Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck in the big game, I like the match preview and your overall layout is the cleanest on this site. I don't often follow stoies like this (prefer the novela type) but this is fantastic. Keep it up

giFiH.png

February Review
Getting Closer To The Finish
Last updated: 1st March 2011
feed.gif

1169927_full-lnd.jpg

Napoli, unbeaten in 3 months, were looking to extend their impressive run of form. Could they do it??

MATCHES

Napoli 2-1 Palermo - Maggio(24, 37)
610x.jpg

A tricky away game awaited Napoli, but they overcame Palermo to edge the game. Palermo started quickly, with pastore and Ilicic both having chances to give the hosts the lead. Napoli started to get into a rhythm, continually pressing the backline of Palermo, and they were eventually rewarded. Maggio stole the ball off Cassani, and swept his shot into the bottom corner. Maggio then scored his second, this time beating Goian to the ball before slamming the ball home. Palermo did start to dominate possession, but Napoli's defence stood strong, until the 84th minute, when Javier Pastore scored from a free-kick.
MoM - C. Maggio - Scored two, and constantly pushed forward to create chances.

Napoli 2-0 Lazio - Hamsik(6), Trochowski(71)
napoli-hamsik.jpg

Napoli continued their sensational run, defeating Lazio at Stadio San Paolo. Napoli started in their usual fashion, pressing forward from kick-off, and took the lead. Marek Hamsik received the ball on the edge of the area, before unleashing a powerful shot into the goal. The game evened out for a while, but as the second half got underway, Napoli's form came to light, as they started to find space in the final third. Piotr Trochowski ran from his own half, before cutting inside, and striking from the edge of the area, to make it 2-0.
MoM - P. Trochowski - First start for the German, and looked at home throughout.

Napoli 1-1 Inter - Lavezzi(9)
B5266ED2C3B73887A840C0B486B2.jpg

One of the most eagerly-anticipated matches of the season saw Napoli draw with Inter. A very bright start saw both teams score early. Milito opened, connecting with a Mancini cross to hand the visitors the lead. Two minutes later, A well-timed run from Lavezzi saw him score an easy chance to give the Partenopi an equalizer. Napoli’s backline held firm, much to the chagrin of the Nerazzurri faithful who showered their heroes with jeers as they left the pitch.Inter had the lion’s share of the possession but were unable to pierce the resolute hosts' back line and the crowd began to grow restless.
MoM - E. Lavezzi - Scored an important equalizer, which just keeps them in the title race.

bakvi.png
Europa League
PSV 1-3 Napoli - Trochowski(50), Cavani(57, 63)
Edison+Cavani+SSC+Napoli+v+Bologna+FC+Serie+pD-ssFsCaKDl.jpg

A fine away performance from Napoli saw them take a valuable win back to San Paolo. A very quiet first half saw both sides look to gain some sort of advantage, but neither took one. Piotr Trochowski seized the initiative early in the second half, slotting home the opener with 5 minutes gone. Cavani struck a second seven minutes later, powering a header beyond Isaksson. Within 6 minutes of the second goal, Cavani struck again, this time beating Vukovic, before slotting home from close-range. Roll on six minutes, and PSV pulled one back, Otman Bakkal striking from 25 yards to give the hosts a small glimmer of hope.
MoM - E. Cavani - Two goals, and an assist, top all round performance.

Sampdoria 1-1 Napoli - Cavani(87)
Edison+Cavani+ACF+Fiorentina+v+SSC+Napoli+1jiTLc0D42Hl.jpg

A trip to Genoa was next for Napoli, as they took on Sampdoria. A very quiet game, with neither side really creating any gilt-eged chances. Napoli's chances took a severe blow, with Camilo Zuniga sent off after 10 minutes, after a professional foul on Cassano. Midway through the second half, Giampaolo Pazzini struck for the hosts, giving them the advantage. Napoli's never-say-die attitude was on display, as Edinson Cavani struck with three minutes leeft, as the visitors snatched a point form the jaws of defeat.
MoM - M. De Sanctis - managed to save several good Sampdoria chances, keeping Napoli in the game.

bakvi.png
Europa League
Napoli 0-0 PSV
101104-055-Liverpool-Napoli.jpg

A superb defensive display from Napoli made sure they progress to the 2nd Knockout Round. Stuart Watson rung the changes for the game, with 8 first team players dropped, in favour of reserve and youth. Napoli's Rasmus Jonsson had the pick of the chances, hitting wide after 30 minutes.
MoM - R. Jonsson - Did very well leading the line. Could, and should have scored.

Fiorentina 2-1 Napoli - Cavani(68)
gaetano-d_agostino.jpg

A late penalty from D'Agostino resigned Napoli to their first defeat for 18 league games. Gilardino opened the scoring, with a well timed glancing header after just 5 minutes. The game turned feisty, with both sides receiving a handful of yellow cards. Napoli sprung to life after 68 minutes, as Cavani scored a poachers effort, giving the visitors a hope. However a Manuele Blasi foul gave Viola a late penalty, which was expertly dispatched by Gaetano D'Agostino. Vargas was sent off at the death for Fiorentina, but it was too late for Napoli.
MoM - J. Sosa - constantly tried to push foward, and assisted Cavani's goal.

xYBsE.png

League Table

zL2tG.png

After briefly occupying top spot, Napoli fall back to 2nd, Seven points behind Inter, and four ahead of Juve.

PLAYERS

A sour end to the month, but the side look primed to bounce back, after almost four months unbeaten.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH - Ezequiel Lavezzi

Piotr-Trochowski_g_1382318c.jpg

A very good start for the German, 2 goals, and looked happy throughout.

W9aXC.jpg

Stay tuned to the SSC Napoli official website, where you will hear all SSC Napoli news here...FIRST

Very Good, but should I take that tactic thing as a no?

Who's work cos Ill ask them? I really really want it lol

Is it in the fm10 or 11 section?

What is it called bro?

Very nice story, i'm enjoying the reading and one of the best stories on this forum if not the BEST!

Next update?

Awesome story, one of my favorites. May have to dump my Champions League winning Fiorentina side to start a Napoli game :)

Am definitely following.

Ahh, just caught up with this. Trochowski (sp) is a VERY underrated player so well done there, keep up the good form, one loss in 4 months is it? Great effort.

Very nice story, i'm enjoying the reading and one of the best stories on this forum if not the BEST!

Next update?

Toight at some pioint.

Good update, you'll need a bit if luck in league tho if your to pip Inter

Yeah, they have a tough run, Roma Juve and AC soon, so I may get the luck;)

Awesome story, one of my favorites. May have to dump my Champions League winning Fiorentina side to start a Napoli game :)

Am definitely following.

I like Napoli, you get nearly 10m at the start, and the squad is good as it is.

Ahh, just caught up with this. Trochowski (sp) is a VERY underrated player so well done there, keep up the good form, one loss in 4 months is it? Great effort.

He is a lot better than he looks at first.

Keep it up mate love it, the mid season review with the different tactics looks class.

Thanks mate :)

good draw with inter Stu

Have Napoli got a derby?

good draw with inter Stu

Have Napoli got a derby?

Yeah, two -

Del Sole Derby v Roma
delle due Sicilie vs Palermo

Although their list of rivals is huge, 12 teams are fierce rivals.

Yeah, two -

Del Sole Derby v Roma
delle due Sicilie vs Palermo

Although their list of rivals is huge, 12 teams are fierce rivals.

excuse my ignorance but is the palermo one the local derby?

Status
Not open for further replies.