Charlton Athletic: Halfway point season 2, still V5
Media prediction 21st

View attachment 1153973

By the way... Is this bad?
View attachment 1153975

im huddersfield in april and i have 58m debt. they start off with around that much overall debt but they restructure it.

if you get promoted then you should make more than you lose and if you invest well in players then it shouldnt be an issue.

atli madrid, real madrid and barca have worse debts than that

I can't remember a crazy game like this one! First Champions League game of my career... I think the pictures are enough, 7 goals in 10 minutes is absurd! I was using the tweak posted a couple of pages ago!

View attachment 60179

View attachment 60178

Tried the tweak version for a few games...
*** 19 Goals - 4 against - Just incredible *** (4 match)

it would be interesting if other people could also share their results with tweaks

Do you find m8 that your left striker performs better than your central striker or do u think there about the same. Also what are the strongest foot ratinging , good results m8

First season (league one) the central striker was the best. Second season (championship) the left one was a bit better I dont know if it had something to do with Jordan Rhodes, who I played in the middle, being a bit slow. Didnt check the foot rating but all three were right footed.

Do you find m8 that your left striker performs better than your central striker or do u think there about the same. Also what are the strongest foot ratinging , good results m8

Mate, when you've got 3 identical strikers at STCL/STC/STCR positions then their stats look like this after 95 matches:

STATS 1
Strikers_Stats_1.png

STATS 2
Strikers_Stats_2.png

Usually, the central striker scores more goals than the side strikers; the side strikers do more assists and dribbles than the central striker; the left strikers do slightly better than the right striker

BTW... Guys, check this thread it might very useful - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-efficient-tactics-play-football-manager.html

Last edited:
Mate, when you've got 3 identical strikers at STCL/STC/STCR positions then their stats look like this after 95 matches:

STATS 1
Strikers_Stats_1.png

STATS 2
Strikers_Stats_2.png

Usually, the central striker scores more goals than the side strikers; the side strikers do more assists and dribbles than the central striker; the left strikers do slightly better than the right striker

BTW... Guys, check this thread it might very useful - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-efficient-tactics-play-football-manager.html

So it means that STC should have the highest Finishing (from three strikers) and STCL and STCR better e.g. Passing, and Crossing than STC?

STATS 1
Strikers_Stats_1.png

STATS 2
Strikers_Stats_2.png

Very interesting especially for someone like me always trying to have a single striker scoring the most! Obviously PPM's will also play a role (I trained wide strikers to 'try killer balls often', 'look for pass instead of shooting', 'refrain from taking long shots' and also 'come deep to get ball', which helped a lot making them more willing to pass/assist the central ST, albeit in a different 4-3-3 tactic), and attributes like 'vision' and 'teamwork' are also important. Also, I think playing inverted foot wide strikers (as suggested in your set-up) help them crossing the ball closer to centre or near post as they use their weaker foot, while wide players seem to have a very strong tendency to play high crosses to far post (regardless of instructions) often going over the central ST (I think this happens since patch 18.2)

Have you maybe tested the 'likes to beat offside trap' PPM for the central striker? Used to love that trait for a striker but has not been successful for me probably since FM12...

Hey tff mate, i am playing manu and i play pogba as my MCL and on the MCR i want to use matic but he is left footed, so do i need a mirror version? if so could you please help me. thanks alot mate

How important is the libero goalkeeper? My goalkeeper isn't really a libero

So it means that STC should have the highest Finishing (from three strikers) and STCL and STCR better e.g. Passing, and Crossing than STC?

I'd say it's very important that all 3 strikers have the highest "Finishing" possible because they score about 80% of all goals in this tactic so your result with this tactic greatly depends on their ability to use their scoring chances, it's simply that the central striker usually have about 25-30% more Scoring Chances than the side strikers so he scores about 25-30% more Goals then the side strikers.

When it comes to “Passing” then usually the side strikers have just about 25-30% more Key Passes than the central striker so I’d say it’s important that all 3 strikers were capable of producing good passes.

When it comes to “Crossing” then usually the side strikers have about 5 times more crossing attempts than the central striker so I’d say ability of producing good crosses is much more important for the side strikers than the central striker and usually the central striker produce very small amount of crosses.

When it comes to “Dribbling” then usually the side strikers have about 2 times more dribbling attempts than the central striker so I’d say ability of producing successful Dribbling is more important for the side strikers but the central strikers also has a lot of dribbling attempts so an ability of producing successful dribbling is also important for him too.

Have you maybe tested the 'likes to beat offside trap' PPM for the central striker? Used to love that trait for a striker but has not been successful for me probably since FM12...

Mate, I'd say that if you teach your central striker “Likes to try to beat Offside Trap” PPM then with this tactic it will have about only about 5% or less impact on his behavior in matches so I find it's very insignificant.

Thanks Tff brilliant info, its nice playing FM again as I've not played for a while.

Mate, to say honestly FM18 is a big disappointment for me…

Last edited: