Player stats. Vietto and Ings have been the league’s two outstanding goalscorers, shown by the goals leaderboard as well as the Average Minutes Per Goal, where no one else comes close. We dominate the average ratings chart with three of the top four, and seven of the top twelve.

Sadly, Bayern have opened up a 9 point lead in the Bundesliga, but it’s now the Serie A where things are getting interesting, as perennial champions Juve are finally getting a challenge, from three other clubs, no less! Fiorentina also sit in the relegation zone!

FA Cup - Fifth Round - Rochdale AFC (Away)

Rochdale shouldn’t pose us any difficulties, even with a young and rotated lineup. Hopefully we can secure progression to the Quarter Finals here.

Within 20 seconds we were in front, as Doebel pounced on a loose ball in the box to strike it home, as Nishimura’s cross was poorly dealt with.

Rochdale equalised in the 31st minute through Delfouneso, who latched onto a long ball and finished past Butland.

In the 41st minute Doebel restored our lead with a close range finish from Augustinsson’s cross. All of his goals this season have come in pairs!

Prins was denied by Lillis in the 52nd minute after being teed up by Rodriguez.

Sindelar added to our advantage in the 56th minute with a simple finish at the end of a nice passing move.

Persson replaced Prins in the 63rd minute. Sindelar went to the left wing, Rodriguez to AMC and Persson up front.

Three minutes later Rochdale went down a man as Rafferty saw red for a shocking tackle on Sindelar.

Miguel replaced Augustinsson in the 70th.

Fenn came on for Jurcik in the 76th.

Fenn almost gave us a 4th in the 88th minute after finding himself on the end of Wellington’s free kick, but Allen’s desperate block deflected his shot wide.

Led by Doebel, Rodriguez and the two fullbacks, we advance fairly comfortably to the next round. Doebel’s 3rd brace of the season and Sindelar’s 7th FA Cup strike were enough today.

POM: Sven Doebel (9.0, 2G, 0A)

UEFA Champions League First Knockout Round - First Leg - Paris Saint-Germain (Away)

The first leg of our titanic KO16 clash with Paris Saint-Germain is away, and despite our near perfect record this season, I make us underdogs for this away match. They have some absolutely lethal players, though are missing their new big-money signing Lukaku due to injury - and probably ineligibility anyway. I’d be happy to take a score draw back to St. Mary’s.

We were off to a tough start though, as Cavani’s close range volley from Darmian’s 9th minute cross saw the Parisians take the lead.

In the 12th minute we were almost level, as Jacobsen’s shot was blocked on the line by Marquinhos, and then he hammered the rebound off the crossbar! So unlucky!

We were almost caught out again by a brilliant Zivkovic pass for Cavani in the 18th minute, but Dragowski came up trumps with an important save.

In the 23rd minute Dimarco streaked down the left and whipped in a cross. Vietto looked certain to score but Santon had other ideas, flinging himself across to block the effort after Rulli was beaten!

In the 30th minute Vietto surged past Riedewald but Rulli made a fingertip save to deflect his shot wide.

In the 44th minute Santon made another goal saving block, this time on Asensio after a brilliant Ward-Prowse pass had left Rulli stranded.

Despite 3 clear cut chances and 3 half chances at the break, compared to 1 and 2 respectively for P$G, we went in behind.

Doebel and Sindelar replaced Jacobsen and Vietto in the 70th minute.

Rulli made another top class save to deny Asensio in the 81st minute.

Clasie was on for Wanyama seconds later.

As we pushed forwards in search of an equaliser we were hit on the counter in the 88th minute, and Dragowski made a critical save to deny Coman a vital second for P$G.

Dragowski did make a couple of big saves, and received the POM award in the end. We suffer just our second defeat of the season. It’s frustrating that we created a number of chances, but couldn’t get an away goal to show for it. The tie is balanced on a knife’s edge. I’m confident that we can outplay them even more at home, but the commitment displayed by their defence and quality of their keeper means that we could have a very tough time trying to score three if they manage to grab an away goal themselves.

POM: Bartlomiej Dragowski (8.1, 1 conceded, 5 saves)

Pretty bad result that one, is really commendable that you were able to fight evenly with PSG but the lack of goals could cost you very dearly in the end (that 0 is more harmful than the loss itself).
But there's still 90 minutes left and St.Mary's is pretty much a fortress this season, so there's still hope.

In the domestic run, tough match in the FA Cup both City and Spurs should give you a run for your money but playing at home should give you an edge (as United could suffer first hand).
In the league... It looks like the title won't be moving from Southampton any time soon ^^

Keep up the magnificent work.

Pretty bad result that one, is really commendable that you were able to fight evenly with PSG but the lack of goals could cost you very dearly in the end (that 0 is more harmful than the loss itself).
But there's still 90 minutes left and St.Mary's is pretty much a fortress this season, so there's still hope.

In the domestic run, tough match in the FA Cup both City and Spurs should give you a run for your money but playing at home should give you an edge (as United could suffer first hand).
In the league... It looks like the title won't be moving from Southampton any time soon ^^

Keep up the magnificent work.

Yeah it was frustrating because both teams had 3 half chances, but we led on clear cut chances by 4-1! So to lose and not even get an away goal is very unfortunate. Too hard to call at this stage, hopefully home ground advantage can get us over the line.

It will be Spurs in the FA Cup after they beat City, I'm confident that we can beat them at home though. The league is more or less a foregone conclusion at this stage, it would take a disaster not to win from here.

Thanks for the support :)

English Premier League - Game 27 - Manchester United (Home)

I didn’t get the chance to write a commentary for this match, but a look at the match summary tells you all you need to know.

David De Gea was his usual self again, making 10 saves and almost stealing a point for United, but fortunately justice prevailed as Vietto netted a 73rd minute winner, Nishimura picking him out with an angled cross which he turned into the net.

The only highlights of the game were the goal, and a number of De Gea's saves, including a double save on Doebel.

With 61% possession and 20 shots to 8, if we hadn’t won that I would have been fuming! United didn’t have even a half-chance all game.

POM: Masao Nishimura (8.6, 0G, 1A)

Well well well, what else do you do with an eight hour shift on a quiet bank holiday monday. Read/skim through all 121 pages of this phenomenal career thread. You can see how much time and effort goes into this and its superbly presented and you've had your fair share of success, done well turning Southampton into the club you have.

You've had those tough times, like the 8-1 defeat to Arsenal first season, however despite the Europa League win found the CL hard, think this is your year for cracking it, especially after the budget you were given to sit on, should retain the league title with ease this year around.

Well well well, what else do you do with an eight hour shift on a quiet bank holiday monday. Read/skim through all 121 pages of this phenomenal career thread. You can see how much time and effort goes into this and its superbly presented and you've had your fair share of success, done well turning Southampton into the club you have.

You've had those tough times, like the 8-1 defeat to Arsenal first season, however despite the Europa League win found the CL hard, think this is your year for cracking it, especially after the budget you were given to sit on, should retain the league title with ease this year around.

Glad to be of assistance with your work! :p Thanks for taking the time to read this though, and for your kind words, I'm glad that you've enjoyed it :)

That was the biggest loss I've ever suffered on FM but we've certainly come a long way since then. Hopefully we can kick on and start challenging for the CL in the near future. The budget is massive if I ever decide I need to spend big, we will see :)

English Premier League - Game 28 - Fulham FC (Away)

Fulham have done well this season after avoiding relegation last year, and sit 13th on the ladder. They still shouldn’t be able to trouble us too much, even at Craven Cottage.

Vietto opened the scoring in the 22nd minute with a clever near post finish from Chambers’ angled cross.

Two minutes later Chambers picked up another assist, this time sweeping his cross to the far side of the box, where Dimarco took a touch before rifling it home beautifully!

In the 27th minute Dimarco’s cross found Asensio at the back post, but his header bounced back off the crossbar!

But four minutes after that he got on the end of a low Dimarco delivery to turn it home from point blank range.

In the 35th minute Zoet saved Jurcik’s header from a corner, but Jacobsen pounced on the rebound to net our fourth!

Ruben Garcia pounced on a deflected Promes shot to score in an open goal in the 56th minute.

Zoet made an excellent save to prevent Jurcik adding to the scoreline from a 65th minute corner.

Doebel replaced Jacobsen two minutes later.

Rodriguez and Sindelar replaced Ward-Prowse and Vietto in the 77th minute, with Rodriguez going to the left wing, Asensio to midfield and Doebel to the right wing.

Moore made a goal saving block on Doebel in the 84th minute after a clever Asensio pass.

Two minutes later Gitschier added to the scoreline with a close range volley after Asensio had split the defence for Dimarco, who whipped the ball into the 6 yard box.

Zoet made a brilliant save to stop Sindelar from adding a 6th in the 89th minute.

Gitschier was pushed by Promes in stoppage time as he leapt for a Chambers cross, and a penalty was given. Asensio netted his second from the spot.

Poor Fulham were blown off the park today as we ran riot. An excellent performance to boost confidence after a couple of less-than-convincing efforts recently. Great displays across the board from the team.

POM: Federico Dimarco (9.4, 1G, 2A)

WOW What a read!

Read all 122 pages today! really great story and an extremely enjoyable read! wish there was more! want to see if you go unbeaten in the premier league! I am a Reading fc supporter (home town season ticket holder) when I purchased the game this was my first save and I didn't really enjoy it as I couldn't achieve my goals, since then ive left FM16 and this has made me want to get home to my laptop and play again. Any ideas of great teams/saves I could be? I don't want to copy your Southampton save but something similar would be great! I prefer English leagues but I am open to ideas and challengers, great work!

do u have a link to your tactic as i want to try something like this

Read all 122 pages today! really great story and an extremely enjoyable read! wish there was more! want to see if you go unbeaten in the premier league! I am a Reading fc supporter (home town season ticket holder) when I purchased the game this was my first save and I didn't really enjoy it as I couldn't achieve my goals, since then ive left FM16 and this has made me want to get home to my laptop and play again. Any ideas of great teams/saves I could be? I don't want to copy your Southampton save but something similar would be great! I prefer English leagues but I am open to ideas and challengers, great work!

Impressive effort mate, and I'm glad you have enjoyed it :) Don't worry, there will still be more! I guess I'd suggest a team like Swansea or West Ham if you want to play in the Premier League, there would be even more options in the Championship or below. I'm no expert but there's a thread here where people can help you to pick a team

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2016-discussion/350953-team-should-i.html

do u have a link to your tactic as i want to try something like this

Have u shared ur tactic on here??

I haven't posted the tactic but I can screenshot the player roles and team instructions, both of which do vary occasionally, and almost always change during matches

English Premier League - Game 29 - Burnley FC (Away)

Burnley have been overachieving this season, and are actually in the thick of the battle for European qualification, sitting 4 points off 4th place. Liverpool and Chelsea have escaped the pack and are fighting it out for 2nd, so only one CL spot is really still up for grabs.

Laporte picked up a knock fairly early and was replaced by Nishimura in the 19th minute. Chambers shifted into central defence.

In the 36th minute Ward-Prowse sent a ball through for Vietto. The angle was too tight for a shot, so he chipped it across goal, and Asensio finished with an impressive volley.

Ward-Prowse hit the bar from just outside the box in the 46th minute, and it fell straight into the grateful arms of Heaton.

In the 51st minute Nishimura’s chipped cross was headed onto the bar by Gitschier. His followup was straight at Heaton, but Vietto cleaned up the mess to put us two ahead.

Larsson replaced Wanyama in the 66th minute.

Gitschier then picked up a knock, so he was replaced by Doebel in the 70th minute. The German switched with Asensio.

Two minutes later Doebel cut infield brilliantly and slipped a ball through for Vietto, but Heaton was right on top of him when he got to it, and deflected his shot wide.

Vietto was tackled in the 75th minute but Doebel’s lightning pace saw him take the ball in his stride and race through, but it was a tough angle and Heaton made the save.

Sandro almost scored an impressive solo goal in the 79th minute but Dragowski kept his effort out.

In the 88th minute Burnley tried to counter, but when Chambers won the ball they were caught out, and we showed them how it was done. He passed to Doebel, who sent it infield for Asensio. The Spaniard went surging forward before knocking the ball into the path of Vietto, whose first time effort from just outside the box found the top left corner! Brilliant way to cap off a classy display from my star striker.

Jacobsen added insult to injury a minute later when Dimarco cut the ball back to him, and he stepped inside three defenders before picking out the top right corner. Quality finish.

A couple of classy late goals saw us add some gloss to a scoreline after Tom Heaton had previously done a good job of keeping it down. Another impressive performance on the road. We have sealed qualification for the Champion’s League for next season, which has been a matter of when rather than if for a long time now. We face Spurs in the FA Cup next, before we host Paris Saint-Germain in the most important match of the season so far. Hopefully the injuries to Laporte and Gitschier are minor enough that they’ll be available, as both are critical players.

POM: Luciano Vietto (9.4, 2G, 1A)

Would be amazing if you could manage to win the title without losing a single game! I have faith Pat, don't let me down :p

Great stroy by the way, I dip in and out of it every few days, whenever I get a chance. Fantastic progress going on there.

Would be amazing if you could manage to win the title without losing a single game! I have faith Pat, don't let me down :p

Great stroy by the way, I dip in and out of it every few days, whenever I get a chance. Fantastic progress going on there.

It would be quite something wouldn't it, completely unprecedented! There's actually a reasonable chance of that now, though we still have to visit Stamford Bridge

Glad you're still enjoying it when you have the time, thanks for the support! :)