• Views Views 9K

John Terry back as England captain?

• Yes

Votes: 72 44.7%
  • No

Votes: 89 55.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not bothered if he is or not to be honest, he done a great job before the incident but it was his own fault he lost the captaincy.

Also, probably not proberly.

John Terry is a superb back-to-the box defender. His tackling, aerial ability, aggression and marking are all second to none. What he isn't good at is playing a higher defensive line, where he is aware that his pace will be found and exposed.

I don't think he can be captain. He more or less burned all bridges (pun not intended - or is it?) with Capello when he criticised him publically. I would like Gerrard to be captain, or if not him some younger player who can grow into the role like Dawson. We overstate the role of captain in England anyway. In most other nations it is just symbolic, whereas here we tend to see them as an ambassador and the representation of the team as a whole.

Neall said:
Not bothered if he is or not to be honest, he done a great job before the incident but it was his own fault he lost the captaincy.

Bit rich criticising someone's grammar when you misuse the word 'done', isn't it?

I wouldnt have him in Uniteds.. It wasnt his place to say that, and to say it to the press, In the middle of a WC campaign showed a reckless and arrogant side of him, He honestly thought what..? He was bigger then Capello, The FA, England national team. He alienated the other players. Your defensive record means nothing on his ability, he has been nothing more then Average.

I wouldnt have him in Utds either but he would get in majority of others. In whats been a below par season Terry has been one of our most consistant performers this season, take it from someone who has watched every game. Like i said his comments at the WC was true, why hide away and pretend somthing wasent wrong when it was?

I wouldnt have him in Utds either but he would get in majority of others. In whats been a below par season Terry has been one of our most consistant performers this season, take it from someone who has watched every game. Like i said his comments at the WC was true, why hide away and pretend somthing wasent wrong when it was?

One it wasnt his place at the World cup..

two, even if it was, he should of done it in private, nnot through the media.

We will agree to disagree on his performances?

Bit rich criticising someone's grammar when you misuse the word 'done', isn't it?

Should be an 'A' before "Bit". Also where I talk like that as does everyone where I live, so I am correct.
It is also not a "bit rich" as he does it every time.

CJACKO11 said:
Like i said his comments at the WC was true, why hide away and pretend somthing wasent wrong when it was?

Whilst I agree with that in sentiment, not only was the way he went about it wrong, the timing and politics of the situation weren't right either. You can't criticise your boss - that is what Capello is to Terry, after all - in public. If you have a problem with him, you speak to him in public, not tell the media he isn't doing his job correctly.

Should be an 'A' before "Bit". Also where I talk like that as does everyone where I live, so I am correct.

It's fine. Where I come from, nobody uses the letter 'A' at the start of a sentence at all. Obviously, this makes me correct. Flippancy aside, there is no need for the letter 'A' to be deployed at the start of the sentence. The way I started and completed it was completely fine. Your latest example of a sentence however makes little to no sense. "Also where I talk like that as does everyone where I live" is not a sentence that fills anyone with confidence in your abilities as a grammarian. To top it off, I don't think you realise what the phrase 'a bit rich' means.

Jesus christ why do you care so much?? Are you an English teacher or somthing?? That or you have nothing better to do

what terry does off the pitch is his own problem, it does not affect his football, he is the best england captain since 66, was a great heir to beckham and should never have lost the captaincy in the first place. he is the only man for the job.

Personally, I'd like to see the whole England team revamped (sort of like I always try to do on FM. I rid England of Terry and Lampard.).

Terry, whilst a natural leader on the park, should never even be considered for the captaincy again. His display at the WC (the whole public thing about Capello) should have put paid to that.

For me, I can't really see past Scott Parker. The man has inspired West Ham to better results. And he's been constantly looked over for international duty.

The best thing to happen to England would be removing every single player from the big clubs and calling up younger players, or even players like Dawson.

And whilst I remember.... Provided Smalling is tutored by both Vidic and Rio (and lives upto his potential), he should be England, and indeed Man Utd's next captain.

Last edited:
what terry does off the pitch is his own problem, it does not affect his football, he is the best england captain since 66, was a great heir to beckham and should never have lost the captaincy in the first place. he is the only man for the job.

So the public image if one of the highest profile roles in england doesnt matter..? The trust of his team mates doesnt matter, the lack of respect he showed to his manager doesnt matter..?

So the public image if one of the highest profile roles in england doesnt matter..? The trust of his team mates doesnt matter, the lack of respect he showed to his manager doesnt matter..?
personally dont particularly care about his public image, the media are largely hypocrites, what matters more to me is how the team reacts. If capello and the team are happy, thats what matters

personally dont particularly care about his public image, the media are largely hypocrites, what matters more to me is how the team reacts. If capello and the team are happy, thats what matters

Our Public imagie is how we get sponsors to pay for such things as the Burton Centre, now everyone wants that.

our other captain missed a drug test, the other was in a bar fight, yet we still secure sponsorship, im sure it wont kill us if he comes back

It's a disgrace with how Capello has dealt with this, but on the other hand Ferdinand is well past his best now IMO...and he is also injury prone....Although I would of preferred Gerrard as Captain, just because of his inspiration....But John Terry is more than capable of leading us.

our other captain missed a drug test, the other was in a bar fight, yet we still secure sponsorship, im sure it wont kill us if he comes back

All different to Sleeping with a team mates Girl.

Different yes but none are morilly right are they?? The fact is that everyone makes mistakes and some people deserve a 2nd chance. His captaincy record speaks for itsself and i have no dout that he is the best candidate. Even Peter Shilton is backing the lad.

which is why i also talk about the team, like i said, if the squad is happy then it doesnt matter, and that is the crux of the matter

Different yes but none are morilly right are they?? The fact is that everyone makes mistakes and some people deserve a 2nd chance. His captaincy record speaks for itsself and i have no dout that he is the best candidate. Even Peter Shilton is backing the lad.

stealing wrong, but murder is worse, but people dont compare the crimes? Missing a drugs test is wrong, but sleeping with a team mates wife is worse. they are un comparable in terms of morallity.

And who cares what Shilton thinks, he isnt the manager.

which is why i also talk about the team, like i said, if the squad is happy then it doesnt matter, and that is the crux of the matter

Which is why i mentioned both, i seem to remember many sponsors threatening to pull out if Teryy stayed on.

Back