2 losses in a row, must be about 50 pages back the last time I've seen that! I'm sure you'll pick it back up though, I'd reckon you'll win easily against Derby! GL

Yeah it's been a while, hasn't it? Kind of refreshing though :p We should, but I would have said the same about Wolves!

A crazy bid from Dortmund for Sindelar. I’ve invested too much into him to let him go now though.

Brazil win the Olympics, beating rivals Argentina in the Final. At last we can have our players back, although Doebel and Gitschier have already been given a week of leave, even though it means they’ll miss our next match.

Despite Germany only making the Quarters, Gitschier is runner up to Messi for the Olympics Best Player. He is also named in the Dream Team.

English Premier League - Game 2 - Derby County (Home)

I’m not just pleased, but relieved to welcome Dimarco back to the side. He was an integral part of our excellent defence last season, and also provided the most assists out of anyone in the squad. Wanyama is back and on the bench, whilst Fontaine makes his debut.

In the 14th minute we fell behind, as Vargas’ incredible run was capped off with a one-two with Eysseric, before he slotted home.

Szczesny made a brilliant double save to deny both Jurcik and Laporte from a 25th minute corner.

Fontaine and Jacobsen switched wings at half time.

That switch paid dividends in the 47th minute, as Chambers passed inside to Fontaine, who squared for Sindelar, who was left with a simple finish.

Rodriguez replaced Jacobsen in the 60th minute.

Wanyama replaced Gasperoni in the 71st.

Candreva replaced Fontaine in the 79th minute.

Frustration as we were held at home by Derby in another poor performance. Without Gitschier, Asensio and Vietto our attack just doesn’t seem to be clicking. Things are going to have to improve fast, as we’re already falling off the pace in the league.

POM: Calum Chambers (7.5, 0G, 0A)

New signing Bertin goes on loan to Championship side Crystal Palace

I announce my first Sweden squad. Of course my three young Swedish Saints are all in the squad, with Larsson and Persson possibly in line for their debuts. Former Saint Augustinsson misses out through injury.

The Capital One Cup hands us a potentially tricky tie with Swansea

We will likely tussle with Real Madrid for top spot in our Champions League group. Group F appears to be the Group of Death, though D and A could also be closely fought.

English Premier League - Game 3 - Norwich City (Away)

Burtic replaces Dragowski in goals for this match, due to the latter’s ineffective performances so far. Lovell, Gitschier, Doebel and Wanyama all start as well, whilst Vietto is fast-tracked straight back from his injury into the lineup. We really need a win to kick-start our season.

Fontaine bagged his maiden Southampton goal in the 18th minute, as Gitschier headed Chambers’ cross onto him, and he drilled it into the bottom corner!

Just two minutes later Norwich scythed through us with a sensational move, and Germain finished first time past a motionless Burtic from Bamford’s square pass. Really impressive move from the Canaries.

In the 54th minute it was Fontaine once more! The Italian raced onto Ward-Prowse’s weighted pass after a great team move, and belted it off the crossbar and in from close range. He doesn’t even have a positional strength indicator for left wing yet, but he’s killing it!

In the 59th minute Doebel increased our lead with a close range finish from Dimarco’s low cross.

Knockaert out-jumped Dimarco at the back post in the 67th minute, and his header bounced in off the post.

Just two minutes later though, another nice move saw Dimarco set up Doebel for an almost identical second! Brilliant pass from Vietto to free Dimarco for the cross.

Vietto then announced his return by adding to the scoreline himself, as Fontaine dinked an excellent pass out to Chambers, who sent in a cross for the Argentine to redirect past the keeper.

In the 73rd minute Gasperoni was on for Wanyama, and youth intake player Ivan Smith made his debut in place of Chambers.

Prins replaced the imperious Ward-Prowse in the 76th minute.

In the 87th minute Doebel displayed his lightning pace, receiving a pass from Smith and spinning brilliantly past his man, before darting between another two defenders and slotting past the keeper to seal his hat-trick! What a return to action from the German!

Well I was somewhat concerned at half-time, when we hit the sheds at one all, but in the second half we blew the cobwebs out with a clinical attacking display. A brace from Fontaine and a hat-trick from Doebel saw us obliterate a lively looking Norwich outfit to announce our arrival in this year’s competition. The defence was far from perfect once again, and I keenly await the return of Süle, but our attack was reinvigorated by the simultaneous returns of Gitschier, Vietto and hat-trick hero Doebel. New boy Fontaine also stakes a convincing claim for a starting place in our first-choice lineup by scoring the crucial first two goals. Smith will also be happy with his debut as he picked up an assist thanks to the brilliance of Doebel. Time to regain the ground we’ve lost.

POM: Sven Doebel (9.6, 3G, 0A)

Dortmund go even bigger for Sindelar, but the answer is still no.

Transfer News...

Another young talent with explosive speed joins. I’ll look to loan him out for the season.

Injury News...
Ivan Smith is out for four weeks, a real shame just days after making his debut.

Asensio has only just returned to training, and immediately picks up another month-long injury.

Bouchet rejoins Nice on loan. Kind of annoying, because he refused to be loaned back for the season when I was negotiating for him, which meant I had to pay 15.5m rather than 12m.

Fontaine wins the Premier League Young Player of the Month after his excellent performance last game out.

Gitschier and Doebel star for Germany, the latter scoring his first senior international goal.

I’ve named Joakim Nilsson as Sweden captain, replacing Albin Ekdal, who has missed the current squad through injury. Most people are happy, although John Guidetti feels he should have been made captain and so his morale drops to Abysmal.

Frano Kranjcar, who has just turned 17, just cannot stop scoring! A quadruple against Malta U21’s (including 3 in the first 6 minutes) is his second 4-goal haul in a row, and takes his tally to 14 in his last 5 games!

Nice job getting the first win looks like the season could be a challenge but, you have gotten going

and how is group f the group of death looks simple for Napoli and Barca will gent may struggle a bit thelot should easily get Europa :p

Thanks Meehar, nice to see you return to yours as well! :)

Just lots of scouting really. Scout as widely as possible, but don't buy every regen under the sun. Wait until you find one with the key attributes required to make them a top player in the role you want them to play. For example, my centre back Dusan Jurcik was rated at 4.5 stars by my scouts and there were plenty of others rated at 5 stars, but he had the best attributes in my opinion and so I backed my judgement. Now I'm turning down 40m bids for him and I'm confident he will be the world's best centre back one day.

Do you use any filters with your key attributes or do you change them as you go? If you use filters, is that something you would like to share?

I didn't know that Asensio could be that injury prone... Either that or he's faking them to force himself a way out from St.Mary's...^^U

Not the best start I reckon, after the Community Shield's loss came a loss against Wolves and a draw against the rams (quite the upsets there) but it seems that the team has started its recovery by beating the **** out of the canaries at Carrow Road (I kinda pity them XD).
In Europe you got quite a tricky group, Real Madrid is definitely a team that will make you sweat a lot in order to get any positive results and Dinamo Kyiv while it's a team of great renown is one of those teams that can always give you a scare if you're not careful enough (Legia will be lucky enough if they get a point at the end of the group stages though).

Things can only go better from here on, so chin up and work hard.

.P.S.: Jacques Bertin looks like he's 18 years old... on each leg (he's like the Robben's French secret son or something...)

I wouldn't sell Sindelar either.

Asensio seems a bit dumb, injuring himself when he wants somebody to come for him. Threaten him with breaking his legs.

Nice job getting the first win looks like the season could be a challenge but, you have gotten going

and how is group f the group of death looks simple for Napoli and Barca will gent may struggle a bit thelot should easily get Europa :p

Group F is the Group of Death to those of us who live in the real world :p

Do you use any filters with your key attributes or do you change them as you go? If you use filters, is that something you would like to share?

I don't have any filters, I just pick the attributes I think of at the time really

I didn't know that Asensio could be that injury prone... Either that or he's faking them to force himself a way out from St.Mary's...^^U

Not the best start I reckon, after the Community Shield's loss came a loss against Wolves and a draw against the rams (quite the upsets there) but it seems that the team has started its recovery by beating the **** out of the canaries at Carrow Road (I kinda pity them XD).
In Europe you got quite a tricky group, Real Madrid is definitely a team that will make you sweat a lot in order to get any positive results and Dinamo Kyiv while it's a team of great renown is one of those teams that can always give you a scare if you're not careful enough (Legia will be lucky enough if they get a point at the end of the group stages though).

Things can only go better from here on, so chin up and work hard.

.P.S.: Jacques Bertin looks like he's 18 years old... on each leg (he's like the Robben's French secret son or something...)

Yeah he has picked up a few injuries before but not quite two in a row like this I think. May not be a bad thing in terms of keeping him here

I felt bad for Norwich, they'd actually played quite well, they were just unlucky to be on the receiving end when we finally woke up.

Dynamo could definitely throw a spanner in the works, they're a decent side, and I'm sure Real will be keen to avenge the sound beating we gave them in the Quarters last year.

He is a funny looking bloke, so are a few of the regens, he's a decent player though

I wouldn't sell Sindelar either.

Asensio seems a bit dumb, injuring himself when he wants somebody to come for him. Threaten him with breaking his legs.

I'm glad you agree, 67m is a lot to turn down when there's so many regen strikers around.

Definitely dumb but hopefully it works in our favour. I have 3 or 4 months to change his mind now!

The post-match summary of my debut Sweden match says it all, as a combination of Thibaut Courtois and the crossbar denied us what would have been a deserved win against a world-class Belgian outfit. An encouraging performance other than the finishing aspect, as Belgium didn’t create a real chance all match.

Injury News...

Sindelar picks up an international duty injury. Somebody had to.

Gasperoni, Persson and Larsson all make their international debuts.

We are England’s top talent producer, and by a significant margin too!

Our second International was a friendly against Serbia. A late brace from their substitute striker Djukic consigned us to defeat after a decent, if toothless, display. For some reason our keeper Olsen, who made 4 saves but conceded twice, received a ridiculously high match rating and was named man of the match, which I can’t quite understand. Probably because he completed 29 of 30 passes, but he didn’t do his main job well enough.

Injury News...

#$&*^&@#(*&!!!!!!!!!!! Doebel, fresh off scoring a hat trick in his season debut and inspiring our first win of the season, will now miss 2 months with a nasty injury that could really damage him. I hate Internationals!

Gasperoni is already off the mark for Italy.

English Premier League - Game 4 - Watford FC (Home)

Injuries and tiredness after International duty have forced my hand with today’s selection, which features a number of rotation players, as well as a number of tired ones. The likes of Gitschier and Dimarco are rested, and hopefully this lineup is enough to win us the points. Tadic lines up against his former club for the first time.

In the 4th minute Watford flooded forward after clearing our corner, but Laporte won the ball back, and we countered swiftly, Miguel whipping in a cross for Vietto to meet with a bullet header to cap off the move and put us in front!

In the 17th minute Rodriguez’s low cross was met by Vietto, whose shot took the slightest touch off the keeper Karius, before hitting the inside of the far post, but stayed out!

Rodriguez teed up Vietto again in the 20th minute with his first touch, but Karius produced a strong save.

In the 54th minute Jacobsen bagged his first of the season as he redirected Lovell’s header from a corner into the net.

Five minutes later Jacobsen had his second as Vietto played him through and he slotted home from a very sharp angle.

Prins replaced Rodriguez in the 61st minute.

Wellington was on for Ward-Prowse in the 65th.

Vietto intercepted a throw in the 71st minute but after racing to the byline and cutting back, his shot flashed across the goal.

Nishimura replaced Chambers two minutes later.

Dragowski produced a ridiculous goal-line save to deny Deeney from no more than two yards in the 80th minute.

A comfortable win, and more importantly, our first clean sheet of the season. Vietto was a constant threat up top, Jacobsen bagged a brace and Fontaine was dangerous once more. Momentum is now on our side, and we’re climbing the table.

POM: Terje Jacobsen (9.2, 2G, 0A)

UEFA Champions League Group Stage - Game 1 - Dynamo Kyyiv (Home)

We should be able to beat Dynamo Kyyiv, even with this rotated lineup, and I’d be disappointed with any other outcome. The Ukrainians do have a very defensive lineup, so could be tricky to break down.

In the 11th minute we succeeded, as Dimarco’s cross found Rodriguez at the back post, and his header ricocheted in off the keeper, who couldn’t keep it out. His first of the season!

Just two minutes later we doubled our advantage through Jurcik’s powerful header from a Fontaine corner.

The pair combined again in the 22nd minute, this time from a free kick, but once more the header found the net, and Jurcik had his second!

In the 67th minute I watched as Nishimura sent in three crosses, all of which were cleared. Undeterred, he sent in a fourth, hoping to find it’s mark, which it didn’t. It found the net instead! Fluke of a goal, but we’ll take it!

In the 69th minute Candreva, Kranjcar and Süle replaced Fontaine, Persson and Jurcik.

No complaints from me as we schooled Dynamo from start to finish. Real Madrid matched our result as they gave Legia a hiding in Poland, but our result was against a stronger opponent. Solid performance.

POM: Dusan Jurcik (9.4, 2G, 0A)