Tactics & Training: The " I have a small question " thread

having trouble selling players..

Any tips on selling players????

Try exchanging players, say if you wanted to sell nasri offer him as a swap to gourcuff, jus as an example!

So I've been getting a Backroom Advice telling me to have a private chat with Cristiano Ronaldo to discourage him from shooting with power. But isn't this what Cristiano does and gets goals with? He may not always score, but at least troubles the keeper and maybe a striker can put in the rebound.

So question is: should I listen to the advice or just dismiss it?

So I've been getting a Backroom Advice telling me to have a private chat with Cristiano Ronaldo to discourage him from shooting with power. But isn't this what Cristiano does and gets goals with? He may not always score, but at least troubles the keeper and maybe a striker can put in the rebound.

So question is: should I listen to the advice or just dismiss it?

If so, then dismiss it.

What is that red thing with a black star that the EPL players had in their chest last fixture? I'm sorry if that is an important symbol but I have no idea on what that is

Hi guys. i have a question and i didn't understand this very well. In match preparation we can choose 3 tactics for the team. i have the main one, but how can I change to the other one? The first one is always the main and i cant change. How can i do that ? What I would like to do is to keep the formation but change the mentality and some other things to make it more defensive.

Last edited:
I'm doing everything I can to secure the best backroom staff available, hence they are all from different nationalities. I know that it may be a problem for a player to communicate with his teammates when there is a language barrier, is this true for the interaction between the coaches and the team players as well?

What is that red thing with a black star that the EPL players had in their chest last fixture? I'm sorry if that is an important symbol but I have no idea on what that is

It is a poppy. A symbal of rememberance, for all those who gave their lives for our countries, in he two world wars

hi. whenever i download something from this site, wether it be tactics or most recently training schedules. When i start up my game and try to import, the downloaded file is NOT there!! i never had this problem with any other of the fms before, whats chnaged this year? i have tried d.loading it a few times but still nothing. any help would be much appreciated, regards

You put them in the right folder? Eg:
\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\tactics
or
\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\schedules

Before trying to import them?

yea. its doing me head in. the file just is not being found. ive never had A problem on any other fm's. can i change the file from a rar file?

You have to extract the tactic file from the .rar with an archive program like 7zip.

i downloaded winrar, but still nothing. which 7zip should i download?

If you have a 64bit OS, like Windows 7 64bit, get the .msi, if you don't or are unsure, just get the .exe.

Also look at this thread.

Last edited:
ok its downloaded. now do i just download the training again and see what happens? or once ive downloaded the training file, do i need to send it to the 7zip programme?

You need to open the .rar with 7zip and extract it to the tactics folder.

Then import it in FM11.

How to set up a good playmaker?I want him to constantly feeding my lone striker through balls while taking almost NO long shots at all.Have tried both Attacking Midfielder/support and Advanced Playmaker/support but no good at all.I have Modric/VdV/Krancjar/Afellay who can play in that position but mostly use Modric

Why not make a rule that you can only start a tactic thread if you have a download link and the tactic is ready? That way you stop lots of people asking to test a tactic or requesting a release date. Because though JP's tactic looks wonderful, in effect it is just 9 pages of release requests and the priveleged few who have been allowed to test the tactic!