TFF's Tactics for FM18

I started a new save with Wolfsburg (predcited 6th ) to try V7 and won the league over Bayern and Dortmund

Can't wish for more :)

Acccc.png

Last edited:
You pray, or you put mentality to the highest, or you ask the team to 'demand more' or 'push forward'.

What do you do if the game is coming to an end and you absolutely need to score? Is there another tactic for that just like the time wasting one?

Yes, from 70-75 mins....and i never conceded a goal after then, sometimes in fact score one more by counter attack...

Guys, do you switch to the waste time tactics once you're in the lead?

Yes, from 70-75 mins....and i never conceded a goal after then, sometimes in fact score one more by counter attack...

Never earlier? Say you scored after 5 mins? Would you switch to the time wasting tactics?

And I can't seem to get the time wasting tactics to high fluidity. Any tips?

Well, I tested and it's decent at best. It's great if you're on a pretty good team and have tons of money to hire excellent players (that said, you don't really need a fantastic tactic to win then)

I find this tactic concedes WAY TOO MANY goals. I hire players with the attributes and PPMs the thread says, but I suffer at least one goal every match, mostly from crosses. Last season I ended in 8 at Premier League and I suffered over 70 goals that season, it was one of the worst defenses of the league. So if you're unlucky and your team can't score (it happens often), you'll very likely lose the game. Now and then I suffer very bad defeats too (like 3-0 to Southampton).

Of course not....then football will be boring in the game and in real life.....worst maybe after 60mins....but i always did it after 75mins....
If you want to SUS after 5mins, maybe you should start using another tac....

Never earlier? Say you scored after 5 mins? Would you switch to the time wasting tactics?

And I can't seem to get the time wasting tactics to high fluidity. Any tips?

Of course not....then football will be boring in the game and in real life.....worst maybe after 60mins....but i always did it after 75mins....
If you want to SUS after 5mins, maybe you should start using another tac....

It could be a scenario where you're Wigan v Man City you know...

Have to say v6 of this tactic is insane! Finished my first season with Utd winning everything except the league which I lost to Chelsea away on the last game of the season.

Yes you can say I’m Utd blah blah. But I sold, Romero, Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Valencia, Blind, Fellaini, Carrick, Young, Darmian, Mata. And only promoted from within the club and signed players on Youth contracts or 17yrs or below.

Second season son is going even better. Already won the Comm Shield, Euro SC, Club world championship. Am currently in Jan sat at the top of the league on 55 points 8 points clear of Chelsea plus I have 2 games in hand and + 50 GD already. Signed Kane start of second season to replace Zlatan and James Wilson who i sold. Most still playing youth.

The results are most impressive here is some of the big wins-

Palace 5-0 home
Bristol City 7-0 away
Leicster 4-0 away
Spurs 4-0 home
Pool 4-1 away
Boca 7-1
Al Duhail 9-0
Watford 6-0 home
Shakhtar 6-1 home
Saints 5-1 home
Besiktas 8–1 home
City 4-0 home
Fulham 4-0 away
Bournmouth 4-1 away
Shakhtar 5-1 away
Plezen 5-0 home
WHU 5-0 home
Palace 4-0 away
Leeds 7-0 away

Scores goals for fun and only conceded 15 so far. Top scorers so far till Jan Martial 33, Lukaku 20, Rashford 25, Kane 32 :)

Dont think I will be going onto v7 just yet ;) hope for a clean sweep of trophies this season :P great work TFF!!

I'd still be very hesitant to do so, you sit very deep and give up alot of possession with the waste time tactic, you'd be just as well using team shouts instead of switching as it doesn't give up alot to the opposition. If you're two goals up with say 70mins left, by all means switch but in the scenario you gave, 1-0 up as Wigan v Man City 5mins in, you're most likely going to suffer.

It could be a scenario where you're Wigan v Man City you know...

Not a fan of the new V7 at all, concedes way too many goals and gets too many people sent off. V1 overload was more solid IMO.

Not a fan of the new V7 at all, concedes way too many goals and gets too many people sent off. V1 overload was more solid IMO.

It was the opposite for me. Didn't even noticed it until I realized that I hardly ever need to pause the match to get the player to ease off tackles. Used to do it a few times every match

It was the opposite for me. Didn't even noticed it until I realized that I hardly ever need to pause the match to get the player to ease off tackles. Used to do it a few times every match

Possibly the club I tried them both with (Cowdenbeath), but for me the difference was like night and day.

Either something happened to the match engine, or this latest tactic hasn't been tested thoroughly. But I've been conceding like crazy since version 7 (and I'm playing a top team). Scoring isn't a problem, but my defense is leaky as ****. Latest games, I drew 6-6, 3-3 en lost 5-4. Not normal. Hope TTF finds a solution, always appreciated his efforts.

V7 is a monster on steroids :)

I started a new save with Wolfsburg (predcited 6th ) to try it and won the league over Bayern and Dortmund

Can't wish for more :)

Acccc.png

Hi Pal

Great result! Could you say who was your main goalscorer?

Thanks!

Back