I've made some of your tweaks (left and right central defenders but kept the middle one in central defender stoper / wing backs in defend) and it's working really well.

I'm playing with Hamburger SV and after 24 matches, I've lost only 1 friendly match against Man City (0:1), 2 draws against Juventus (friendly) and Barcelona in champions league and won everything else.
That's outstanding, considering my team as a good one, but not the best at all.

i am very glad that works for you! ive tested it with big teams and very small teams and that was working for me as well! i think mainly switching the central defenders! couse ball playing defenders are standing gigher up the pitch so it creates more chances for overlong balls and easy goals to concede, but as well they have more abillitys to create some attacking options! so for big teams BP-defenders could work very well but for underdogs i highly recommend switch for central defenders ;)

The best tactic I tried for this years FM. I created a new club and started from Division 6 in England. Now I'm in Sky Bet League One. I won 3 consecutive league titles. All the attackers scores, yet I concede lots of goals, but overall I find this tactic impressive.

TFF do you ever use touchline shouts ? Is it useful ?

TFF do you ever use touchline shouts ? Is it useful ?

I click demand more every 10 minutes and we concede less and score more frequently then if not. If we go up by 2 or 3 and the opposition gets two goals in a row I do "concentrate"

I click demand more every 10 minutes and we concede less and score more frequently then if not. If we go up by 2 or 3 and the opposition gets two goals in a row I do "concentrate"

maybe i am wrong but logicaly i think if the creators made an option i the game like "Game shouts" so they should do something! its only option what to choose! but basically its self explain (run forward, get tighty, concentrate)... i think its the same with opposite instructions... 90% of tactic creators not using them but i think if we can find a way it should improve tactics alot!

View attachment 1146528

Probably, This tactic is bad for Hertha Berlin

post your tactics page, your lineup up for the tactics and your squad dynamics. You can tell if the tactic works by

1. Team cohesion
2. Role familiarity
3. tactic familiarity (this only improves it still works as a plug and play)
4. Quality of wingbacks

Even in defeat this tactic works well when its set up correctly. You will still have plenty of clear cut chances created just sometimes you have bad luck with hitting the post/cross bar, missed 1 on 1's, red cards, blooper-type mistakes. If you review the game "post match" you still will create more Key Passes and Clear Cut Chances created.

Post these picks and I'll help you out

Y_cppl2NSTyUV39ruc02KQ.png

Tzahy have you ever tried to play with underdog team? believe its much more intresting! :) FM is build for succes with any club but its much more entertaining when you play with way smaller teams! and for bonus i can tell that for last 5 years playing fm the most intresting way is to take the team in the country where basicaly all your money is from european cups qualifications! like croatia, ukraina, bulgaria, romania and so on... i found that you test all major teams in EPL and all the time adding pics like that... 2 things TFF tactic and standing with man city, chelsea,liverpool with bassically smashing everyone! ohhh yeah before spend couple hundred millions on squad :) no judment its your way of playing FM but i trually recommend you to start a underdog save and felt much more exeitement! ;)

couls someone please posr links for the latest tactic with the time waste tactic and player filters also, when I click te links nothing happens???

those links were dead? i dunno how to download these tactics? when i click on them nothing happens??

i am very glad that works for you! ive tested it with big teams and very small teams and that was working for me as well! i think mainly switching the central defenders! couse ball playing defenders are standing gigher up the pitch so it creates more chances for overlong balls and easy goals to concede, but as well they have more abillitys to create some attacking options! so for big teams BP-defenders could work very well but for underdogs i highly recommend switch for central defenders ;)

Hi mate,

"Central Defender" and "Ball Playing Defender" roles have the same behavior during Defensive Phase(when your team out of possession), there's no difference at all between these roles during that phase.

The difference between these roles appears only during Attacking Phase, to be more specifically, at the moment when your central defenders have got the ball at thier feet, speaking other words, the only difference between these roles is their behavior with the ball.

So if you want to change your central defenders behavior during Defensive Phase (when your team out of possession) then changing their roles from "Ball Playing Defenders" to "Central Defenders" won't do anything at all, there are other tools with affect their behavior during Defensive Phase such as:

- changing thier duties

- changing their mentality

- changing D-Line settings

- changing their Closing Down setting

- changing "Offside Trap" settings

Last edited:
If my MCL have not " Left Foot - Resonable/Fairly Strong/Strong/Very Strong " should i train him on his weaker foot (left) ?

Hi mate,

Of course, it's a good thing when your MCL has Fairly Strong/Strong/Very Strong rating for the left foot and it's a good idea to try to increase it through "Develop Weaker Foot" PPM training but I must add that it's very hard to increase the weaker foot rating through "Develop Weaker Foot" PPM training if the rating is already "Reasonable" or higher and if the player is older than 24 years old, so if your MCL is younger than 24 years old and the left foot rating is less than "Reasonable" then I'd say it's worth trying to increase it through "Develop Weaker Foot" PPM but if he's older than 24 years old and he's already got "Reasonable" or higher rating for the left foot then I'd say it isn't worth trying becasue in this case the probably of increasing it any further is extremely low but I don't say that it isn't possible but the chance on successes is extremely low which means it can takes many years of trying without any successes.

Last edited:
Hi mate,

"Central Defender" and "Ball Playing Defender" roles have the same behavior during Defensive Phase(when your team out of possession), there's no difference at all between these roles during that phase.

The difference between these roles appears only during Attacking Phase, to be more specifically, at the moment when your central defenders have got the ball at thier feet, speaking other words, the only difference between these roles is their behavior with the ball.

So if you want to change your central defenders behavior during Defensive Phase (when your team out of possession) then changing their roles from "Ball Playing Defenders" to "Central Defenders" won't do anything at all, there are other tools with affect their behavior during Defensive Phase such as:

- changing thier duties

- changing their mentality

- changing D-Line settings

- changing their Closing Down setting

- changing "Offside Trap" settings

yeah it maight be true... its very difficult to said correctly couse i don't have that testing tools like you have, so i always listen what you said, but ive just retested that with those tweaks and defense improve alot! i stoped leaking average 3 a game... but maybe it was other factors as well need more time to chek it :)

! i took BARCELONA for test... amazing big team and i was still leaking! conceding average 3 goals a game! even if i score 4... su i think i found a solution! this remake needs a bigger test but results improve massivelly!

Mate, could you provide me with a game save where you play with Barcelona using Demolisher 3 Strikers V5 (shouldn't be tweaked) and you concede average 3 goals per game and there must be played at least 18 matches in the league.

I want to look at it.

Thanks in advance.