Taking Southampton North!

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 617K

Injury News...

Sadly, Gitschier will miss the FA Cup Final due to injury.

We dominate the season awards. Asensio sets a couple of records; he, Gitschier, Vietto and Dimarco all win awards; and those four along with Laporte and Süle make the Team of the Year. Dragowski is third for the Golden Glove, and I win Manager of the Year. Apologies for the screenshot dump, unfortunately another one will be coming soon too after the FA Cup Final.

FA Cup - Grand Final - Chelsea FC (Neutral)

The FA Cup Final now. It would be somewhat of an anticlimax to what has been a pretty great season if we fail to win today. We’ve been utterly dominant, but so far only have one trophy to show for it. Hopefully we can make that two, although our job is made more difficult due to the absence of Gitschier. Hopefully Unhappy Asensio steps up again today.

Chelsea led narrowly in shots by the break, though most were long range, and we had 59% possession but did little with it, with both teams creating just a solitary half chance each.

Vietto and Persson replaced Jacobsen and Sindelar in the 57th minute.

In the 70th minute Nishimura teed Asensio up inside the box, but he skewed his shot horribly wide. Uncharacteristically poor effort from Asensio, I’ll put it down to his unhappiness.

Rodriguez replaced Ward-Prowse in the 72nd minute, swapping with Asensio.

In the 80th minute Diego Costa’s brilliant backheel sent Cavaleiro through, but his angle was far too sharp and he hit the post.

In the 83rd minute Dimarco dribbled his way into the box, looking to cross, and was tripped by Stones. Penalty! Unhappy Asensio to the spot…saved by Courtois! I saw that coming.

Dragowski stood tall at his near post to block Hazard’s shot in the 90th minute.

The corner came in, and Christensen nodded home his first goal of the season to give Chelsea the lead!

A very disappointing performance, and made even more frustrating by the fact that we should have won! Convert that penalty and we shut up shop and see out the last 5 minutes, but Asensio couldn’t beat Courtois from the spot. We even had the best open play chance. We lose another FA Cup Final, we lose another Final to Chelsea, and we end the season with just one real trophy. Very disappointing.

POM: Andreas Christensen (Chelsea FC - 8.2, 1G, 0A)

Best Southampton Player: Sven Doebel (7.2, 0G, 0A)

Bayern is becoming your black beast, whenever you face the Bavarians in Champions it doesn't end well for you but you've done a magnificent Champions League run this season regardless of this result and with a lil' tweak or two this squad could easily become serious Champions League contender material for the next season.

About the domestic competitions, excellent league run (champions and with a league score record to boot) but shame on the cups though (specially the cups, losing a final hurts.... losing against Chelsea hurts even more ¬¬), if you keep up such a good work you'll end up establish a Saints' supremacy for quite a long while.

And last but not least... About Asensio, if I were you I would let the lad go. Yes, he's a fantastic player and of course the team level would plummet with his leave but he has shown a remarkable lack of commitment and that's even worse for the club than his departure (maybe it's just me but I wouldn't keep a player that won't give his all on the pitch around) you can take quite a hefty sum for a player of his caliber and use it to strenghten the squad (you could cover more than one area with the money given for him).

Anyway, it was a good season but I'm sure next will be way better so keep the good work up ^^

Ah unlucky mate. Anyone else on that pen and you would've won it.. Maybe let the lad go if you cant make him stay! Oh well, on to the next season pal!

Bayern is becoming your black beast, whenever you face the Bavarians in Champions it doesn't end well for you but you've done a magnificent Champions League run this season regardless of this result and with a lil' tweak or two this squad could easily become serious Champions League contender material for the next season.

About the domestic competitions, excellent league run (champions and with a league score record to boot) but shame on the cups though (specially the cups, losing a final hurts.... losing against Chelsea hurts even more ¬¬), if you keep up such a good work you'll end up establish a Saints' supremacy for quite a long while.

And last but not least... About Asensio, if I were you I would let the lad go. Yes, he's a fantastic player and of course the team level would plummet with his leave but he has shown a remarkable lack of commitment and that's even worse for the club than his departure (maybe it's just me but I wouldn't keep a player that won't give his all on the pitch around) you can take quite a hefty sum for a player of his caliber and use it to strenghten the squad (you could cover more than one area with the money given for him).

Anyway, it was a good season but I'm sure next will be way better so keep the good work up ^^

They've narrowly beaten us twice, so hopefully if we come up against them again we can finally beat them. We'll see :)

We were thoroughly dominant domestically but couldn't win the Cups. That will have to be a target for next season, certainly. I've made 4 Cup Finals now and only won 1, which was the Europa League, so hopefully we can improve on that record soon.

It's worth considering, and if I receive a massive offer I may well let him leave, but considering his contribution for the season in goals, assists, average rating and match winning performances, it would have to be a serious bid. If nobody bids soon I'm hoping he will get over his unhappiness and I can tie him down to a new contract. If not, then so be it.

Thanks mate, hopefully we can kick on and convert good form into more than one trophy next season

Ah unlucky mate. Anyone else on that pen and you would've won it.. Maybe let the lad go if you cant make him stay! Oh well, on to the next season pal!

Yeah he's automatically set as my penalty taker, as soon as it was given I realised I should have changed it to Vietto for that match, but oh well. He may go or stay, it's uncertain at this point. Thanks for the support! :)

Some good news at least, as the Under 18’s bring home the UEFA Youth Champions League. We also won the U/21’s Cup this season.

Transfer News...

Tadic requested to leave, and I agreed to allow him to move on. I’ve already confirmed a deal for his replacement, and we have Fontaine coming back into the squad for next season so won’t be short of wing options.

Congratulations on winning the Premier League mate!

Looked a decent season across all competitions as well - hopefully more silverware to come next season! :D

Just read through this morning so I'm all caught up. Well done on back-to-back titles. Hopefully next season you can retain it again and add another trophy into the cabinet as well :)

Congratulations on winning the Premier League mate!

Looked a decent season across all competitions as well - hopefully more silverware to come next season! :D

Yeah we performed well in everything, just couldn't get over the line! Thanks for the support :)

Just read through this morning so I'm all caught up. Well done on back-to-back titles. Hopefully next season you can retain it again and add another trophy into the cabinet as well :)

Cheers mate, thanks for taking the time to read it all :)

We have three players named in the Champions League Dream Team, in Asensio, Dragowski and Süle.

Atletico’s only blemishes were a group stage elimination in the Champions League - which they made up for by winning the Europa League, and a Spanish Cup Final loss. Impressive stuff.

Any jobs I should take? Dortmund and Schalke look tempting! Obviously not Man United, before some smart aleck - probably Ninjaskill - says so :P

Last edited:
I would stay one more season in Southampton in order to make a last attempt at lifting the Champions League, you were so close last season that it's worth a shot.
If not I would choose Germany as a new destination, Schalke looks like a nice challenge since it's a club with money and nice academy yet not as strong as Bayern, Dortmund or Bayer Leverkusen (the Aspirin team is surprisingly good in this FM, it might be even better than Dortmund if you ask me) so you would still have your fair share of serious work to do with Die Knappen (The miners).

Nevertheless regardless of your choice I'll still follow you every now and then (unless you decide to manage Sevilla one day that is).

I'd say wait another season like Zlatan said and try win the CL. Then maybe look for a fallen giant or something like that!

Are you considering leaving Southampton now? I would be tempted to head to Italy/Germany/Spain now that you've won the league a couple of times.

However, as others have said, would be good to push for Champions League and develop those youngsters that are coming through.

Dundee or Lazio :D

daggers to glory!

I would stay one more season in Southampton in order to make a last attempt at lifting the Champions League, you were so close last season that it's worth a shot.
If not I would choose Germany as a new destination, Schalke looks like a nice challenge since it's a club with money and nice academy yet not as strong as Bayern, Dortmund or Bayer Leverkusen (the Aspirin team is surprisingly good in this FM, it might be even better than Dortmund if you ask me) so you would still have your fair share of serious work to do with Die Knappen (The miners).

Nevertheless regardless of your choice I'll still follow you every now and then (unless you decide to manage Sevilla one day that is).

I'd say wait another season like Zlatan said and try win the CL. Then maybe look for a fallen giant or something like that!

Are you considering leaving Southampton now? I would be tempted to head to Italy/Germany/Spain now that you've won the league a couple of times.

However, as others have said, would be good to push for Champions League and develop those youngsters that are coming through.

I posted that for interest's sake really. When I took the screenshot I was thinking about it, but since then I've decided I have unfinished business at Southampton so I am planning on continuing on with the Saints. I'm also loath to leave behind all the young regens and see half the team sold off. We'll see what happens next season though, hopefully the league is more challenging this year.

Transfer News...

A great servant in Tadic will depart when the window opens.

Fontaine signs off at Aberdeen with a Young Player of the Month Award. Sung-Chan continues to perform for Ludogorets.

Doebel debuts for Germany!

Asensio came to me with the same concern, wanting to join Barcelona. I said I’d accept a reasonable bid, but I will be the judge of what is reasonable! His asking price is set at 100m

Back