TFF's Tactics for FM18

TFF, why don't you have individual training focus identical to player roles?
I've noticed that strikers, midfielders and wingbacks have different training focus than roles.

the stats trained by those roles get more points allocated to them, those stats tff deems more important for the position

View attachment 71570

Jsut pluged into my Tuch save first season with Celtic due to Injuries on several players trying to get a good resoult vs Everton in the Europa League semi finals.... was not dissapointed - strikers.V4

Hi TFF, don't know if someone asked this before.
But there is any way of ignore the briefing message before every match?

Thank you

Hi TFF, don't know if someone asked this before.
But there is any way of ignore the briefing message before every match?

Thank you

Yes, there is. I think it's in the staff responsibilities section, you can just assign all of them to your Assistant Manager.

V5 works well with my Southampton side

000omns1.png

000omns_B.png

000omns_C.png

Last edited:
V5 seems to be unstoppable :)

I started a new save with Southampton(predicted 9th) to try it and won the league, Carabao Cup and FA Cup...

000omns1.png

000omns_B.png

000omns_C.png

Who did you play as your 3 strikers if you dont mind me asking?
Did you go left footed on the left and right on the right or?...

A few thoughts on this tactic (all tweaks but currently playing V5 3 strikers). Have used this for two & half seasons with Forest Green. Overperformed to get me back to back promotions L2 to Championship in 2 seasons, with a few wobbles along the way. Cash strapped so used a lot of loans & filters to find players i thought would fit the tactic, BBMs DPMs etc. Manged to find no problem finding strikers to get me 20+ goals & assists. Found it very difficult to protect a lead though, lots of 4-3 wins etc. Also, impossible to go a game without at least 3 yellow cards which seemed to have a negative effect on the tactic when i took booked players off Tackle hard - players not making tackles etc. Overall the tactic had much less bite.
Anyway this brings me to my current and first season in the Championship. Managed to sign a few more quality players & got off to a pretty good start, despite being tipped for relegation, beating favourites Leeds 4-0 at home in the opening game. THEN after a month however the wheels truly came off this tactic for me. A series of games where i'd often sweep into a 2-0 lead within 10 mins and end up with a 4-5 defeat, things like that. Almost every team would do this, even if I was way ahead on possession & leading comfortably they would have at least 20 shots on goal etc. & i would draw games 3-3 or ultimately lose. This culminated in a ridiculous Carabou cup game against Newcastle i lost 4-9. After a run of five defeats i decided i had to tweak & suddenly went on a five game winning streak using the V5 but changing it to CONTROL for H and CONTAIN for A. Sometimes switching, depending on the game & aso using for the first time, the WASTE TIME tactic. I managed to grind out five back to back victories and thought i'd cracked it. I then signed a couple of players in christmas window to 'improve' the squad and now all of a sudden i can't win or draw a game. Every game is a siege. I've also had to tweak the tactic to no hard tackling across the board. I was getting 5 or 6 yellow cards every game. This has led to a complete toothlessness in the tactic though. Awful to watch players just dancing around, not making a challenge
Anybody else used this tactic with lower level teams with any success?
Any tweaks or fixes to this tactic you can share?

Are the latetst versins of the amc and one stricker version still available? Because I sold all my strickers and bought amc's...

A few thoughts on this tactic (all tweaks but currently playing V5 3 strikers). Have used this for two & half seasons with Forest Green. Overperformed to get me back to back promotions L2 to Championship in 2 seasons, with a few wobbles along the way. Cash strapped so used a lot of loans & filters to find players i thought would fit the tactic, BBMs DPMs etc. Manged to find no problem finding strikers to get me 20+ goals & assists. Found it very difficult to protect a lead though, lots of 4-3 wins etc. Also, impossible to go a game without at least 3 yellow cards which seemed to have a negative effect on the tactic when i took booked players off Tackle hard - players not making tackles etc. Overall the tactic had much less bite.
Anyway this brings me to my current and first season in the Championship. Managed to sign a few more quality players & got off to a pretty good start, despite being tipped for relegation, beating favourites Leeds 4-0 at home in the opening game. THEN after a month however the wheels truly came off this tactic for me. A series of games where i'd often sweep into a 2-0 lead within 10 mins and end up with a 4-5 defeat, things like that. Almost every team would do this, even if I was way ahead on possession & leading comfortably they would have at least 20 shots on goal etc. & i would draw games 3-3 or ultimately lose. This culminated in a ridiculous Carabou cup game against Newcastle i lost 4-9. After a run of five defeats i decided i had to tweak & suddenly went on a five game winning streak using the V5 but changing it to CONTROL for H and CONTAIN for A. Sometimes switching, depending on the game & aso using for the first time, the WASTE TIME tactic. I managed to grind out five back to back victories and thought i'd cracked it. I then signed a couple of players in christmas window to 'improve' the squad and now all of a sudden i can't win or draw a game. Every game is a siege. I've also had to tweak the tactic to no hard tackling across the board. I was getting 5 or 6 yellow cards every game. This has led to a complete toothlessness in the tactic though. Awful to watch players just dancing around, not making a challenge

I'm not using this tactic, but one thing that makes all the difference and is often overlooked is team cohesion. No tactic will show it's true potential until your players have at least a "very strong understanding". Better yet if they are "willing to do anything for each other". And when you are constantly signing new players, your team cohesion suffers.

image.jpg

Last edited:

I'm been using V5 for Hampton and Richmond since I got to league 2. As like you have had back to back promotions and now in Championship. Similarly, I've relied on loans and fairly awful players who somehow get 20 + goals a season. Compared to other Championship teams I have very limited resources and my players are basically all league 1 standard. I've only played 5 games so far and have 3 wins, 1 draw and a win. Hopefully, my results don't spiral off like yours but my only advice is to follow the training on the OP, last season I struggled then changed the training and went on a 10 game winning streak. TBH though to get back to back promotions is good on its own so maybe your team is just not good enough even with such a good tactic.

I think I've said this a few times over the last week but do use Artisans team talk guide which is pinned at the top of the 2017 tactic section. it still works extremely well and adds a dimension!

Inconsistent

Have been really impressed with all the success stories using this tactic. I've followed the instructions to a T but fond it really inconsistent in my Arsenal save. I'll thrash Cheslea 5-1 one week then go down 3-0 to WBA the next. Anyone else having this issue or am I doing something wrong?

Back