Great work with the Saints. I'm interested to know how you set up your games to begin with. How many nations/leagues do you activate playable and non-playable?

I've been following this, it made me start my own game as them, just won the league in my 2nd season, Europa League and Capital One cup too, Embola is a beast!

Impressive work there, congrats! Embolo is really good, he went from Arsenal to Real Madrid on my save, and now Liverpool have just signed him

Great work with the Saints. I'm interested to know how you set up your games to begin with. How many nations/leagues do you activate playable and non-playable?

I can't remember exactly but I have the top division of Brazil and Argentina loaded, then I think all tiers of Germany, France, Spain, Italy and England, and then the top tier of a few other European ones like Portugal, Croatia, Russia, Ukraine, Sweden, Denmark, Greece, Turkey, maybe a couple of others. I think the player count is around 70-80 thousand

The bookies have made us favourites to retain the Premier League title, though only just. They’d be idiots not to after last season, although we may have a disrupted start this time, who knows.

I just want to take a moment to appreciate just how brilliant Gitschier has become. World class, without a doubt.

Injury News...

Another preseason casualty - fortunately a minor one.

Impressive work there, congrats! Embolo is really good, he went from Arsenal to Real Madrid on my save, and now Liverpool have just signed him

I can't remember exactly but I have the top division of Brazil and Argentina loaded, then I think all tiers of Germany, France, Spain, Italy and England, and then the top tier of a few other European ones like Portugal, Croatia, Russia, Ukraine, Sweden, Denmark, Greece, Turkey, maybe a couple of others. I think the player count is around 70-80 thousand
He whinged about wanting to leave after I rejected bids for him, so in the end I sold him for £60m.
Didn't replace him but i've got a few youngsters i'm going to have to rely on.

He whinged about wanting to leave after I rejected bids for him, so in the end I sold him for £60m.
Didn't replace him but i've got a few youngsters i'm going to have to rely on.

That's probably pretty good value I'd say, I hope your youngsters step up for you!

Our preseason was pretty solid, once more with my assistant in control. A couple of slightly disappointing draws but mostly good results. The highlight was an efficient 3-0 dismissal of Paris Saint-Germain.

Transfer Update

Our transfers so far. We’ve hardly spent a thing, and have made a profit of around 140m! Plenty of talented youngsters out on loan too. As usual, the second screenshot is outgoing transfers.

Been gone for a bit but caught up. Impressive as always Pat!

Very good story so far! Just wondering how do you manage to find such good regens? Is therea guide you've learnt from or have you discovered ways yourself?

Been gone for a bit but caught up. Impressive as always Pat!

Thanks Meehar, nice to see you return to yours as well! :)

Very good story so far! Just wondering how do you manage to find such good regens? Is therea guide you've learnt from or have you discovered ways yourself?

Just lots of scouting really. Scout as widely as possible, but don't buy every regen under the sun. Wait until you find one with the key attributes required to make them a top player in the role you want them to play. For example, my centre back Dusan Jurcik was rated at 4.5 stars by my scouts and there were plenty of others rated at 5 stars, but he had the best attributes in my opinion and so I backed my judgement. Now I'm turning down 40m bids for him and I'm confident he will be the world's best centre back one day.

English Community Shield - Grand Final - Chelsea FC (Neutral)

We have such a young squad, and so a significant number of our first team players are on international duty, representing their countries at the Olympics. As such, our bench today has a couple of youth players, and we’ve been forced to rotate, but I still feel this side is good enough to come away with a win, despite Chelsea’s superiority on paper. It would be nice to gain the upper hand on Chelsea early, particularly after they snatched to FA Cup away from us at the end of last season. Unhappy Asensio is starting, we’ll see how he goes.

Our opening goal arrived in just the 2nd minute, from the most unlikely of sources. Calum Chambers got on the end of Jorge Miguel’s cross to tap home and put us in front!

Just three minutes later though we were hit on the counter from a free kick, and Eden Hazard finished to square the game at one apiece.

In the 8th minute we were back in front, as Asensio picked out Vietto’s run with a brilliant pass, and the striker finished clinically to open his account for the season! Sensational pass from Asensio, who underlines his importance to us once again.

Just a minute later only an excellent save from Courtois prevented Asensio adding to the scoreboard himself after a flowing move involving Vietto and Miguel.

We had a penalty appeal turned down 3 minutes later as Bale appeared to foul Jurcik.

Chelsea’s new signing Felipe Anderson bagged himself a debut goal in the 38th minute with a towering header from Azpilicueta’s second cross.

Prins replaced Candreva in the 54th minute and switched with Asensio.

In the 59th minute it was a pair of seconds, as Miguel picked up his second assist by crossing for Vietto to volley home his second goal! Back in the lead!

In the 66th minute our FA Cup nemesis, Christensen, headed home from a corner - exactly the same as the FA Cup - to level the game once more.

Sindelar replaced Wanyama in the 71st minute. He went up top, Vietto to the left, Jacobsen to the right and Asensio to midfield.

A minute later Anderson escaped unmarked from a very long free kick - just inside our half - to finish with ease. Criminally poor defending.

Lovell replaced Miguel in the 75th minute, shuffling Laporte to left back.

Vietto picked up a knock and was replaced by Persson in the 80th minute, with Sindelar going to the wing.

We couldn’t find an equaliser though, and fell 4-3.

Some shambolic defending cost us today. No way should we be scoring 3 goals in a match and still losing! It’s only a glorified friendly, sure, but a trophy is a trophy, and we miss out. Miguel was very suspect defensively despite his two assists going forward, and I’m definitely looking forward to Dimarco’s return. At least Vietto kick-started his campaign with a brace, and hopefully his injury is minor.

POM: Eden Hazard (8.9, 1G, 1A)

Best Southampton Player: Luciano Vietto (8.8, 2G, 0A)

Yeah... We thought that having one of the greatest talent factories in Eastern Europe would be detrimental for a club that is focused on developing young prospects...
Sometimes FM logic seems to be extremely moronic...¬¬

Congrats on getting appointed as Sweden's manager! Getting appointed as a national manager in this game is moronically hard... I tried to see if I could land a national team job in my save and I saw Germany appointing a manager from a 2.Bundesliga squad, England considering Quique Sánchez Flores as Hodgson's replacement and Spain doing the same as it does in real life: Del Bosque ******** things up, Del Bosque refusing to step aside and the Spanish federation backing him up regardless of what he does (it was creepily real I tell you...).

Anyway... back to topic, it seems that Chelsea somehow knows when and how to strike you huh... It's not the best start I reckon, but it's not how it starts... what truly matters it's how it ends ^^
Keep up the good work... if the injuries allow you that is.

Yeah... We thought that having one of the greatest talent factories in Eastern Europe would be detrimental for a club that is focused on developing young prospects...
Sometimes FM logic seems to be extremely moronic...¬¬

Congrats on getting appointed as Sweden's manager! Getting appointed as a national manager in this game is moronically hard... I tried to see if I could land a national team job in my save and I saw Germany appointing a manager from a 2.Bundesliga squad, England considering Quique Sánchez Flores as Hodgson's replacement and Spain doing the same as it does in real life: Del Bosque ******** things up, Del Bosque refusing to step aside and the Spanish federation backing him up regardless of what he does (it was creepily real I tell you...).

Anyway... back to topic, it seems that Chelsea somehow knows when and how to strike you huh... It's not the best start I reckon, but it's not how it starts... what truly matters it's how it ends ^^
Keep up the good work... if the injuries allow you that is.

Yeah it's really frustrating, I wish they'd agreed it because it would certainly help our youth system

It took 5 years for him to be sacked, and finally the opening was there! Germany only appoint German managers I think, could be wrong though. Luis Enrique is the Spain manager in mine, or at least he has been I think.

Back to back defeats after we did the double over them in the league. Hopefully we can beat them when it counts this season. And the constant injuries are getting really annoying, hopefully they will slow down somewhat but I'm not holding my breath

English Premier League - Game 1 - Wolverhampton Wanderers (Away)

Well some of the cavalry have arrived just in time for our opening Premier League match against Wolves. Gasperoni and Dimarco are immediately onto the bench in place of a couple of untested youth players. Chelsea and Arsenal held one another to a draw earlier in the day, which gives us the chance to move ahead of both of them at this early stage.

We fell behind early though, as Albrighton floated a free kick in, and Kachunga escaped unmarked to slam a volley home in the 9th minute.

Batth produced a critical block on Jacobsen a minute later after Chambers’ cross rebounded off the post to the feet of the winger.

In the 15th minute we were two behind, as Vergos blasted one past Dragowski from the edge of the box. Shell-shocked!

Within seconds of the kickoff we were on the front foot, and Chambers picked out Sindelar with a cross, but Raya made an exceptional diving save!

In the 29th minute Candreva sent a dipping cross from a free kick in for Jurcik, just a yard or two out - saved! Appalling miss!

In the 39th minute, Laporte began to redeem himself for his poor defensive showing as he powered in a header from Asensio’s corner. Game on, hopefully!

Asensio twisted his knee just a couple of minutes later, and was replaced by Rodriguez in the 42nd. A real shame, as he’d looked lively.

Persson replaced Sindelar in the 53rd minute.

Gasperoni was on for Wellington in the 64th, to make his debut.

Jacobsen hit the side netting in stoppage time with the keeper beaten.

It took over thirty games last season to taste defeat in the league, but this time, it takes us only one. Missing a number of our star players through injury and International duty, we slump to defeat against Wolves in a very poor performance. Ward-Prowse and Asensio aside, just about everybody disappointed. We missed a handful of early chances, at least three of which were easier to score than miss, and saw Wolves punish our sloppy defending up the other end, scoring with both of their shots on target. The challenge is still alive at Southampton!

POM: Marc Albrighton (Wolverhampton Wanderers - 8.6, 0G, 1A)

Best Southampton Player: James Ward-Prowse (8.1, 0G, 0A)

But...but...only 1 game :(

Thought this would be your unbeaten season for sure!!

..onto the next :p

But...but...only 1 game :(

Thought this would be your unbeaten season for sure!!

..onto the next :p

Hahaha I'm as surprised as you, though considering the players we were missing perhaps I shouldn't be. I'm probably not as disappointed as you though, winning all the time is pretty boring tbh haha

2 losses in a row, must be about 50 pages back the last time I've seen that! I'm sure you'll pick it back up though, I'd reckon you'll win easily against Derby! GL