Terminate FM2017:Pep Guardiola's Barcelona Tiki-Taka433&How 2 win all matches with it

beshion1943

Reaction score
Terminate FM2017:pep Guardiola's Barcelona Tiki-Taka433&How 2 win all matches with it

5.11th.2017: this is the final version. go back to focus on my job and see u in FM18!

Hi, here's Pep Guardiola's Barcelona Tiki-Taka433 for any updates of FM2017.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1,Stats
Win La Liga& Champions league in the 1st season with the original Villarreal guys.
View attachment 94805
View attachment 94804

2,Tactis
View attachment 94803View attachment 94798
NOTE:
Of course you can choose IFa& WBs pair on your left side to copy the most classic 2010-2011 season's Pep Guardiola's Barcelona completely.
However,it's highly recommended that you change your left IFa to IFs& left WBs to WBa to make your team unpredictable(the left WB will be fully used in attacking to help the left IF)& steady(the left IF will track back to defense to help the left WB) if you have players with proper contributions& PPMs(PPMs like Goes forwards, Moves into channels, Break-upoffside are good for IFa but negative for IFs).

2.1,Mentalities
This tactic includes 3 mentalities: Control, Balance& Counter.

a: choose a proper mentality carefully coz even the weakest opponent can be crazy in attack.
b: tweak your mentality if the opponent changes its mentality(it's common).
c: how to judge the opponent's mentality?

if your palyers are given too much space to dribble and pass, that means you should increase your mentality;
if your players are forced to be back to the opponent's goal and nearly can't turn around, reduce your mentality.

in the other hand, if the opponent's players are given too much space to dribble and pass, that means you should increase your mentality.

Anyhow, you can have some tests by S/L with different mentalities and you'll get my point and know what to do gradually.

2.2,Width& Defensive Line
My width& d-line settings are on the basis of Premier League teams' 105m×68m size pitch, tweak them when needed. in theory, if the pitch is much shorter/longer, drag back/push up your d-line a little bit; if it's much wider/narrower, reduce/increase your width a little bit.

Similarly, you can test when you play in strange size pitches(can i still pass& dribble& press as well as before if i keep the original width& d-line when my mentality is absolutely right?).

2.3,Marking, Pressing& Role
When you face different opponents:
(just like what some pics show,when change DMd to HBd, reduce the team width a little bit (i mean, minus "1") or you can't keep a proper with; unneccessary to change it when DMd to CMd.)
View attachment 113458
VS 41221:don't press NO.5 position in overall OI.

View attachment 113457
VS442: reduce CD's pressing to much less; increase WB's pressing to sometimes; DMd-->HBd& reduce his pressing to much less& tick his shot less often; team's width minus "1".

View attachment 113456
VS541: increase CD's pressing to sometimes; increase WB's pressing to sometimes; DMd-->CMd& tick his shot less often; don't press NO. 32&18 position in overall OI.

View attachment 113455
VS343:DMd-->CMd& tick his shot less often; don't press NO. 15&17 position in overall OI.

View attachment 113454
VS3232: reduce CD's pressing to much less; increase WB's pressing to sometimes; DMd-->HBd& reduce his pressing to much less& tick his shot less often; don't press NO.17 position in overall OI; team's width minus "1".

View attachment 113453
VS3322: reduce CD's pressing to much less; increase WB's pressing to sometimes; DMd-->HBd& reduce his pressing to much less& tick his shot less often; don't press NO.26 position in overall OI; team's width minus "1".

View attachment 113452
VS4141: increase CD's pressing to sometimes; increase WB's pressing to sometimes; DMd-->CMd& tick his shot less often.

View attachment 113451
VS4231 with traditional AM: no change.

View attachment 113450
VS4231 with
Shadow Striker: DMd-->HBd& reduce his pressing to much less& tick his shot less often; team's width minus "1".

View attachment 113449
VS4312: can't handle 2 CFs& AM at the same time actually.reduce CD's pressing to much less; increase WB's pressing tosometimes; DMd-->HBd& reduce his pressing to much less& tick his shot less often; don't press NO.27 position in overall OI; team's width minus "1".

View attachment 113448
VS4411 with traditional AM: increase WB's pressing tosometimes.

View attachment 113447
VS4411 with Shadow Striker: increase WB's pressing to
sometimes; DMd-->HBd& reduce his pressing to much less& tick his shot less often; team's width minus "1".

View attachment 113446
VS42121: DMd-->CMd& tick his shot less often.

View attachment 113445
VS42211:increase WB's pressing to sometimes.

View attachment 113444
VS433: can't handle 3 CFs at the same time actually. reduce CD's pressing to much less;reduce WB's pressing to much less;DMd-->CMd& tick his shot less often.

a:if your player gets yellow card, tick Ease Off Tackles in his player instructions ASAP.
b:more combination pairs in midfield like:CMd+BBMs+APa...
c:corner kick taker: opposite-foot player even if his corner-kick is low.

2.4,OI
View attachment 96621
a:when facing much quicker ML/R,AML/R, tick Never Closing Down.
b:when facing much quicker Central Forward when the opponent's using 442 or CF-AM pair tactics like 4231(especially the central forward has dribble-style PPMs), tick Never Closing Down.

2.5,Player attributions&Preferred moves
high Team work, Anticipation, Stamina, Decision& Composure for pass-pressing tactic.
say NO to conflicting PPMs,for example:for Su duty,"come deep to get ball",don't "go forward";for At duty,vice versa.
in fact it's optional to remove unsuitble PPMs by tools to improve your performance greatly if they just cant be trained to be removed after your try and try.

SKs:some rushout& acceleration
PPM:play way out of trouble

CDd:enough acceleration and speed. Left foot for left CD(or enough left-foot ability), Right foot for right CD.
PPM:play way out of trouble

right WBa
:acceleration,speed,off-ball,stamina,dribbling,crossing,flar... Right foot(some left foot ability).
PPM:go forward whenever possible, runs with the ball down the right flank, one-twos.

left WBa:acceleration,speed,off-ball,stamina,dribbling,crossing,flar... Left foot(some right foot ability).
PPM:go forward whenever possible, runs with the ball down the left flank, one-twos

DMd:some passing&heading
PPM: stay back

right APs:just follow the game requirements. Right foot(enough left foot ability).
PPM:come deep to get ball,dictate tempo,one-twos,pass rather than shoot.
say NO to conflicting PPMs,for example:go forward whenever possible

left CMa:enough dribble, off-ball, finishing, composure to score. Left foot(enough right foot ability).
PPM:go forward whenever possible,one-twos.

right IFs:don't ignore the team work.Left foot(some right foot ability).
PPM:come deep to get ball,cut inside,one-twos.
say NO to conflicting PPMs,for example:move into channels, anti-offside, go forward whenever possible, go to the opposition's area.

left IFs:don't ignore the team work.Right foot(some left foot ability).
PPM:come deep to get ball,cut inside,one-twos.
say NO to conflicting PPMs,for example:move into channels, anti-offside, go forward whenever possible, go to the opposition's area.

F9:just follow the game requirements, don't ignore the team work. Left foot(enough right foot ability).
Left foot is better in this tactic just like Messi, if you have a right foot F9, make sure his left foot ability is enough.
PPM:come deep to get ball, run with ball often, on-twos, killer ball(dictate tempo).
say NO to conflicting PPMs,for example:anti-offside,go forward whenever possible, go to the opposition's area.

Merry Christmas, thanx!

Last edited:
You have "team width..." on different pic's, what does that mean?
means reduce the width "one step"narrower(sorry for my english) like some pics have mentioned completely.

when you change your DMd to HBd to track back the opponent's shadow striker, you'll find your team's width's no longer proper unless you reduce it a little bit.
by the way ,in FM16 DLF& SS pair is popular in AI and in FM2017 CF& playmaker style AM is popular.

and when you change DMd to CMd, it's unneccessary to change the team width.

Hello, I have a few questiones.

1. U advice to change left IF to Attack but he is already on Attack (on the pic and file) but whithout correct PI's. Did U think about right IF maybe and what U have written is a mistake???

2. If I do those 2 advices (IF and WB ) it all will look like this (whithout GK role): 3xDefend, 3xSupport and 4xAttack???

3. Do U have problems with finishing??? I mean stats like 20 shoots and 8 on target?? and the opponent makes 3-4 shoots and wins???

4. Is it a bad idea change F9 to Complet Forward(S)???

5. When U play away matches do U check pitch size and when it is different than 105/68 do make those change U mentioned??

Thanks for answer.

P.S. It's really Good Job cause everething have sens and it's balanced!!!

Last edited:
Hello, I have a few questiones.

1. U advice to change left IF to Attack but he is already on Attack (on the pic and file) but whithout correct PI's. Did U think about right IF maybe and what U have written is a mistake???

2. If I do those 2 advices (IF and WB ) it all will look like this (whithout GK role): 3xDefend, 3xSupport and 4xAttack???

3. Do U have problems with finishing??? I mean stats like 20 shoots and 8 on target?? and the opponent makes 3-4 shoots and wins???

4. Is it a bad idea change F9 to Complet Forward(S)???

5. When U play away matches do U check pitch size and when it is different than 105/68 do make those change U mentioned??

Thanks for answer.

P.S. It's really Good Job cause everething have sens and it's balanced!!!
1,mistake,sorry:S. it should be IFa to IFs.
2,it's ok just like what pep did.
3,no. the most important thing is choosing a proper mentality, and of course familiarity(team& new players) is important too. the only one issue i'm thinking about is wheather untick work ball into box or not in Control.
4,bad idea,coz F9 is the only role which come the deepest back.
5,must be checked, or you'll loose every S/L in the shortter Anfield.

what's PS means? you've tested and the results are ok?
sorry for my english

Thanks for a answer.

PI means Player Instrucions.

I have tested your version from last patch but they brought new patch and U have written U will wait till they stop messing around. And i can remember that i was serching Your tactic every day cuz U are makeing it all in a way i like. I love the balance U have created!!! And when I'm talking about balance it means that everything in the system U play have a SENSE!!! I saw a lots of tactics with 3xF9 up front or 2xBBM in central mid etc.. sorry for a bad word, this is ******* bullshiet.

Now wahat about testing:

Your Last version was Great. After the patch I downloaded from steam worshop or scout.fm the tactics SCA Sholes Can't Tackle. And trought the Time U was creating the newes version I was playing AC Milan usuing SCA and few more others 433 type of tactics. I have won Seria A 3 times in row,1xCoppa Italia,1xItalian Super Cup and i get into CL final last seazon when i have lost with PSG 2-0:(. Now i gonna start 4th seazon starting with Your tactics from begining. My team knows 433 very good from last seazones so they will learn Yours one quick.
I will let U know about results when i will play some games.

And please can we go back to my 1st and second questions: so U advice the tactics looks like this:

---------------SK su---------------
--------CD de-------CD de
WB at-----------------------WB at
---------------DM de--------------
--------AP su--------CM at--------
IF su------------------------IF su
----------------F9 su--------------

??? cuz if yes now will be 3xDefend, 4xSuppotr, 3xAttack???

Merry Christmas mate

Last edited:
Thanks for a answer.

PI means Player Instrucions.

I have tested your version from last patch but they brought new patch and U have written U will wait till they stop messing around. And i can remember that i was serching Your tactic every day cuz U are makeing it all in a way i like. I love the balance U have created!!! And when I'm talking about balance it means that everything in the system U play have a SENSE!!! I saw a lots of tactics with 3xF9 up front or 2xBBM in central mid etc.. sorry for a bad word, this is ******* bullshiet.

Now wahat about testing:

Your Last version was Great. After the patch I downloaded from steam worshop or scout.fm the tactics SCA Sholes Can't Tackle. And trought the Time U was creating the newes version I was playing AC Milan usuing SCA and few more others 433 type of tactics. I have won Seria A 3 times in row,1xCoppa Italia,1xItalian Super Cup and i get into CL final last seazon when i have lost with PSG 2-0:(. Now i gonna start 4th seazon starting with Your tactics from begining. My team knows 433 very good from last seazones so they will learn Yours one quick.
I will let U know about results when i will play some games.

And please can we go back to my 1st and second questions: so U advice the tactics looks like this:

---------------SK su---------------
--------CD de-------CD de
WB at-----------------------WB at
---------------DM de--------------
--------AP su--------CM at--------
IF su------------------------IF su
----------------F9 su--------------

??? cuz if yes now will be 3xDefend, 4xSuppotr, 3xAttack???

Merry Christmas mate
also i hate the surreal 2BBM, 3CF... tactics.

the formation you list is right and you'll find 3xDefend, 4xSuppotr, 3xAttack is ok. the only thing i wanna remind u is that make sure your mentality is right all through the game coz the foxy AI's mentality changes all through the game. be carefull specially in important mathes.

and notice that go forward style PPMs do not suitable fo the IFs. Martial's run into channels PPM which seems like hard to be cancelled really troubles me sometimes .

For now I've played 8 games (W3-D1-L4). I dominated every one(possesion, shoots) but I lost 4 games.

I am losing my patient;)

Last edited:
well,i have unticked work ball into box in Control in my own game, but i cant decide wheather tick shoot on sight or not in Control.
about the keeper, i have unticked slow pace down in Balance( roll it out? i'm not sure) and tick distribute quickly in Counter(long quick thow? i'm not sure).

what do you think makes u lost the games, pal. do you think the work ball into box issue matters?

besides, have you bought many new players in the summer window and send them onto the pitch immediately?

For now I've played 8 games (W3-D1-L4). I dominated every one(possesion, shoots) but I lost 4 games.

I am losing my patient;)

well,i have unticked work ball into box in Control in my own game, but i cant decide wheather tick shoot on sight or not in Control.
about the keeper, i have unticked slow pace down in Balance( roll it out? i'm not sure) .
what do you think makes u lost the games, pal. do you think the work ball into box issue matters?

besides, have you bought many new players in the summer window and send them onto the pitch immediately?

Last edited:
about the keeper, i have unticked slow pace down in Balance( roll it out? i'm not sure) .

seems very detailed tactic but i did not understand the roles of players especially in the first photo that you uploaded.
i dont have wingbacks but i do have good left-right backs. how shall i play when i am at home and at away ?
i like to play 4-2-3-1 formation or 4-4-2.
what will the player roles be ?
thank you.

seems very detailed tactic but i did not understand the roles of players especially in the first photo that you uploaded.
i dont have wingbacks but i do have good left-right backs. how shall i play when i am at home and at away ?
i like to play 4-2-3-1 formation or 4-4-2.
what will the player roles be ?
thank you.
place your side backs into a advanced position is better for your attacking, you can train your side backs to wingbacks role if they have enough dribbling contribution.
in the uploaded pack, i've provided a untested 4231 which simulates Heynckes's Bayern.
which formation should we use? i like the position to postion theory which means: your amounts of central striker are the opponent's amounts of CD minus one, besides the others are postion to postion. for example:
one side the other side
442 343
433 4231
4231 433

Joachim Loew changed his formation like this when his Germany faced 352 italy in euro cup.

about 422, in fact it's a counter formation coz it only has 2 CMs which can't handle the 3 CMs formation like 433, 4231...
AFa
DLFs
IFs IFa/s

CMd APs

WBa CDd CDd WBs/a
SKs ???
i'm not sure

I did't change nothing, just follow your instrucions. I have bought 4 new players(3 for first eleven and 1 ona banch) and familiraty was allmost full. Only tempo was abot 65%. And like I said. I dominated all opponents (shoot, poss) bou they scoring. My many shoots is missed, many post and bars. So it usually look like this: I control the ball and game, make shoots and danger every opponent situation makes my worry. Its funny when I look to fixture:

:View attachment 112833

I was going pretty well till the game witch Juve:( I dominated tham as well but...

The play looks nice but more of shoots are from semi distance or distance and missed.
And beside opponent not doing too much shoots, his every action is danger and makes me screaming: "noo!! ****! nooo!! one shoot!!! this is bull... " :)

I still think this is good tactic but maybe I am not patient enough. I think part of those missed shoots could be changed for a pass on space to striker witch is almost(in third phase) playing on offside line and he colud run on one-on-one. What i mean is more combinated pass around box than stupide and useless shoots. There is 3 players witch support up front and non witch attack, maybe this is a problem but it looks great when WB's will come high:):):) and i that situation they should play more combinated than shoot. Another think is i can't recognize opponents mentality even with your advice. For me all mentalietes looks the same in defensive line:) Another thing is to big distance between both CM's and IF's+WB's. IF's and WB's are very closly on flanks i third phase and CM's are too far i think.

After lost with Juve at home 0-3 I was so angry that i deleted this tactic;) And after that i played diffrent tactics but i am sure i will come back to yours and gonna twick maybe something.

Last edited:
I did't change nothing, just follow your instrucions. I have bought 4 new players(3 for first eleven and 1 ona banch) and familiraty was allmost full. Only tempo was abot 65%. And like I said. I dominated all opponents (shoot, poss) bou they scoring. My many shoots is missed, many post and bars. So it usually look like this: I control the ball and game, make shoots and danger every opponent situation makes my worry. Its funny when I look to fixture:

:View attachment 1095087

I was going pretty well till the game witch Juve:( I dominated tham as well but...

The play looks nice but more of shoots are from semi distance or distance and missed.
And beside opponent not doing too much shoots, his every action is danger and makes me screaming: "noo!! ****! nooo!! one shoot!!! this is bull... " :)

I still think this is good tactic but maybe I am not patient enough. I think part of those missed shoots could be changed for a pass on space to striker witch is almost(in third phase) playing on offside line and he colud run on one-on-one. What i mean is more combinated pass around box than stupide and useless shoots. There is 3 players witch support up front and non witch attack, maybe this is a problem but it looks great when WB's will come high:):):) and i that situation they should play more combinated than shoot. Another think is i can't recognize opponents mentality even with your advice. For me all mentalietes looks the same in defensive line:) Another thing is to big distance between both CM's and IF's+WB's. IF's and WB's are very closly on flanks i third phase and CM's are too far i think.

After lost with Juve at home 0-3 I was so angry that i deleted this tactic;) And after that i played diffrent tactics but i am sure i will come back to yours and gonna twick maybe something.
do you know a new FM feature: player familiraty? not team familiraty, it's player familiraty means new player will spend more and more time to learn their new tatic. check it in like the pic.

well ,about the mentality choose, it's indeed the key to the games. let me tell you another way: when your player's taking(dribbling) ball, proper space's left to him by the opponents, it's ok. if he's dribbling for a longtime and no one comes to press him, increase your mentality; if your players are highly pressed and can't even turn around(your players are forced to be back to the opponents' goal , i mean.), reduce your mentaliy.
the distance?if you change DMd to HBd, you must reduce your width.
if your players are not strong enough,it's not bad to get a draw at juve's home and a 1-0 at meazza.

easy,pal , more coversations with girls and less Fm games.:D