Tactics & Training: The " I have a small question " thread

Has anyone ever tried creating this 4-1-2-2-1 formation?

RB---CB----CB---LB
--------DM---------
-
RM----------------LM
-
-------AM--AM-------
---------ST

Any success or tips?

Has anyone ever tried creating this 4-1-2-2-1 formation?

RB---CB----CB---LB
--------DM---------
-
RM----------------LM
-
-------AM--AM-------
---------ST

Any success or tips?

Its not that good for me cause my opponents always seem to dominate the midfield cause the 2 AM do not defend much .
TRY PLAYING THE 2 AM AS ADVANCE PLAY MAKERS IN THE MIDFIELD AND PUT THE STRIKER AS POACHER

Hello ive been playinf football manager with swansea and the players are telling me to get a more structured approach what does this mean and how do i get a more structured approach

How to play against relegation battlers? I always have bad results against them, I play narow and slow, which works against teams like chelsea but not with teams like newcastle who where 20 in my save and yet i hardly get a draw at home. Now Im playing against Midllesbro who are last placed, went 2-0 ahead but they somehow play like barca and score 3 against me, final score 3-3. WTF

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Holy Jesus it happend again

Loads of shots but poor on target ratio

Hi guys. Just set up my first tactic and its working well initially. Great possession, pass completion stats etc. The main weakness is that I have a number of shots on goal but a lot of them are off target. I've been making use of the analysis tool and can see, despite setting long shots to rarely for all my players, a load of shots from a fair way outside the area. On the edge of the area would be fine but not so far out that the shots are speculative.

What information do I need to provide to get more help with this? I'm playing a 4-1-3-2.

I got problem, i ended 1st season liga BBVa 4th, Euro cup 2nd, Spanish cup 2nd.
New season i don't got good results, i'm scoring much but if i take lead, then opponents will score againts me too.
I'm Athletico Madrid i'm using 4-4-2.
WB-Felipe attacking
FB-De Silvesri attacking
Dominguez and Luis cover/stopper both limited defenders
DM- Annan ball winning midfielder defend
Devour advanced playmaker attack
Reyes and Sanches Wingers, attack
Forlan/Agüero Complete/Poacher

How i can make defens better? i got pretty slow defenders, need play with deep defensive line?
using Fluid, Attacking Menthaly Starting Strategy
Shorter passes, more expressive, zonal marking, more caution, more roaming, default crosses and default closing down

Do i need change some player roles?

How would you go about setting a strategy that has a nice patient build that keeps possession but also has a quick direct counter attack been trying for a while can get the first bit right sort of but the counter attack doesnt look quick enough?

Its my first FM game, but I have played plenty of seasons and still cant figure out what does it takes to win the BPL with team that is predicted to finish 5th.
Ive tried different tactics but still cant move from 3rd place. Any advice.

how do i make the defending free kicks so that my players defending push up out of the box leaving the other teams players in the box so their players are offside.

Which training schedule do you guys think work best for 1.3? I've used to use Duncs 1.2 medium workload schedule, but according to my experience that does not work as well for 1.3 as it do to 1.0 and 1.2.

My team captain and star player has been injured in the previous season for a couple of months. When he returned, he already have trouble blending with the squad. And it continued until my current season (I'm halfway through it). What should I do as I think its affecting team play and results? We're conceding more goals now and scoring less goals than in previous seasons that my team captain has blended well with the squad. We have more defeats and draws now.

What am I doing wrong? :(

OK Im really desperate for some help with my Juve team. I hate the tactics side of recent FM games and am looking for the best possible tactics so need to know something in particular which is really hurting my team, well two actually, but Ill describe my team first:

Buffon - Normal GK
Ziegler - LB - WB Defend
Chiellini - CB - Normal
Bonucci - CB - Normal
Cassani - RB - WB Defend

Rotation:
Vidal - LMC - BWM
Rolfes - LMC - BWM
Pirlo - LMC - DLP

Jadson - RMC - AP/S
Kaka - RMC - AP/A
MarchisiO - RMC - AP/S

Krasic - RW - IF/A
Martinez - RW - IF/A
Pepe - RW - Winger/A

Bale - LW - Winger/A
Vicente - LW - Winger/A

Del Piero - RS - Trequartista
Necid - RS - Target Man/A
Vucinic - RS - Complete FWD/A
Iaqunita - RS - Complete FWD/A (player/coach)

Matri - LS - Poacher/A
Quagliarella - LS - Complete FWD/A
Coulibaly - LS - Poacher/A (age 15!)

Misc Strikers mostly unused:
Toni
Amauri
Immobile

Bascially, I can never win away!! Even to rubbish opposition. And even at home I struggle.
I dominate possession but when i do get goals they come from set pieces - and the team's useless at set pieces
we just get so many because of the possession count

My pitch dimensions are Short and Wide

Balanced/Fluid
Default/More Expressive
Zonal Marking
Stand Off More (to keep shape)
Default tackling
Default roaming

MRC is my Primary Playmaker - usually Kaka but as I exploit width he rarely sees the ball

I need to be able to score in open play badly. Also I need to know why tactics which can work soo well at home can then destroy you against much weaker opposition in an away match.

I know its not all this simple but if anyone can offer any advice at all that won't require me to be a master tactician, lol, as I really just want to focus on my team development and signing more and not have to get ridiculous results because Im a useless tactician.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated, thanks guys! :)

My team captain and star player has been injured in the previous season for a couple of months. When he returned, he already have trouble blending with the squad. And it continued until my current season (I'm halfway through it). What should I do as I think its affecting team play and results? We're conceding more goals now and scoring less goals than in previous seasons that my team captain has blended well with the squad. We have more defeats and draws now.

Match preparation team blend.

Please help!!! How do I download training schedules into the game??? I have the file but I don't know how to use it.

Please help!!! How do I download training schedules into the game??? I have the file but I don't know how to use it.

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\Schedules\ (create schedules folder if not there)

In-game: Go to training and near the bottom find Manage Schedules - click that and then import and it should be listed.
Then click the players tab and you can individually add them to the applicable schedule

Just wanted to know... can anyone provide me with help about training?

If under a certein player I click the training tab and alter it does this affect the whole schedule he is on or just personalising his own training levels

Just wanted to know... can anyone provide me with help about training?

If under a certein player I click the training tab and alter it does this affect the whole schedule he is on or just personalising his own training levels

If you change a certain Schedule, it effects everyone that is on it.

I've been playing a current FM 2011 save for six seasons now, halfway through the sixth season. I've won several major and minor trophies throughout that period. After my first season, FM stopped recording additional trophies in Hall of Fame so I was stocked at few trophies and low HOF ranking. Until all of a sudden, at the end of my fifth season, FM started/continued recording trophies in HOF again, but didn't include anymore those that I've won between the first season and end of fifth season. In my sixth season, despite not making any signings aside from promising youngsters for my youth team (which means my senior squad for the sixth season is virtually the same as my senior squad on the previous season), I've been winning less and the team seemed to lost its team play and doesn't blend aswell as in the previous season. There are several factors to be considered here but I felt it has something to do with the HOF thing because of a sudden chage in the program. What do you think guys?

How to make my inside forwards (i play 4-6-0 with two wingers and an AM as false nine (messi)) make diagonal runs?

I am starting a game as Chelsea, I want to play a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 diamond I have made all the transfers so it is the real Chelsea squad I just want to know how you would set the up ideally I want it to play like this normal back four with cole and bosingwa bombing down the flanks mikel being the dlp having the room essien and ramires box to box lampard mayby amc or mc what do you think and I want my amc so be like a third striker so do you think he should be the created and then have two poachers or have one of the striker as a deep lying forward