I have the same leaky problem on away games with V7... not been playing FM for couple of weeks, but now started new save with Newcastle (Default squad no transfers) and been very dissapointed how tactic perform on away games after last patch (i know theres no huge ME changes but still...) I finished in 4th place wich is very good result!
But Just look at my conceded goals! I started used your high structured/stick to positions tweak in very big games i even started to play as defence as possible like counter mentality, narrow withd and so on! Nothing works! in tottal i had 9 games where i conceded 3 or 4 goals :///

View attachment 60379 View attachment 60378

I have the same leaky problem on away games with V7... not been playing FM for couple of weeks, but now started new save with Newcastle (Default squad no transfers) and been very dissapointed how tactic perform on away games after last patch (i know theres no huge ME changes but still...) I finished in 4th place wich is very good result!
But Just look at my conceded goals! I started used your high structured/stick to positions tweak in very big games i even started to play as defence as possible like counter mentality, narrow withd and so on! Nothing works! in tottal i had 9 games where i conceded 3 or 4 goals :///

View attachment 1153812 View attachment 1153813

Dude, you picked Newcastle one of the weakest team (predicted 15th ) in the most challenging league (EPL) in the game and you made no transfers but you managed to finish the 4the place and got Champions League spot the next season...

I would call such result is simply amazing :) but you are complaining... sometimes I just don't understand people... :O

Last edited:
Dude, you picked Newcastle one of the weakest team (predicted 15th ) in the most challenging league in the game and you made no transfers but you managed to finish the 4the place and got Champions League spot the next season...

I would call such result is simply amazing :) but you are complaining... sometimes I just don't understand people... :O

i am complaining not about league table, but about conceded goals :) yeah i know i should shut up and be happy but those games where i concede 4:0 and it doesnt matter its man city or bournemouth! just made me smash my sofa :)) i don't mind to lose 1:0, 2:0 but when bournemouth smashing me 4:0 is driving me crazy :))

i am complaining not about league table, but about conceded goals :) yeah i know i should shut up and be happy but those games where i concede 4:0 and it doesnt matter its man city or bournemouth! just made me smash my sofa :)) i don't mind to lose 1:0, 2:0 but when bournemouth smashing me 4:0 is driving me crazy :))

Have you thought that the amount goals you conceded will become lower and lower every time you make improvements to your team?

Just think if it was possible to win every match with default Newcastle team without conceding a single goal then the game would lost any sense because there weren't any need to improve your team at all.

What was the point having such players as Messi or Ronaldo in your team if you could easily win everything having any random players in your team?

Have you thought that the amount goals you conceded will become lower and lower every time you make improvements to your team?

Just think if it was possible to win every match with default Newcastle team without conceding a single goal then the game would lost any sense because there weren't any need to improve your team at all.

What was the point having such players as Messi or Ronaldo in your team if you could easily win everything having any random players in your team?

i repeat myself once again, its not about winning every single game, but its crazy amount of goals conceded... i am very surprise how that TWEAK works for people couse for me its not work at all. and even with default newcastle squad i still hate to lose to teams like stoke or bournemouth 4:1 thats the main thing which drives me crazy... i simply don't want to believe that its totall ME randomnes and there is no medicine to twist things around and stop conceding so much on away games

i repeat myself once again, its not about winning every single game, but its crazy amount of goals conceded... i am very surprise how that TWEAK works for people couse for me its not work at all. and even with default newcastle squad i still hate to lose to teams like stoke or bournemouth 4:1 thats the main thing which drives me crazy... i simply don't want to believe that its totall ME randomnes and there is no medicine to twist things around and stop conceding so much on away games

I also repeat myself once again... have you though that amount of goals conceded and the quality of your players are connected?

Your attackers might be not good enough or it would be better to say they aren't much better than the opposition's defenders which means your attackers lose the ball easily and often so your opposition gets many chances for counter-attacks so that's why you conceded some extra goals.

Or you defenders might be not good enough or it would be better to say they aren't much better than the opposition's attackers which meant that the oppositions attackers are always smarter and faster than your defenders and that's why you conceded some extra goals.

i repeat myself once again, its not about winning every single game, but its crazy amount of goals conceded...

Pick any of top club, for example, Man City or Chelsea and finish 1st season then check the amount of goals conceded with these clubs and you'll see that it's about 2-3 times less than the amount of goals conceded with Newcastle and if you'd ask me then I find it's how it should be.

When I play with top clubs and use V7 I usually have the best defense in the league and an average I conceded about only 25 goals in per season in the league.

Last edited:
i repeat myself once again, its not about winning every single game, but its crazy amount of goals conceded...

Here's my 1st season with Chelsea

Look at the amount of goals conceded

Do you really expect having similar stats with the default Newcastle team, the 1st season? Seriously? :)

dwd22222.png

again, i agree with your comment, and it tottaly make sense what are you saying, but my point is those away games where i concede LOTS of goals average 3 or 4! even to the teams like stoke ir bournemouth (with default squads aswell) and im not playing plug and play... tryin everything as i mentioned before... discipline, stick to positions, narrow withd, highly structed... later even counter mentality... nothing works :) well i will start second season soon and will post how my away games going ;)

again, i agree with your comment, and it tottaly make sense what are you saying, but my point is those away games where i concede LOTS of goals average 3 or 4! even to the teams like stoke ir bournemouth (with default squads aswell) and im not playing plug and play... tryin everything as i mentioned before... discipline, stick to positions, narrow withd, highly structed... later even counter mentality... nothing works :) well i will start second season soon and will post how my away games going ;)

Again... have you thought that what a tactic can do has some limits ?

Just try to pick any non-professional club in lower leagues and play against Barcelona's best starting eleven and you'll see that whatever tactic you use you'll be lossing every match by 5-7 or more goals... you can try to use any formation, any mentality.... it won't matter... you always will be conceding 5-7 or more goals and your team won't be scoring any goals.

I’m the same but just can’t compete financially with the likes of Man Utd, City and Chelsea as Huddersfield.

you dont need to, good use of tff's filters can get you good players. though i am in the portuguese league which is worst than the epl

View attachment 60364

^^ bought this guy for 300k when i was in the 3rd division in Portugal

View attachment 60363

this guy for 190k when i was in the 2nd division

instead of putting all stats down by 1 to find a player, i change how many stats are matches to the filter.

youre in the premiership, getting 80m for tv rights, im getting 4m >.< ha

TFF, any plans to test the highly structured tweak? Particularly to look at away games?

leaking goals like a sieve, especially long curling ball and finished at the far post

the highly structured tweak has probably been the most consistent thing i've used on fm18 so far. i've had success with lots of different tactics (mainly knaps) but every so often i would hit a brick wall and go on a bad run. the hard away games i find are almost impossible no matter what you do (although so far this tweak has brought a bit of success in them aswell) but it's always been the weird home games against the bottom teams that i always end up drawing 0-0 for some reason. i do have a really strong team as i'm in 2031 (i still think i'm weaker than city, united, chelsea and a couple of others overall due to their spending power) but that hasn't stopped me losing or drawing silly games still, at least until i started using this tweak anyway.

having said that since i started using this tactic i have been using the *** man on a consistent basis to pick my team for me. i've used him a lot in the past but i do often rotate to keep players happy and that's where i seem to drop so many points. even though my second string side is incredible it obviously has a huge impact on the team performance. so yeh i'm not entirely sure whether it's this tactic that has turned things around for me or whether it's been me just not rotating as much. maybe i'll try some different ones later without rotating and see how it goes.

edit: i'll post some results later

View attachment 60273

love this tactic :D i play this tactic from 3rd season(now), my the best success is 1/4 CL(with Kean, Kluivert, Fernandes, Montes, Patricio, Lirola, Acuna, Podence - now all without, so it will be hard - the best squad is visible on image), so i'm waiting to play further stage in CL(now group stage) :)

EDIT: I used throught 2 seasons tactic Unstoppable Attacking

Last edited: