row defense, split it apart with the AMC. You get the picture. Be willing to adapt and switch tactics and mentalities when necessary. Be willing to switch personnel as well and observe what's working and what's not then make changes accordingly. And last but not least, don't neglect your SET PIECES. They are crucial to winning close games. I always train my team on set pieces.

Hi Jassar.

Can you tell a little bit more about what tactic you use in different situations?

For example if your are playing as Spurs and going up against on of the top 4 teams at home. How would you start the game and when would you shift tactics. Or the same if it were an away game.

What about when you meet teams ranking lower than you for example Swansea, both home and away. What would be your starting tactic and how would you change it during the game?

Thanks for a really good tactic that have gotten me promotion with Las Palmas and a 8th place in the league in the second season.

If I am playing spurs . I will start every game with home version as I am not that I favourite in all the matches . I have a good team . Than once if I am winning than I might change to away tactics or if I am loosing than to all out .
if I am playing to weaker teams than always I at with home version

Last edited:
Than once if I am winning than I might change to away tactics or if I am loosing than to all out defense .

Thanks for the answer.

Just to be sure. You say here that if you are losing you shift to defence? Or all out? example i am behind 0-2 against Man U. at Halftime

Thanks for the answer.

Just to be sure. You say here that if you are losing you shift to defence? Or all out? example i am behind 0-2 against Man U. at Halftime
sorry i meant to say i switch to all out if i am loosing

Also against the top 4 in a away game?
yes if u are totthenam
but is u are club like aston villa or any club who have prediction of below 10 place in league than start with defend tactics . draw away is better than a loss

Used Defend(whole season) tactic with Arouca(prediction16) and at the end of season i finished 3rd with no signing.
very best tactic!!!

First match of the season. Manchester Derby. I am Man United playing at the Etihad Stadium for the first match of the season. As you know, usually first match of the season, the tactic is not completely fluid. But still end up winning 1-0. Started with normalV2 and switch to defence after taking the lead. Well done Jassar. Total, I have played 8 pre-season friendly and 2 PL match. 10 games played but only 1 goal conceded. Lots of praise for Jassar for this wonderful tactic. Currently in need a center back and a left attacking midfielder, would be great if there's some suggestion hehe ^-^*~

First match of the season. Manchester Derby. I am Man United playing at the Etihad Stadium for the first match of the season. As you know, usually first match of the season, the tactic is not completely fluid. But still end up winning 1-0. Started with normalV2 and switch to defence after taking the lead. Well done Jassar. Total, I have played 8 pre-season friendly and 2 PL match. 10 games played but only 1 goal conceded. Lots of praise for Jassar for this wonderful tactic. Currently in need a center back and a left attacking midfielder, would be great if there's some suggestion hehe ^-^*~

go for shawcross , caulker best defenders i have played in fm 13

for winder left----------go for sterling or griezman ( real soc.)

I decide to use this with West Ham folowing all of jassar's instructions in the OP, including OIs ( either done by myself or my AM).

View attachment 465163 View attachment 465162 View attachment 465161
Pretty good. Then i've noticed that OI's are kind of "useless" when an AM , no matter how great he is is going to tell you that you should close down Messi or any other dribbler that is going to take out 2 or 3 of your players atany given moment!
So i started another save with Norwich using no OIs whatsoever! You do have to micromanage" press conf. , praise or discipline, rotate the tactics within a match to suit the given situation, training, etc. But no OI's.
It's not invincible, but this happened:

View attachment 465160 View attachment 465159 View attachment 465158

As you can see i've only signed 4 players: Creswell, Murphy( free), Henley and whelan as a backup. I really like how the combo works like a phylosophy that you implement over time rather than a classic plug an play win-it-all!. You do lose here and there depending on injuries, WHAT YOU SAY in the press etc. I've used the defend tactic in almost every away match and it worked a treat except for when i praised Snodgrass alot for example and in the MUFC game he handed the ball to the opposition resulting in an 1-0 win for them. The Stoke game, at home, we got hammered because of complacency and so on, you get the picture...
My conclusion: works alot better without OI's. Awesome set, Jassar. Thanks!

Last edited:
I decide to use this with West Ham folowing all of jassar's instructions in the OP, including OIs ( either done by myself or my AM).

View attachment 394670 View attachment 394673 View attachment 394675
Pretty good. Then i've noticed that OI's are kind of "useless" when an AM , no matter how great he is is going to tell you that you should close down Messi or any other dribbler that is going to take out 2 or 3 of your players atany given moment!
So i started another save with Norwich using no OIs whatsoever! You do have to micromanage" press conf. , praise or discipline, rotate the tactics within a match to suit the given situation, training, etc. But no OI's.
It's not invincible, but this happened:

View attachment 394676 View attachment 394679 View attachment 394680

As you can see i've only signed 4 players: Creswell, Murphy( free), Henley and whelan as a backup. I really like how the combo works like a phylosophy that you implement over time rather than a classic plug an play win-it-all!. You do lose here and there depending on injuries, WHAT YOU SAY in the press etc. I've used the defend tactic in almost every away match and it worked a treat except for when i praised Snodgrass alot for example and in the MUFC game he handed the ball to the opposition resulting in an 1-0 win for them. The Stoke game, at home, we got hammered because of complacency and so on, you get the picture...
My conclusion: works alot better without OI's. Awesome set, Jassar. Thanks!
Yes u are right !!! For some people the OI works and some don't like it . For me it is important as it keeps the morale of the team high.

@jassar
Having to much yellow cards followed by red cards.Using the defend tactic whit Malaga.
Any suggestion?

@jassar
Having to much yellow cards followed by red cards.Using the defend tactic whit Malaga.
Any suggestion?
Give warning to player and than if same player does again fine him . Other than that there is no solution as hard tackling is part of tactics

Hi Jassar...great work with this thread....brilliant stuff.

I am little confused with the player filters though. You've got different stats for the same position....e.g. you have a DL filter with 4 basic stats and then a DR with 7 stats. Are the ones with more stats for the home tactic and lesser stats for away tactic?

Or should we just use stats based on position so DM for the defence formation for example and box to box for the home based tactic?

Hi Jassar...great work with this thread....brilliant stuff.

I am little confused with the player filters though. You've got different stats for the same position....e.g. you have a DL filter with 4 basic stats and then a DR with 7 stats. Are the ones with more stats for the home tactic and lesser stats for away tactic?

Or should we just use stats based on position so DM for the defence formation for example and box to box for the home based tactic?
it dosnt matter how many stats are there .just see those stats. Some positions need more stats to find a accurate players that we want for this tactics . Others just find those players in lesser stats