Tactics & Training: The " I have a small question " thread

By giving your players a low training workload would that improve their condition going into games as my players are never fully or near full condition and most of them are shatterred by half time. I rotate my squad and give them individual training to improve stamina but it doesnt help.

Advice appreciated

By giving your players a low training workload would that improve their condition going into games as my players are never fully or near full condition and most of them are shatterred by half time. I rotate my squad and give them individual training to improve stamina but it doesnt help.

Advice appreciated

I think a better option is to give them rest, go to training and give them 2 days rest, if you are playing wednesday saturday, players do get very tired

I think a better option is to give them rest, go to training and give them 2 days rest, if you are playing wednesday saturday, players do get very tired

I do that all my other saves on fm and it worked fine but with fm 11 its just not the same in terms of their stamina or whatever. Would having a training schedule that focuses alot on strength and aerobic help?

I do that all my other saves on fm and it worked fine but with fm 11 its just not the same in terms of their stamina or whatever. Would having a training schedule that focuses alot on strength and aerobic help?

Whats your workload in the match preparations ?. I have no idea if this is true, but if using attacking moves, it should tire the players more than lets say team blend?

Whats your workload in the match preparations ?. I have no idea if this is true, but if using attacking moves, it should tire the players more than lets say team blend?
Workload is team blend, Training level is medium

In that case i dont think theres any more you can do, maybe players just get tired easier in FM11

Hi,
So i had my team playing fluidly with one tactic from beginning of the season until mid november. Than i wanted to try using a second and third formation so i put it into the match day preparation screen, and than after one match where i decided to switch to one of the new formations, my team is now only accomplished with the original formation.

I didn't change or tweak the original. So I guess my question is, does your team lose the fluidity of one tactic if you add too many to match preparation? Even a match or two later the first tactic wont' go past accomplished.

my small question: what stats and ppms are important for a good free kick taker?

Free Kick Taking (obviously :p), Long Shots, Technique, Finishing also Concentration/Decisions/Creativity/Composure perhaps.

As for PPMs probably 'Tries long range free kicks' and 'Hit free kicks with power'.

IS there anywhere that explains the different types of style of play etc, eg control, counter etc?

What is the best formation to counter a 4-4-1-1(Flat back 4, Flat mid 4, 1 in hole, 1 striker)??

Hi I think I have a rather small question, but it's really a big problem for me.

How do you stop conceding from corners? Is it a bug or something but I always conceded almost 1 per game.

The drill is the corner taker swing it to 1 yard box and a player pops up from the deep and tap it in easily. That, or the as-we-know-it far post corner.

Can anyone help? Tried to set all players on 'back', 'man marking' but no luck.

Well i haven't been conceding at all from corners since i started using this. But having Terry and Chiellini may have something to do with it:p

Last edited:
What is the best formation to counter a 4-4-1-1(Flat back 4, Flat mid 4, 1 in hole, 1 striker)??

Cant say that there is any best formation to counter the 4411 as teams play different strategies within that formation but I do find that MY 4411 is rather weak against the Wide 41221. The thing to remember when dealing with formations using a single FC is that if you can manage to isolate him and take him our of the game, you have won much. I like yo use use OIs for this. Tackle hard, close down always has worked really well for me. Just be aware of that if you are up against a much better FC ( i-e Drogba, Rooney,), there is a risk that your defenders are just too poor and will get punished ( skinned, penalties etc)

Cant say that there is any best formation to counter the 4411 as teams play different strategies within that formation but I do find that MY 4411 is rather weak against the Wide 41221. The thing to remember when dealing with formations using a single FC is that if you can manage to isolate him and take him our of the game, you have won much. I like yo use use OIs for this. Tackle hard, close down always has worked really well for me. Just be aware of that if you are up against a much better FC ( i-e Drogba, Rooney,), there is a risk that your defenders are just too poor and will get punished ( skinned, penalties etc)

4-1-2-2-1 you mean like the one i already use. well, i play completley narrow with inside forwards though. My ***.man says its weak against a 4-4-1-1 which i usually dont pay attention to but then noticed that he's right. The frustrating thing is that my tactic is all about posession and usually has pretty decent results but against a 4-4-1-1 my midfield gets overrun for some reason.

4-1-2-2-1 you mean like the one i already use. well, i play completely narrow with inside forwards though. My ***.man says its weak against a 4-4-1-1 which i usually don't pay attention to but then noticed that he's right. The frustrating thing is that my tactic is all about possession and usually has pretty decent results but against a 4-4-1-1 my midfield gets overrun for some reason.

When playing completely narrow, you will give away a lot of space down the flanks and if the opponents are moving up-field as a unit, then they will have no problem holding possession in wide positions, dragging your players out of position.

Basically, you are playing an extreme type of football, looking for short passing all the time and extremely narrow, all this within a narrow formation. I suspect that whilst the tactic gets you results, its probably more down to the players rather than the approach and when you come up against teams that take advantage against the flaws of your tactic, the players skills just is not enough.

Last edited: