Tactic Set for all teams - Great results - Patch 9.3

I'm playng with a friend on LAN (direct ip/ Network) i'm Olympique Marseille and i've used 4-4-2 semitarget man tactics. I won the title in the first season (i;ve beat lyon 2 times). The prezent season isn t working that good and i think to change into other formula 4-2-3-1 or maybe 4-1-2-2-1!
What do you think??? this formations suits for Marseille.

I'm playng with a friend on LAN (direct ip/ Network) i'm Olympique Marseille and i've used 4-4-2 semitarget man tactics. I won the title in the first season (i;ve beat lyon 2 times). The prezent season isn t working that good and i think to change into other formula 4-2-3-1 or maybe 4-1-2-2-1!
What do you think??? this formations suits for Marseille.

The fact that you struggle in the second season is probably down to several non-tactical things but I would still change to 442 NO TM or the 442 Top notch if playing a 442 or the 4231 NO TM if wanting tio play with a lone FC and wingforwards.

The reason you are struggling are probably due to the fact that yor players started the season showing complacency being champions. Combined with the fact that your opponents are playing more attacking against your early in the season makes you very easy to hit on the counter( compared to in the last 10 matches last season when the AI probably played very cautious and passive against you, they now play cautious but aggressiv) Put some of the stars showing complacency on the becnsh for a few matches and tell them that you expect a performance when they play next time.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

wot tactic would work best with this team?

I think you could benefit from using the 4231 NO TM, probably only needing to use the higher versions, 1-5, as starting tactics( as 5.Balanced have counter attack ticked).

Just remember to always have at least 5 playesr on the field that can handle the defensive role( Positioning, marking, tackling), preferably the Dcs, Fbs and one MC. cant see this being a problem in Chelsea though :D

Last edited:
Awesome work, it makes me realize that FM isn't about one or two super tactics...

what tactic should i use against a team who uses a defensive formation but counter-attacks?
btw im QPR

TheBetterHalf, what tactic that suit to my City teams and I like to launch counter attack while my defense and MC tight marking? Also can you give me some tips how to cutting the opponents attack by using our MC? Cheers..

what tactic should i use against a team who uses a defensive formation but counter-attacks?
btw im QPR

I would use of of the controlling tactics, i.e 2.Control or 4.Attack away. Sometimes you can use 3Attack home and 1.Overload as well but it depends on how high the Ai have their closing down settings( the lower= the more passive=the higher version we can play)

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

TheBetterHalf, what tactic that suit to my City teams and I like to launch counter attack while my defense and MC tight marking? Also can you give me some tips how to cutting the opponents attack by using our MC? Cheers..

Many users have reported great results using the 4231 NO TM. In this set its of great importance that one uses defensive or box-to-box DMC/MC´s and that the Fullbacks are complete.

If you want to pack the mifield then I would suggest the 4411 instead as you have a better chance using the 3 central players as a "tweaking weapon". You could probably go with 5.balanced in all matches and use man-marking in midfield, and adjust the d-line and its closing down settings to close out the gap bewteen our D-line and Midfield.

Ok..I will try. By looking my team, any ideas which tactic is suit?

I think that you have a geat squad for playing any formation but I would probably use the 442 NO TM or if you want, why not test out my new 442 that I use at the moment. Just tell me and I will upload it for you( its really just a tweak of the 442 NO TM, but I consider it to be better)

I think that you have a geat squad for playing any formation but I would probably use the 442 NO TM or if you want, why not test out my new 442 that I use at the moment. Just tell me and I will upload it for you( its really just a tweak of the 442 NO TM, but I consider it to be better)

Man..please upload to me your 442 tactic. I want to use two strikers. :D

Man..please upload to me your 442 tactic. I want to use two strikers. :D

Will do so later tonight. Its a set of 7 versions and I will include the 4411 as well since it can be good to pack the midfield in some games( the FCR, free role player, becomes the AMC)

ok umm.. i managed to ascend with QPR.. using flat 442 NO TM.. went pretty good, used it last half of the season and ended up 2nd.. now at premier i had an extremly bad start, got around 1 point out of 4 matches.. im still using flat 442, should i change to another tactic or is it normal to have these starts after ascending?

ok umm.. i managed to ascend with QPR.. using flat 442 NO TM.. went pretty good, used it last half of the season and ended up 2nd.. now at premier i had an extremly bad start, got around 1 point out of 4 matches.. im still using flat 442, should i change to another tactic or is it normal to have these starts after ascending?

It can depend on many things.

1. ) Your version picking now have to be different.
2.) The players might show complacency, havinh won so many games last season.
3.)The team talk might also have to be different this season
4.) The team not being good enough

I think you could benefit from using my new 442/4411 set. Its a set of 7 versions of 442 and 7 of 4411 as you sometimes want to pack the midfield, using the FCr as a AMC instead.It will be uploaded later tonight

ok thanks, will try it as soon as its uploaded.. btw this is my team, think its too bad for premier?
QPR.jpg

ok thanks, will try it as soon as its uploaded.. btw this is my team, think its too bad for premier?
QPR.jpg

To be perfectly honest, I cant say that I am that familiar with most of those players, but it does not look that strong. That main issue might also not be the quality in terms of CA/PA but more the player types. In your normal lineup, how many of your midfielders and fullbacks have higher than 12 in the following stats(or most of them) ?
- Tackling - Positioning-Marking-Strength- Decision

most of them have those stats above 12.. the main problem im facing right now is that the AI simply scores on any chance they get.. my team creates lots of chances and then the AI out of nowhere gets the ball and gets to my goal and scores.. thats whats happening most of the time.. i belive my defense may be failing a bit

also, this was pretty much the best i could get as QPR.. other good players that i actually had chances to get with my budget and club were snatched by bigger clubs or simply refused to join mine..