Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither, both Roma and Palermo are quite a distance away. The nearest club to Napoli is Sorrento, who are in Prima Pro Divisione.

Just a quick question, how do you post screenshots because when I do it they come out really small and I thought maybe I'm doing it wrong. Cheers, keep the updates coming...

if youu dont mid me askinn,, where did youu get the facepack download from as im strugglinn to find a decent one. i look in the wrongg places thanks

if youu dont mid me askinn,, where did youu get the facepack download from as im strugglinn to find a decent one. i look in the wrongg places thanks

Faces are just the good old Sortitoutsi.net Megapack 3.0 with the 3.1 update.

Taking a short break, will be updating this weekend :)

---------- Post added at 05:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

giFiH.png

March Review
Crunch Time Closes In
Last updated: 1st April 2011
feed.gif

napoli-v-liverpool-image-2-655839069.jpg

As we draw towards the end of the season, Napoli are still actively participating on three fronts. Can the Partenopi continue through to the end?

MATCHES

Bari 0-0 Napoli
zuniga.jpg

A slow, rather poor performance saw Napoli drop points against opponents they should be beating. Ezequiel Lavezzi had a number of chances to score, as did Barreto, but neither teams seemed to have the edge to take the points.
MoM - C. Zuniga - Had a fantastic game, stopped everything that came his way.

bakvi.png
Europa League - 2nd Knockout Rd.
Liverpool 1-3 Napoli - Lavezzi(55), Wilson(og, 67), Cavani(90+3)
.jpeg

Napoli's impressive European run continued, as they defeated Liverpool at Anfield. The first half was evenly contested, as both sides had chances to take the lead. Napoli came out all guns blazing in the 2nd half. Lavezzi got past the last defender to set up a 1-on-1 chance, which was cooly converted. Napoli's advantage was doubled, as a Lavezzi cross was cut out by Wilson, who mistakingly put into his own goal. N'Gog pulled one back, latching onto a Poulsen through ball. Napoli secured the win late into the game, as Cavani powered a header home.
MoM - E. Lavezzi - A goal, and numerous chances, a solid game.

Napoli 1-1 Parma - Dossena(62)
Dossena-Napoli.jpg

Napoli's current indifferent League form continued, as they were held to a draw by Parma. Neither side seemed to be on top of their game, with both sides missing clear-cut chances. Hernan Crespo scored with an emphatic finish just as the 2nd half begun, albeit from an offside position. On 62 minutes, Andrea Dossena pushed forward, playing a delightful 1-2 with Hamsik to score the equalizer.
MoM - A. Dossena - Was impeccable. Scored, and constantly impressed.

bakvi.png
Europa League - 2nd Knockout Rd.
Napoli 5-2 Liverpool - Cavani(34, 62), Lucas(og), Veron(58, 85)
1270577825-soccer-uefa-europa-league-group-k-liverpool-v-napoli-anfield.jpg

Napoli's finest European night saw the side thump Liverpool to pass to the Quarter-Finals. Liverpool started brightly, with an own goal from Jonathan opening the scoring. Napoli struck back soon after, Edinson Cavani, heading home from a corner. An incredible Lucas own-goal saw Napoli take the lead. An incredible passing move saw youngster Carlos Veron open his account for the club. A quick counter-attack let Napoli score a fourth, Sosa providing an open goal for Cavani. A quick move saw Liverpool pull one back. An incisive Henriksen through ball sent Veron clean through, and the youngster had a simple finish.
MoM - C. Veron - Two goals, both well-taken, a bright future awaits.

Aggregate Score - Napoli 8-3 Liverpool

Catania 0-2 Napoli - Cavani(15), Maggio(55)
NapolimidfielderChristianMaggiocelebrateshisgoalintheItalianSerieAWeek9matchFIORENTINA_NAPOLIonSundayOctober252009intheArtemioFranchistadium.jpg

Napoli ended a fantastic month, beating out-of form Catania away. Napoli as usual started the brighter, passing with ease. Cavani opened the scoring, thumping beyond Andujar to make it 1-0. Catania created chances, but Stancu's terrible run continued, 13 games without a goal. Maggio found space in the centre to head home a Cavani cross, putting the points out of Catania's reach.
MoM - E. Cavani - A goal and an assist, a player in top form.

Sosnd.png

League Table

n0swf.png

Still sat 2nd, but Juve have caught up after being quite a way behind.

PLAYERS

A sour end to the month, but the side look primed to bounce back, after almost four months unbeaten.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH - Edinson Cavani

Edison+Cavani+SSC+Napoli+v+Bologna+FC+Serie+M0Fp9RlQJ85l.jpg

his scoring rate has dropped slightly, but the top draw performances are still there.

M6qSM.jpg

MATCH OF THE MONTH

A new segment that we at SSC Napoli have added, brining you the higlights of the match of the month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt1I1gFTF_E

Stay tuned to the SSC Napoli official website, where you will hear all SSC Napoli news here...FIRST

Last edited:
Great wins vs Poll Stu

good luck inb the next month

:)

GO3Fw.png

The Road To Dublin

Aviva-under-lights.gif

As Dublin's Aviva Stadium awaits two of the eight teams left in the UEFA Europa League, we take a look at each twam, and highlight their main dangerman.

C. Atletico Madrid SAD

50124.jpg

Atletico are the current holders of the Europa League. Possessing a feared and revered South American strikeforce, Atletico are one of the finest attacking sides in Europe.

Trophies - 1 - 2010 UEFA Europa League

Dangerman - Sergio 'Kun' Aguero - The finest young striker in Europe, possesses skills most players dream of. With only 2 goals in Europe this season, he will be looking to be the man to lead Atleti to retain their title.

Getafe CF SAD

87960.jpg

One of the newcomers in the competition, in only their second European appearance. Their last appearance saw them fall at this very hurdle, to the mighty FC Bayern.

Dangerman - Manu del Moral - A classy left sided player, who has made the transition to lead Getafe's line. Scored three, and will be looking to increase.

Juventus FC

50139.jpg

One of Europe's true powerhouses, Juventus are rightly named as the favourites to lift the trophy. A top defence, a work-horse midfield, and a incredible frontline, Juve are the team no-one wants.

Trophies - 3 - 1977, 1990 & 1993 Europa League(UEFA Cup)

Dangerman - Vincenzo Iaquinta - Truthfully, any of Juve's XI could have entered here. Iaquinta has bagged the goals, and has been the standout player in a stand-out team.

Manchester City FC

52919.jpg

Another fairly new addition to the European ranks, however, the current squad are making sure they stay here. Possessing some of England's best players, Man City are not to be underestimated.

Dangerman - Carlos Tevez - The tournament's top scorer with an incredible 15 goals, Tevez is playing his best football. His ability to score from anywhere makes him a serious threat to any side.

SSC Napoli

50136.jpg

Having lifted the trophy before, Napoli know what it takes to climb to the summit of Europe. With an incredibly talented mixture of skill, power and sheer force, Napoli are certainly capable of dislodging any team in Europe on their day.

Trophies - 1 - 1989 Europa League(UEFA Cup)

Dangerman - Edinson Cavani - One of Uruguay's finest exports, he has made a remarkable breakthrough in Serie A and Europe. Many clubs have longed for someone like him, and it is obvious why.

Paris Saint Germain

psg-v-grenoble_team2.jpg

The sole French representatives are the underdogs to many, but their side are no pushovers. having dispatched Leverkusen and CSKA Moscow, PSG are the dark horses.

Dangerman - Mevlüt Erdinç - The Turkish forward is the tournament's 2nd top scorer, and has become an integral part of PSG's and Turkey's squad over the space of this season.

VfB Stuttgart

50107.jpg

A veteran side in this competition, VfB have never managed to lift the trophy. However, ask any Die Roten supporter, and they will tell you it is their year.

Dangerman - Cacau - The Brazilian/German striker has shown a lethal touch this season, but has also shown inconsistency.

Zenit St. Petersburg

52826.jpg

One of two Russia's previous Europa League winners, Zenit have the strength in that they have climbed the mountain recently, and although key names such as Arshavin and Pogrebnyak are long gone, Zenit are still a force to be reckoned with. A side that have scored a paltry 3 goals.

Trophies - 1 - 2008 Europa League

Dangerman - Bruno Alves - The Portuguese defender is a clear favourite since joining. One of the top defenders in Europe, Zenit can be very confident when he is in the backline.

ifLgG.jpg

Who will lift the prestigious UEFA Europa League? Stay tuned to UEFA for daily reports and news.

That was actually one of my favourite updates so far even though there were no matches in it. Im loving your unique updates.

That was the best update on a FM Story ever :wub:

Very nice and quality updates, It has got to be story of FM-Base and Story of the year so far lol :p

Brilliant update with the Europa league infomation, possibly the best ever post on a story i've seen.

Keep up the good work :)

Best story i have seen in FM 2011
Hope to see more and great management

Subscribing, I love Hamsik, if you ever sell him I will cry.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Also which tactics are you using? Your own ones or downloadables?

Love this. Never looked at it before, but it's very good. I'm confident you'll win the EL, because that attacking threesome of Lavezzi, Hamsik and Cavani is top class. Hope you do well in Serie A as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.