• Views Views 9K

John Terry back as England captain?

• Yes

Votes: 72 44.7%
  • No

Votes: 89 55.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Wilshere will get it. He is only 19...and he has probly cemented his place in the starting line-up already. If you can say it already? Rodwell is yet to make his debut for the senior team. And he is probly some way of getting one?

I dont think Wilshere will get it now. But maybe in a few years.

Last edited:
I think Wilshere will get it. He is only 19...and he has probly cemented his place in the starting line-up already. If you can say it already? Rodwell is yet to make his debut for the senior team. And he is probly some way of getting one?

I dont think Wilshere will get it now. But maybe in a few years.

I wish we'd hurry up and cap Rodwell so we don't have to endure Barry any more.

When's Capello making the announcement?

I wish we'd hurry up and cap Rodwell so we don't have to endure Barry any more.

When's Capello making the announcement?

Who knows mate, he might do it tomorrow after he has had his chat with Rio or he might do it when he announces his team or at the press conference before the game. Who knows with Fabio lol.

Why is Rio so ****** (if it's true)? He is going to be 33 this year already? He might not even be good enough or fit to play for England in the Euro 2012 anymore. Well...Terry is only 1 year younger..it might be the same thing for him.

Or do you guys believe they will be playing for england as starters in the Euro 2012?

I would expect Rio to be professional about this because he is a genuine person. The first person that congratulated Rio when he was given the captaincy was Terry so there is definatly some relationship their and i would expect Rio to do the same if Terry is handed back the captaincy.

I think your fine Rio is annoyed because apparently Baldini told him on Sunday he would still be captain when he returns to the side, and without being told or spoken to, now Terry is going to be cptain again. This is capello showing no respect to Ferdinand in the slightest. If i was Rio and i got shown this much disrespect from Fabio, i would never play under him again. But this is fabio, the man full of contradictions.

I think your fine Rio is annoyed because apparently Baldini told him on Sunday he would still be captain when he returns to the side, and without being told or spoken to, now Terry is going to be cptain again. This is capello showing no respect to Ferdinand in the slightest. If i was Rio and i got shown this much disrespect from Fabio, i would never play under him again. But this is fabio, the man full of contradictions.
according to who, which source said this?

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

rio cant stay fit, hes gonna lose the captaincy for the same reason Vidic got it over him this season, Capello said that he needed a fit captain way back in the autumn

Well thats is all speculation really isent it.

Reports over the weekend, was that Baldini has told Rio he woud keep the job when he returns... Reports saying this afternoon that Terry will become Captain again..... Surely you didnt miss these reports.

RIO FERDINAND was told last night: You are still England captain.

The Manchester United star contacted assistant boss Franco Baldini to clarify his position.
He was alarmed by claims he could lose the skipper's job permanently to John Terry.
Baldini told Ferdinand it was all a misunderstanding.
An England source revealed: "Rio had a conversation with Franco Baldini and was reassured that he would continue as captain once he is fit again. Baldini was quite clear about his position."
But Terry, sacked as captain over his alleged affair with Wayne Bridge's ex-girlfriend, is set to assume temporary command.
He has been pencilled in to lead the team in the Euro 2012 qualifier against Wales in Cardiff on March 26, with Ferdinand likely to miss out through injury.
That will not impress Frank Lampard, who took charge for last month's friendly in Denmark.
Boss Fabio Capello has said the pecking order is Ferdinand, Steven Gerrard - also out injured - and Lampard. But the Italian now feels Terry can assume the captain's role again

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...o-Rio-Ferdinands-still-my-England-leader.html

I know your gonna say it is only the Sun. But there must be some truth for this story to be ran.

Reports over the weekend, was that Baldini has told Rio he woud keep the job when he returns... Reports saying this afternoon that Terry will become Captain again..... Surely you didnt miss these reports.

RIO FERDINAND was told last night: You are still England captain.

The Manchester United star contacted assistant boss Franco Baldini to clarify his position.
He was alarmed by claims he could lose the skipper's job permanently to John Terry.
Baldini told Ferdinand it was all a misunderstanding.
An England source revealed: "Rio had a conversation with Franco Baldini and was reassured that he would continue as captain once he is fit again. Baldini was quite clear about his position."
But Terry, sacked as captain over his alleged affair with Wayne Bridge's ex-girlfriend, is set to assume temporary command.
He has been pencilled in to lead the team in the Euro 2012 qualifier against Wales in Cardiff on March 26, with Ferdinand likely to miss out through injury.
That will not impress Frank Lampard, who took charge for last month's friendly in Denmark.
Boss Fabio Capello has said the pecking order is Ferdinand, Steven Gerrard - also out injured - and Lampard. But the Italian now feels Terry can assume the captain's role again

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...o-Rio-Ferdinands-still-my-England-leader.html

I know your gonna say it is only the Sun. But there must be some truth for this story to be ran.

The Suns storys have more holes in them than a Swiss cheese and you know that Scott.

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

rio cant stay fit, hes gonna lose the captaincy for the same reason Vidic got it over him this season, Capello said that he needed a fit captain way back in the autumn

Well thats is all speculation really isent it.

Well there must be some reason, Rio is ****** off, He was fine with Losing the United Captaincy, I guess because Fergie told him why and didnt tell him the job was his, before changing his mind.

. im not saying you are wrong (the sun could well be right), but the sun will print anything, especially if its something thats shows division in the camp

The Suns storys have more holes in them than a Swiss cheese and you know that Scott.

I know, but i honestly think that this is the most likely scenario, Rio has form of being happy being replaced as a Captaincy( aka Utd.) I guess Fergie told him he was bveing replaced hnce he accepted it, Why would he suddenly get annoyed at this....

Well there must be some reason, Rio is ****** off, He was fine with Losing the United Captaincy, I guess because Fergie told him why and didnt tell him the job was his, before changing his mind.
but we dont know that he has lost it for sure yet, or that he hasnt been spoken to yet

. im not saying you are wrong (the sun could well be right), but the sun will print anything, especially if its something thats shows division in the camp

but we dont know that he has lost it for sure yet, or that he hasnt been spoken to yet

I know that, But these reports must of come from somewhere... It is going to be a very interesting couple of days.

I know, but i honestly think that this is the most likely scenario, Rio has form of being happy being replaced as a Captaincy( aka Utd.) I guess Fergie told him he was bveing replaced hnce he accepted it, Why would he suddenly get annoyed at this....

But thats the point, we dont know if he is ****** off or not do we?? Yes the Sun have run a story saying so but that is it. Everyone knows the Suns reputation in the media and to take whatever the print with a pinch of salt.

But thats the point, we dont know if he is ****** off or not do we?? Yes the Sun have run a story saying so but that is it. Everyone knows the Suns reputation in the media and to take whatever the print with a pinch of salt.

Well we also have this BBC article saying he is ****** off... I know there is no direct quote from him, But it isnt impossible. And to Me, this is going to be very interesting. If Rio is replaced, i hope he comes out and says the truth..... Not some half **** official FA cover up, We deserve to know how our 6million pounds a year man dealt with this.

I know that, But these reports must of come from somewhere... It is going to be a very interesting couple of days.
i know, like i say im not dismissing the report entirely, it could well come from a reputable source, but yeah the next few days will be interesting. whatever happens it needs to be in the interest of the side, and im happy as long as it doesnt hurt the squad, and undo the good work in recent weeks (we looked like we were going somewhere with denmark game)

Well we also have this BBC article saying he is ****** off... I know there is no direct quote from him, But it isnt impossible. And to Me, this is going to be very interesting. If Rio is replaced, i hope he comes out and says the truth..... Not some half **** official FA cover up, We deserve to know how our 6million pounds a year man dealt with this.

Well some may say he dealt with it poorly in the first place in replacing Terry as captain just 6months before a WC.

Well some may say he dealt with it poorly in the first place in replacing Terry as captain just 6months before a WC.
most will say Terry left him with no choice, and every outcome was a bad one

Back