TFF's Tactics for FM18

Its very sad that in the last years on FM the 3strikers and 3cd outperform the other formations....hope they change this in FM19

Not going to happen! Very little (if anything) has changed in the game in the past few years. That's why I'm not that into the game anymore and my gaming hours have been seriously declining. Good thing is that the game doesnt **** me off like it used to few versions ago when I was more invested. :D

Here's my first season with Atalanta, predicted 9th

I played with V7 and won the league and UEFA Cup

I find that V7 plays very beautiful football and delivers amazing results :)

001atohh77.png

004atohh77.png

Hey

Did you use the waste time tactic?

Last edited:
Hey TFF, one thing that is quite obvious is that this might be the best tactic to play for FM18, however, it definitely does concede quite a few goals as well. In a lot of results' screenshots posted by users as well, it is evident that even with established squads and bigger teams, the amount of goals conceded is getting more than >1 per game for the season.

Is there any alternative version, which might be a bit less efficient in scoring that huge amount of goals, but instead provide quite a few clean sheets along the way (can the v8 with 1ST, 2AMs be used for example?).

That way, this v7 with 3STs can be considered an Attacking version, while the one suggested above (or you know better which one) can be used as a Defensive version. And waste time version being already there, will make this a perfect set to be used.

it definitely does concede quite a few goals as well. In a lot of results' screenshots posted by users as well, it is evident that even with established squads and bigger teams, the amount of goals conceded is getting more than >1 per game for the season.

Dude, I really don't know what your conclusion is based on but I can tell you that you are wrong about it

Check this thread and you'll see that when people use V7 with clubs from Top 4 in the league then they usually concede less than 1 goal per match

Just above your post rabbitx posted his result with Roma, it can be seen that he conceded just 27 goals after 38 matches played in the league and that means less than 1 goal per match

Of course, when people use V7 with the weakest teams in the league then they concede more than 1 goal per match and I find it should be like that :)

When I use V7 with Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Barca, Real Madrid then I usually concede no more than 25 goals in the league at the end and as I said you can go through this thread and see that people post similar result when they use V7 with those clubs

Last edited:
Dude, I really don't know what your conclusion is based on but I can tell you that you are wrong about it

Check this thread and you'll see that when people use V7 with clubs from Top 4 in the league then they usually concede less than 1 goal per match

Just above your post rabbitx posted his result with Roma, it can be seen that he conceded just 27 goals after 38 matches played in the league and that means less than 1 goal per match

Of course, when people use V7 with the weakest teams in the league then they concede more than 1 goal per match and I find it should be like that :)

When I use V7 with Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Barca, Real Madrid then I usually concede no more than 25 goals in the league at the end and as I said you can go through this thread and see that people post similar result when they use V7 with those clubs

Appreciate your comments. I stand corrected for the season 21/22 screenshot above. But if you remember, up until last year's top tactics by TFF, the amount of goals conceded by the big teams were crazy less (even < 0.5 per game).

Anyways, don't you feel, a defensive version of this tactic would be possible by sacrificing the crazy amount of goals scored by a little percentage?

2/2... Also, check post # 1364, the amount of goals conceded in the first 2 seasons is 44 and 47, even though the number of goals scored is actually equally impressive since the beginning (> 100).

The Away version of the tactic would be great idea, I'm playing instant result so I cannot use waste time tactic, v7 is great at home but using it with underdog away is suicidal;)

2/2... Also, check post # 1364, the amount of goals conceded in the first 2 seasons is 44 and 47, even though the number of goals scored is actually equally impressive since the beginning (> 100).

Yep i agree. There's no need to be defensive about it, the tactic is obviously great going forward but even so just some suggestions on how to hold the lead without resorting to drastically defensive tactics would be helpful.

I really struggled in away games with this tactic and lost lots of games with 4-3
type scorelines. But there are often times I was 2 goals up.

Doesn't have to be from TFF, has anyone else found a tweak just to tighten up at the back?

Check the Media Prediction table in Serie A at the 1st season

Roma is predicted to finish 5th so this club is outside the top 3 clubs and also as far as I know Roma fits poorly 5-2-3 formtaion so it requires rebuilding the team to fits the tactic well

Taking all above into consideration I wouldn't expect to have "perfect stats" with Roma during the first 2 seasons and for me it would already be good enough just to finish above the 5th place...

I really don't know what you expect from tactics in FM... maybe, you are looking for a tactic that you can use with the weakest team and get a win in every match with 0 goals conceded and 10 goals scored... wouldn't it be much easier just to use some editors to cheat in this case? :)

mskprfe.png

Last edited:
I dont think anyone is saying they want a perfect tactic. The point is when the tactic is used with middle tier teams, it can concede heavily (while still being a good tactic) and particularly away from home.

Does anyone have any tweaks or suggestions that may help concede less, even if that means you lose some of the attacking potency of the tactic?

I dont think anyone is saying they want a perfect tactic. The point is when the tactic is used with middle tier teams, it can concede heavily (while still being a good tactic) and particularly away from home.

Does anyone have any tweaks or suggestions that may help concede less, even if that means you lose some of the attacking potency of the tactic?

I think there was one suggested by MrNobody1903 to try Highly Structured (with Attacking mentality still), Stick to Positions, and Be More Disciplined but I guess not a lot of people tried it (myself included), so we don't have enough convincing feedback.

I think there was one suggested by MrNobody1903 to try Highly Structured (with Attacking mentality still), Stick to Positions, and Be More Disciplined but I guess not a lot of people tried it (myself included), so we don't have enough convincing feedback.

People want fm to be as realistic as it can be .but in real life not a lot of teams out of the top 4 of any competition go out play away matches with 3 strikers up front unless they have to like roma did out of desperation against barcelona .

Simple tweak would be to move one striker and bring him to a defend cm or a cdm . Also moving wb back to make a back 5 straight across would work .

Guys, here's some common sense:

- by alone the amount of goals you conceded with your tactic in some match is a completely irrelevant thing because you don’t get points based on the amount of goals you conceded in that match

- by alone the amount of goals you score with your tactic in some match is a completely irrelevant thing too because you don’t get points based on the amount of goals you score in that match

- the only thing that matters is scoring more goals than your opponent in that match because only that gives you the maximum number of points

- I can give you a tactic that concede about 30% less goals than this tactic but it also gets about 30% less points… would it make you happy? :)

And at the end I want to add the most important thing that everyone should understand:

- FM is just a PC game and it might be that in this game when you use the most defensive tactic possible then you still concede 2-3 goals per match and you have only 2 choices : 1) accept it or 2) uninstall the game

I see that many people wrongly think that it must be possible to create a tactic that will satisfy all their wishes, like not conceding a single goal or scoring 100 per match or strikers score 100 goals per match or wingers scores 100 goals or it must be 4-2-3-1 formation and so on… for god sake… guys, there’s no guaranty that something like is possible in FM and it’s already a miracle if you found a tactic that allow you to overachieve above your media prediction… :) The faster you understand it, the better for your mental health ;)

Last edited:
Hey tff mate, how do you use you youth players in your team? do you sent them out for loan or would you use them in your rotation? thanks for everything you done.

Hey tff mate, how do you use you youth players in your team? do you sent them out for loan or would you use them in your rotation? thanks for everything you done.

Hey mate,

I don't send my players on loan because I prefer to control thier development and that isn't possible if you send them on loan

If I buy a young player then he must be good enough for rotation or at least to participate in some not important matches during the season

i use the highly structured/be more disciplined/stick to position tweak and its doing well. im doing a journeyman save and im in 2061 with benfica, been here 3 seasons and in those seasons i conceded 20,34,18. in the season i conceded 34 i also went unbeaten so conceding isnt the end of the world. ive also won the champions league 2 years in a row and losing in the final in the 3rd season.

View attachment 58695No doubt this is the best tactic on FM18, and one of the best on FM history. Not only because of I win, my team playing so successfull attack football. Passes, coresses.. I mean everything is great. So fun system to play. Thank you TFF!

Last edited:
Back