• Views Views 9K

John Terry back as England captain?

• Yes

Votes: 72 44.7%
  • No

Votes: 89 55.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It would make a true indication of what Capello wants, and that no one's safe if he gives it none of Gerrard/Terry/Ferdinand.

stealing wrong, but murder is worse, but people dont compare the crimes? Missing a drugs test is wrong, but sleeping with a team mates wife is worse. they are un comparable in terms of morallity.

And who cares what Shilton thinks, he isnt the manager.

Which is why i mentioned both, i seem to remember many sponsors threatening to pull out if Teryy stayed on.

You could arguably say Rio missing a druggs test was worse as it was somthing to do with football?? And i brang up Shilton because he said what everyone else is saying, Terry is naturaly the best leader and he is who you would want as your captain. Gerrard and co lead by exaple but JT leads by passion.

I think Capello should take a leaf out of Mike Bassett's book an give it to one of the players without a nickname ;)

Rules out Stevie G, Lumpard, JT, Ferdy and Roo.

stealing wrong, but murder is worse, but people dont compare the crimes? Missing a drugs test is wrong, but sleeping with a team mates wife is worse. they are un comparable in terms of morallity.

And who cares what Shilton thinks, he isnt the manager.

Which is why i mentioned both, i seem to remember many sponsors threatening to pull out if Teryy stayed on.
dont remeber any of that, would love to seem some articles where the sponsors say this

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Just skimmed through the article. I didn't find Rio saying anything. Capello said "If Rio is not happy"

Maybe i have missed something here.
love the BBC, well known for its accuracy these days

Why is Rio so ****** (if it's true)? He is going to be 33 this year already? He might not even be good enough or fit to play for England in the Euro 2012 anymore. Well...Terry is only 1 year younger..it might be the same thing for him.

Or do you guys believe they will be playing for england as starters in the Euro 2012?

Terry is the best option to be captain - Gerrard/Lampard are close 2nd.

The only problem is, this whole Bridge-saga means that Terry is no longer a good role-model for children..BUT he is still an amazing captain.

double-sided knife imo

we were doing well with him as captain and when we lost him as it it messed up - good choice imo

I would expect Rio to be professional about this because he is a genuine person. The first person that congratulated Rio when he was given the captaincy was Terry so there is definatly some relationship their and i would expect Rio to do the same if Terry is handed back the captaincy.

I would expect Rio to be professional about this because he is a genuine person. The first person that congratulated Rio when he was given the captaincy was Terry so there is definatly some relationship their and i would expect Rio to do the same if Terry is handed back the captaincy.

I dont think Rio would do something silly. He will be disappointed but he wont do anything that hurts the squad morale.

Like i said in the first page, England have so many natural leaders, they dont need arm band to act like one. Terry, Gerrard, Rio are all natural leaders.

a lot more issues to it than that computerholic

I dont think Rio would do something silly. He will be disappointed but he wont do anything that hurts the squad morale.

Like i said in the first page, England have so many natural leaders, they dont need arm band to act like one. Terry, Gerrard, Rio are all natural leaders.

Yer and although i agree with that i believe wearing that armband gives Terry more than it does to the other two.

But i think we should start to look at someone a bit younger in the next two/three years, i definately see Jack Wilshere as a future captain, but obviously not yet.

But i think we should start to look at someone a bit younger in the next two/three years, i definately see Jack Wilshere as a future captain, but obviously not yet.

He will have to get in the first team first but i can see Smalling being a future England captain.

a lot more issues to it than that computerholic
yes but i think there would be issues to pritty much anyone who was to be captain, i see Terry as a great leader and captain. So therefore, i believe he would be amazing captain again.

Back