Anyone played this tactic with Asensio as a CM? He's transfer listed and available for 30 million and still only 23. Love the tactic and dominating everything with Bournemouth but not sure whether he would fit straight in without adjustments.

I played him as the left striker in my PSG save. super-productive

This tactic is simply amazing and I just set my Steam to offline mode in case there'll be any ME changes in the winter transfer update patch :p

Mate, If you look at the 2 previous FM versions FM17 and FM16 then you’ll see that the patches for those versions that had the window transfer update didn’t have any ME changes and the last patches with ME changes were released months ago.

For FM17 and FM16 SI stopped releasing patches that had any ME changes about 1-2 months after the game release so for FM16 and FM17 the game release happened in October-November and the last patches with ME changes were released in November-December.

The last few years practice showed that SI stops working on the current ME and starts working on the ME of the next FM version about 1-2 months after the game release.

For FM18 the last patch with ME changes was released at 17 December 2017, it was patch 18.2.0 and I’m sure that after that patch SI team that was responsible for the ME development stopped working on FM18’s ME and stated working on the ME of the next FM version, the same manner as they did in the last few years.

So I’d say the probability of seeing any further significant ME changes for FM18 is about ZERO…

Of course, there might be bug fixes such fixes for wrong commentary text appears during matches or the nasty bug when substitutions get match rating only if they played at least 25 min in the match but SI told that is a bug and it should be 15 min to get match rating so we can expect to see it’s fixed but as I said any serious work on the current ME stops after 1-2 months since the game release and SI starts to work on the next year ME.

P.S. I just want to add that I agree with many people that says that the current ME is a disaster and it hasn’t been improving for many years and as many of you I want to see some significant improvements of the ME but I'm 100% sure that for FM18 we won't see any ME changes.

Last edited:
Hi TFF9, first of I wanted to say thanks for the amazing tactic!!!

I know you have probably tested this so thought I would ask, but whats your opinion on putting one of the CB's to a HB position? When I do concede a goal its usually because of the space between the defense and midfield allowing for some one two passing which beats the 3 CB's. My thinking (I'm no expert lol) is that having someone sit in front of the ST would help block of some of the passes and the HB will be the first to the ball.
This is of course when vsing 1 ST opponents.

Would love to hear your thoughts even if its to tell me its wrong :)

Hi TFF9, first of I wanted to say thanks for the amazing tactic!!!

I know you have probably tested this so thought I would ask, but whats your opinion on putting one of the CB's to a HB position? When I do concede a goal its usually because of the space between the defense and midfield allowing for some one two passing which beats the 3 CB's. My thinking (I'm no expert lol) is that having someone sit in front of the ST would help block of some of the passes and the HB will be the first to the ball.
This is of course when vsing 1 ST opponents.

Would love to hear your thoughts even if its to tell me its wrong :)

Hi mate,

Yes, I've already tested the changes that you propose.

With such changes the efficiency of the tactic drops about 30-40%.

Last edited:
i only lost 1 game in all comps TFF9 thank you for making last 2 fms most enjoyable

Hi TFF,

I'm wondering for how many matches should I test tactics in order to get an accurate data about thier efficiency?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Hi TFF,

I'm wondering for how many matches should I test tactics in order to get an accurate data about thier efficiency?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Hi mate,

I can say that the number that you asking for is unique for each testing system and for one testing system that number can be found only after extensive using of this testing system and analyzing the date that it produces.

I can give you a tip that helps you more accurate to evaluate the efficiency of the tactics that you test with any testing system.

The tip is to pay less attention to Points and to pay more attention to Goal Difference… Why?

Let’s say you test “Tactic A” and “Tactic B” and due some reasons you can test each tactic only for 3 matches.

The test result of “Tactic A” looks like this:

Win: 2 - 1

Then we test “Tactic B” and its result looks like this:

Win: 10 - 0
Win: 10 - 0
Win: 10 – 0

Ok, both tactics won all 3 matches in the test and both tactics got 9 points after the test so if we look at the points that each tactic got after the test then we can assume that both tactics are equally efficient because both tactics got the same amount of points which is 9 points.

But what if we look at the "Goal Difference" instead of "Points" then we see that the Goal Difference of “Tactic A” is “+3” and the Goal Difference of “Tactic B” is “+30” so the "Goal Difference" tells us that “Tactic B” is about 10 times more efficient than “Tactic B”, if use common sense then we also come to such conclusion because if look at the match result of “Tactic A” then we see that it won all matches just by 1 goal advantage and it’s obvious that such advantage is very shaky but “Tactic B” won all its matches by 10 goals advantage and such advantages is like 10 times more solid.

As you can see “Points” is much less efficient indicator than “Goal Difference” when you compare the tactics’ efficiency, of course, if we would tested “Tactic A” and “Tactic B” for more than 3 matches then we also see some difference in “Points” too but anyway the difference in “Goal Difference” were much more accurate evaluation of the tactic’s efficiency than “Points”.

Last edited:
TFF did you ever use touchline shouts ? Is it useful ?

TFF did you ever use touchline shouts ? Is it useful ?

Hi mate,

Touchline Shouts works the same way as Team Talks but they are much less efficient than Team Talks.

By issuing Touchline Shouts you can try to modify your player “Morale” and “Body Language” during match.

For example, if you see that some of your players have “Seems Frustrated” Body Language(this information can be seen at Body Language Widget) and low Morale during the match then you can issue “Encourage” Touchline Shout to try to encourage these players and if you succeed then their Body Language might change to something more positive than “Seems Frustrated” and their Morale might get boost.

Touchline Shouts gives you a chance to modify your players “Body Language” and “Morale” during match and of course, you should use them if you want to maximize your result but as I said its efficiency is much lower than Team Talks efficiency so I wouldn't overestimate the importance of Touchline Shouts using.

Last edited:
Its Salah show

Te9sgqFYRF_a0Zk6LRtV_w.png

By far and once again, best tactic this year...

Thx, U're the GOAT !!!!

Hey TFF, great work as always. Any chance of updating your strikerless 343? I know it's not as high scoring as using 3 strikers, but it can still be very effective, and the kind of football played is much nicer to watch, with the goals being better distributed among all positions. I'm using a strikerless tactic myself with good success.

Hey TFF, great work as always. Any chance of updating your strikerless 343? I know it's not as high scoring as using 3 strikers, but it can still be very effective, and the kind of football played is much nicer to watch, with the goals being better distributed among all positions. I'm using a strikerless tactic myself with good success.

hey mate, which 343 are you using?