Position/Role training

So I'm new to this site and using these tactics, I've played the game a lot over the years just using my own mind and nothing else. Had a try of this tactic on a Arsenal game where I'm doing just slightly better than you'd expect in my second season and I beat Man City 6-0 in my first game!!

I just have one question, what is the reason behind the training for each position being different to the selected role on the pitch? So for example why do you train the strikers as Trequartista when their role on the field is Advanced Forward??

So I'm new to this site and using these tactics, I've played the game a lot over the years just using my own mind and nothing else. Had a try of this tactic on a Arsenal game where I'm doing just slightly better than you'd expect in my second season and I beat Man City 6-0 in my first game!!

I just have one question, what is the reason behind the training for each position being different to the selected role on the pitch? So for example why do you train the strikers as Trequartista when their role on the field is Advanced Forward??

i'm sure he said something like training them as a trequartista will focus on better/more important attributes than the actual position they play.

these numbers arent official but the way i see it is normally an attribute would get lets say 0.1 added to it whenever an increase happens, but with the focused role training the attribute would get 0.2. TQ training for a striker has the most important attributes for a striker according to tff

What position should I play Emil Forsberg in?

He's got very good attriubtes to play the strikers positions in the tactic but he hasn't got Natural raiting for STC position so you need just train him to play STC position and I'm sure he'll do great there

JUST A TIP!

I won all the games that we consider hard away games against such as Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal with same attacking mentality but click on more disciplined, stick to position and highly structured team shape. Try and see guys. Cheers!

This advice has had a huge impact on my Southamton team. Won six big matches in a row after I changed to these settings.

He's got very good attriubtes to play the strikers positions in the tactic but he hasn't got Natural raiting for STC position so you need just train him to play STC position and I'm sure he'll do great there

I had in one of my saved and he did really great as one of the strikers

Hi! I started a new save, unemployed, playing FM Touch. I picked 15 leagues, and instantly got a job with Werder Bremen (my initial reputation was set on automatic). Using first V5 and then V7 version of the tactics, I finished two seasons with Werder, both finishing as 2nd in Bundesliga, and reaching two semi finals of the DFB Pokal. At the start of the third season, Bayern offered me a job and I accepted. They didn't win Bundesliga in those seasons. They bought Paulo Dybala before I arrived. In my first season I won Bundesliga easily, and reached DFB Pokal final, losing it to Borussia Dortmund. What suprised me most was droping from my Champions League group with Juventus, Sporting CP and Dinamo Zagreb, losing first three games, 1-2 (A) Dinamo Zagreb, Juventus 0-1 (H) and Sporting CP 0-5 (A)!, while maintaing excellent form in Bundesliga. Later, I finished 3rd in the group and went to Europa League, where I knocked CSKA Moscow and then got knocked by Basel on away goals. They had 3 shots in the reverse fixture and scored 3 goals (no suprise in FM, I guess). At the start of the second season I bought Pietro Pellegri, Andres Christensen, Dele Alli and Marco Asensio, as Bayern has a transfer budget over 200 million €. I sold James Rodriguez, and some minor players.

My question is; why do I have problems in Europe? I have a great team and I play matches on instant result, as there is no team talks in FM Touch. Are press conferences before matches so important that they can determine the result of the game?

Thank you! Hrvoje

This tactic (V7) is pretty insane. I'm currently in season 2025/2026 with Arsenal, having won 5 PL titles, 4 CL titles and more with for the most part a 4-2-3-1 tactics. The last season I got bored and built a 4-4-2 tactic with 2 Segundo Volante (because the role seemed like fun). Won both the PL and CL with the tactic, but it didn't work in a optimal way. When this season started I started out against Man City, going ahead 2-0 just to drop to 2-2 in the second half. Next game? 0-0 against West Ham. I got ****** and switched to this... And I basically haven't lost since. Won the league with 6 games to go, 34W, 2D (the first 2 games), 0L. I lost in the Carabao Cup to Spurs on penalties (so basically a draw) whilst resting all my ordinary players, and lost 2-3 in a meaningless CL Group Stage game, also resting a lot of players.

I have previously managed to keep PL Record to about 1L and 3-4D but hoping to improve on that. I still have 6 more games to go and I won't be resting my best players unless I have a important CL-game a few days after. I want my first unbeaten season.

Great tactic TFF!

Do you know his CA/PA?

I agree, this tactic is simply not good enough for away games. It is just not on TFF's standards. Normally his tactics destroy all opponents like in fm 16 or 17 (im a fan of tff tactics), but in 18 it is just not the case (until now). I would like him to change something about this issue. I am struggling in all of my away games, it doesn't matter who the opponents are.

I haven't tried the tweak though. I will give it a try.

This post shall not criticize TFF's work in general, just this tactic is not good enough in my opinion.

Here's my first season with Atalanta, predicted 9th

I played with V7 and won the league and UEFA Cup

I find that V7 plays very beautiful football and delivers amazing results :)

001atohh77.png

004atohh77.png

Hi

Could you post your strating eleven?

Thanks

i didnt come up with it but just download v7 then change to highly structured, then tick stick to position and be more disciplined. thats it, no more changes

Hi El Wray do you change you mentality for away/more difficult games?