Swansea Treble First Season (Sumthin's 4-2-3-1)

Nice Tactic, tried it with Leicester only signed 3 players on free transfer, won the championship easily and lost in final of league cup, Nugent scored 71 in 51 games.

Hi folks.

Akash asked me to upload some screenies as I am trying out a BETA version of the new tactics with some of his tweaks and I agreed so here goes...

Results (ignore my **** typo):
GLAaF.png

League Table:
lVbn6.png

I'll give you some background on my Guarany side. We have newly been promoted (Paranaense & Botafogo are newly relegated from top division). So my squad is one of the poorest on the league, predicted to finish 19th. We also have one of if not the lowest reputation in the league. We are absolutely skint as well (£1m in the red) so I haven't had the biggest budget to play with as far as wages are concerned and no transfer budget, certainly A LOT less than other teams have.

So, as you can see, the matches that we lost could have been very diferrent resuts if I had remembered to tweak my AMC to combat the oppositions DM's. Like in the Botafogo game when I remembered to tweak and we beat them. As you can see they are top of the league so it was a brilliant result.

The Paranaense game was unlucky as we led 2-1 before conceding from 2 corners. That was before the new defensive corner routine was added. We were unlucky not to beat Ponte Preta and I forgot to add the tweak to counter the DMC of Avaí, Náutico and Fortaleza.

To be 4th in the league is brilliant for us although it's relatively early in the season. Had I remembered the DM tweaks we may even have been 1st or 2nd.

Would be happy to test the new version for you, Akash!
Send it to me and I will give you feedback for a whole season tomorrow :)

Would also be happy to test this promising tactic. Will give you thorough feedback!

Last edited:
this tactic worked in championship at southampton won the league scoring 116 goals
but then took over at spurs and am losing away games by 5 goals? how do you do the player interaction (re passing )bit?

great tactic in attack, in counter attack. Rodallega scores 44 goals in the season!! My Wigan finished 7 in premier league. Best players are attacker and left winger. But defending is very poor. I have lost 70 goals. Central defenders has problems. Caldwell and Alcazar has 4-5 times red cards.

I recently started a new Liverpool save and decided to use this tactic but I am having HUGE defensive and discipline problems, in 9 competitive matches ive conceded 14 goals and had 4 red cards :( Not sure what to do, I can clearly see this tactic has potential ive played some great football, but all the red cards and the terrible goalkeeping performances are killing me. Only 1 clean sheet for Reina, and 2 red cards for Lucas. Also giving away a HUGE amount of penalties to the opposition...

Hello akash777

I am enjoying your tactic "latest version" and I have also made the last changes, regarding DM, AMC, etc. and it is working very vell. It is the best tactic i have used.
I am also waiting for your newest version.
But as I say, I'm playing your latest version. I only have one problem. I have slmost every time more CCC than my opponents, BUT very often they have the most possesion 50-60 %, why is that?
any answer for taht? because I like possesion football. But with this tactic I'm still winning, but less possesion.

Thanks Fusse

Hello akash777 or anyone

I am enjoying your tactic "latest version" and I have also made the last changes, regarding DM, AMC, etc. and it is working very vell. It is the best tactic i have used.
But as I say, I'm playing your latest version. I only have one problem. I have almost every time more CCC than my opponents, BUT very often they have the most possesion 50-60 %, why is that?
any answer for that? because I like possesion football. But with this tactic I'm still winning, but less possesion.

Hit a brick wall, won the championship no problem i bring in 5 new players all very good and i havent won a game yet in the EPL 6 games in :( all 3-0 sort of scorelines :(

Hello everyone
(Specially to Akash777, Sumthin, MrHough, TheBetterHalf)
and everyone can answer:)
I'm very cofused!!
You are talking about 4231 tactic, 41221 tactic, Sumthins tweak of MrHough, Akash777 tweak of Sumthins, mrHough tweak of whoever and so on.
Then there is one with defence tweaks, one with corner tweaks etc.
Sumthin is the person as akash777 or is it TbeBetteHalf who is the same as MrHough.....
some are uploaded as the same tactic but with different names.
SO when I am reading all the thread's here (very good informing and learning - for me -and very interesting) then I am confused.
I'm playing one called Swansea trebble first season and it is going very well, so that is not the problem. I just want the best one.
So my questions are
Which one is the best? for any team?
Which one is the newest version?
Which one has more possession?
Which one has more CCC?

Please help - thanks - and please make a link in here

For the above
sorry my english in spelling is not that good, but I hope you understand anyway

this tactic worked in championship at southampton won the league scoring 116 goals
but then took over at spurs and am losing away games by 5 goals? how do you do the player interaction (re passing )bit?

I get the problems you are getting but I don't understand your question.
It is quite weird that you are losing with Spurs.
Can you tell me who you are playing and in which position?

great tactic in attack, in counter attack. Rodallega scores 44 goals in the season!! My Wigan finished 7 in premier league. Best players are attacker and left winger. But defending is very poor. I have lost 70 goals. Central defenders has problems. Caldwell and Alcazar has 4-5 times red cards.

New version aims to fix that.At the moment try this,on the opposition instructions screen,put opposition attackers,that is wingers,amcs and strikers on normal tackling.Should solve your problems.And new tactic aims to sort out the defence.I still can't get a good defensive corner routine and hence the problems uploading as I am otherwise getting great results.

Hello akash777 or anyone

But as I say, I'm playing your latest version. I only have one problem. I have almost every time more CCC than my opponents, BUT very often they have the most possesion 50-60 %, why is that?
any answer for that? because I like possesion football. But with this tactic I'm still winning, but less possesion.

Tactic is a counterattacking tactic and hence doesn't aim to keep possession.Rather its aim is to let opposition enjoy possession in midfield and frustrate them and take a long shot or mistime a pass or just rob them off possession and then launch a quick attack to catch them out when they are short in numbers.

Hello everyone
(Specially to Akash777, Sumthin, MrHough, TheBetterHalf)
and everyone can answer:)
I'm very cofused!!
You are talking about 4231 tactic, 41221 tactic, Sumthins tweak of MrHough, Akash777 tweak of Sumthins, mrHough tweak of whoever and so on.
Then there is one with defence tweaks, one with corner tweaks etc.
Sumthin is the person as akash777 or is it TbeBetteHalf who is the same as MrHough.....
some are uploaded as the same tactic but with different names.
SO when I am reading all the thread's here (very good informing and learning - for me -and very interesting) then I am confused.
I'm playing one called Swansea trebble first season and it is going very well, so that is not the problem. I just want the best one.
So my questions are
Which one is the best? for any team?
Which one is the newest version?
Which one has more possession?
Which one has more CCC?

Please help - thanks - and please make a link in here

akash777 and sumthin are both the same person.
TheBetterHalf is someone else who is using this a base to create other tactics for different types of teams.
Mr.Hough is also someone else whose tactic v1 was based on initially,but the versions available now are different.

TheBetterHalf has I think specifically tailored formations for different formations.I haven't played with them so no idea about them,but knowing him and how great a tactic creator he is,they should be good.
Mine is a plug and play,it works on Swansea and Granada in the first season,so should work on any team.
Only requirement is the attackers and wingers to be quick or to be very creative if they are a bit slow.
Right now the newest version available to people is the one,available on the Opening Page.
A new version has been scheduled to be released for quite a while,but my lack of playing time and the fact that I can't sort out the goals conceded from Corners and indirect free kicks,I have not released yet.
All my tactics have a lot of CCC and half chances.(In my eyes,half chances result in as many as if not more goals then CCC)
My new version,the one I am using now is reporting back a lot of possession,but I am not sure if thats because of my teams getting used to how it plays or players improving over time,I don't know.
Hope I have cleared all your queries.

Nice Tactic, tried it with Leicester only signed 3 players on free transfer, won the championship easily and lost in final of league cup, Nugent scored 71 in 51 games.

Great results mate.New defensive version is on the way but I see you had a good defence,how did you do so well?Any changes or any OIs you used?Or did you have good physical defenders?

Hi folks.

Akash asked me to upload some screenies as I am trying out a BETA version of the new tactics with some of his tweaks and I agreed so here goes...

Upload latest screens mate?And I think the performances with a poor team show that it works.I am looking forward to your feedback on the corner regimes and the latest tweaks.Cheers.

I recently started a new Liverpool save and decided to use this tactic but I am having HUGE defensive and discipline problems, in 9 competitive matches ive conceded 14 goals and had 4 red cards :( Not sure what to do, I can clearly see this tactic has potential ive played some great football, but all the red cards and the terrible goalkeeping performances are killing me. Only 1 clean sheet for Reina, and 2 red cards for Lucas. Also giving away a HUGE amount of penalties to the opposition...

Yes you are not the only one complaining.I have suggested a tweak for this,for you I would recommend also putting opposition CMs and DMs on normal tackling from OI.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT NORMAL TACTIC ON PLAYERS FROM THE TACTICS SCREEN as tactic won't work properly.

Last edited:
Hey Akash,

I am playin 12.04 and I tried all famous tactics out there. But it was a real torture for me. Then I tried your tactic and it was like a dream for me. Not leaking many goals but scoring many many goals. (Isn't it the purpose of all tactics?)

My game looks like:

1st season => Tactic: Zero sea, goal galore, il devasto is back (tried all 3) => PRM: 9th / LC: Qtr Final / FA Cup: Semi Final

2nd season => Tactic: Half season il devasto is back Half season JP's Germany => PRM: 3rd / LC: Win / FA Cup: 3rd Round

3nd season => Tactic: Half season JP's Germany Half season yours => PRM: 5th / LC: 4th Round / FA Cup: Win / Euro Cup: Win

4th season => Tactic: yours => PRM 1st / LC: Qtr Final / FA Cup: Win / Euro Cup: 1st Knockout

5th season => Tactic: yours => PRM: 1st LC: Win FA:6th Round Champions Cup:Win

Your tactic made my team fly for last 2,5 seasons and I would like to thank you.

I didnt tweak anything, picked up players you advice and trained preffered moves as you say

Here are some screenshots of the last "dream" season:

30vycs3.jpg

wsvi2x.jpg

ju7fw2.jpg

s3h7kh.jpg

195jqa.jpg

2pr8e4p.jpg

15yx3c8.jpg

As a conclusion, thank you mate!

Hej

Akash777
Thank you for your answers, that clear alot for me.
Thank you

Still having some defensive problems. I score alot, but I concede much too. I'm playing Groningen in Holland and I'm currently in 8th place. My team consists of players like Kara, Prestia, Geis, Erick Torres, Fierro, Facunda so I should really be able to compete at the top. I've tried the straight up "Latest Version" in the OP. Is this the one you consider most stable? Also, I'm wondering about those Important Tips in the OP. Should I use them all? If that is the case, why aren't the tweaks just already incorporated into the downloadable tactic? Or is it more just something to do if things aren't working out too well?

I really like your OP though, its full of information and your team talk guide is nice. I just want the tactic to perform a little bit better in the back and just turn all those 4-4 draws into wins ;) Any ideas?

Still having some defensive problems. I score alot, but I concede much too. I'm playing Groningen in Holland and I'm currently in 8th place. My team consists of players like Kara, Prestia, Geis, Erick Torres, Fierro, Facunda so I should really be able to compete at the top. I've tried the straight up "Latest Version" in the OP. Is this the one you consider most stable? Also, I'm wondering about those Important Tips in the OP. Should I use them all? If that is the case, why aren't the tweaks just already incorporated into the downloadable tactic? Or is it more just something to do if things aren't working out too well?

I really like your OP though, its full of information and your team talk guide is nice. I just want the tactic to perform a little bit better in the back and just turn all those 4-4 draws into wins ;) Any ideas?

Well,the tweaks came into effect after the tactic was released a new version was never released after that as I started working on a more defensively blessed variant.
The tweaks have to be made on the latest version.
I suggest you also look at the fact of whether you are conceding too many from corners and indirect free kicks,in which case,I would ask you to change that to any setting that was previously working for you.
And in any case,the new version is ready and shall most probs be uploaded tonight.
Though it has 3 variants now to combat all kinds off formations.
Just doing a bit of last minute testing.
Im using OI's now,so you could try them in the previous version till this version comes out--->they are mentioned in my post above.
And Im sorry for the delay in posting the tactic as I really haven't gotten time to play recently.

Allright. Yes I did change some defensive set pieces. Don't really concede much from them anymore. I tend to concede most from shots from the corner of the box or just pure bypassing of my defenders :p

I'm at work now, but I will apply all tweaks when I get home and give it a go. Anyway, looking forward to your new release if you feel it's a more stable tactic. The football played in this one is great, now I just need the results ;)