TFF's Tactics for FM18

Last edited:
I use this all the time...

View attachment 1155440

Mate, if you keep using “Match Tactics” as the main focus for Match Preparation after the Tactical Familiarity becomes “Fully Fluid” then it means that you will be wasting your Match Preparation for nothing because the only thing that “Match Tactics” focus does is increase the rate at which the Tactic Familiarity gets familiarity.

At the screenshot below you can see where you can check the tactic familiarly level of your tactic and if you see that it’s fully fluid then you should change Match Preparation from “Match Tactics” to something else.

image.png

For example, settings “Attacking Movement” as Match Preparation gives your players slight temporary boost to their attacking attributes for the next match.

Or settings “Defensive Positions” as Match Preparation gives your players slight temporary boost to their defensive attributes for the next match.

If the Tactic Familiarity is fully fluid already but you’ve still got “Match Tactics” for Match Preparation then you just waste your Match Preparation because you won’t get any benefits for the next match in this case.

Last edited:
Hi all,
can you explain me invidiual training focus please?
For example goalkeeper - in tactic is Sweeper Keeper - in description is Individual Training Focus - Goalkeeper...
and others players have other training too.
Thank you and sorry my english

Everything is very simple.

By choosing between many different Individual Training Focuses for your player you can determine which of his attributes should have higher chance to increase compare to other his attributes and it’s simple as that.

When I suggest choosing “Trequartista” Individual Training Focus for STCL/STC/STCR positions in this tactic then it means that I find that “Trequartista” Individual Training Focus trains the best possible combination of attributes for STCL/STC/STCR positions in this tactic.

SI gave every Individual Training Focus names that are similar with the roles in order to help beginner players because when you set Individual Training Focus for some of your players that are similar with his role then most of time you won’t be too wrong about it but setting the individual training focuses for all your players according to their roles doesn’t mean that you do the most efficient thing possible, for example, there are a lot of default tactics in the game but I’m sure that no one thinks that these tactics is the best what you can get and the same logic with the Individual Training Focuses.

It’s important to understand that it’s only you who knows what players do in your tactics because the behavior of every default role can be changed drastically by adding PIs and TIs, for example, two tactics have CM position that has Central Midfielder role but it possible to make that this CM position played very different in each tactic so it means that for CM position in each tactic you need different type of players with defferent attributes even they've got the same role in the tactics.

Also, it’s important to understand that it would be very naïve to expect that SI just tell you which attributes are “overpowered” and the most useful in the current FM version. Only by playing the game you can find out it, for example, you might find out that if your striker has “16+” Composure then it works like magic, he scores 100% of his chances from any distance so knowing that you might want to start training Composure attributes of all your strikers at the first priority.

Last edited:
Is there any team who fits the tactic with the 1st season squad at the beginning ?

Is there any team who fits the tactic with the 1st season squad at the beginning ?

I've just recently started a new save with Arsenal (my old save was Arsenal as well, but wanted to play with the winter update) and it works well with them. You have three good strikers in Auba, Lacazette and Wellbeck (injury prone though), with Mikhtariyan and Iwobi who also can play one of the R/L-strikers. For the two in the middle I would recommend perhaps one new signing (Milinkovic-Savic / Arthur / Diawara etc) to go along with Ramsey, Özil, Elneny etc, but it's not a must. You have Wilshire in there as well. Where you should spend your resources are at the back three - Mustafi is solid Koscielny works the first season or two, Chambers and Holding will do but the depth isn't really there. Also, you should have a look at the wingbacks - I got rid of Monreal, Bellerin and Kolasinac are thriving but behind them there not much. Chambers fills in well on the right side, but I've had to use Maitland-Niles on the left (he's fairly good), but when Kolasinac got injured for nine months I were in a bit of trouble.

I would suspect that any team with good depth on the defense as well as a couple of strikers / attacking wingers should fare well with this tactic.

Are people using tweaks of TFF's original tactics or are the first post ones still good to go?

Are people using tweaks of TFF's original tactics or are the first post ones still good to go?

Pal, spend few minutes of your time and check the latest pages in this thread and you'll find out what people are using

It isn't hard.. really

Here's my 1st season with Chelsea

Look at the amount of goals conceded

Do you really expect having similar stats with the default Newcastle team, the 1st season? Seriously? :)

dwd22222.png

Hello

Great result you got with Chelsea, Lucas!

The stats look amazing

Could you tell where you played Eden Hazard?

Thanks

Trying to get a head of youth that prefers this as a tactic so is it a 5-2-3 or something else

Its very sad that in the last years on FM the 3strikers and 3cd outperform the other formations....hope they change this in FM19

Back