TFF's Tactics for FM18

Guys, here's some common sense:

- by alone the amount of goals you conceded with your tactic in some match is a completely irrelevant thing because you don’t get points based on the amount of goals you conceded in that match

- by alone the amount of goals you score with your tactic in some match is a completely irrelevant thing too because you don’t get points based on the amount of goals you score in that match

- the only thing that matters is scoring more goals than your opponent in that match because only that gives you the maximum number of points

- I can give you a tactic that concede about 30% less goals than this tactic but it also gets about 30% less points… would it make you happy? :)

And at the end I want to add the most important thing that everyone should understand:

- FM is just a PC game and it might be that in this game when you use the most defensive tactic possible then you still concede 2-3 goals per match and you have only 2 choices : 1) accept it or 2) uninstall the game

I see that many people wrongly think that it must be possible to create a tactic that will satisfy all their wishes, like not conceding a single goal or scoring 100 per match or strikers score 100 goals per match or wingers scores 100 goals or it must be 4-2-3-1 formation and so on… for god sake… guys, there’s no guaranty that something like is possible in FM and it’s already a miracle if you found a tactic that allow you to overachieve above your media prediction… :) The faster you understand it, the better for your mental health ;)

Well said, TFF

I agree with you

and thanks for the great tactic! :)

- by alone the amount of goals you conceded with your tactic in some match is a completely irrelevant thing because you don’t get points based on the amount of goals you conceded in that match

- by alone the amount of goals you score with your tactic in some match is a completely irrelevant thing too because you don’t get points based on the amount of goals you score in that match

- the only thing that matters is scoring more goals than your opponent in that match because only that gives you the maximum number of points

- I can give you a tactic that concede about 30% less goals than this tactic but it also gets about 30% less points… would it make you happy? :)

And at the end I want to add the most important thing that everyone should understand:

- FM is just a PC game and it might be that in this game when you use the most defensive tactic possible then you still concede 2-3 goals per match and you have only 2 choices : 1) accept it or 2) uninstall the game

I see that many people wrongly think that it must be possible to create a tactic that will satisfy all their wishes, like not conceding a single goal or scoring 100 per match or strikers score 100 goals per match or wingers scores 100 goals or it must be 4-2-3-1 formation and so on… for god sake… guys, there’s no guaranty that something like is possible in FM and it’s already a miracle if you found a tactic that allow you to overachieve above your media prediction… :) The faster you understand it, the better for your mental health ;)

Best post ever. :) My FM18 number one rule is: enjoy the game, have fun. For example I was not having fun playing with any of the 3-2-2-3 around, altough I was winning a lot. And now having a ball playing 4-2-4, even though the results are obviously less consistent, but more realistic... Stop complaining and accept realism, or if you want to be Mourinho or Guardiola in just 6 months in the game use TFF's or some other 3DC+3ST tactics.

Last edited:
I think the tactic works better with instant result.

Anyone else has this perception?

Enviado do meu ONE E1003 através do Tapatalk

v7 is great at home but using it with underdog away is suicidal;)

Hi White Europe,

I don't agree with what you said...

I like to play with small clubs, especially, I like to play in English Premier League because I find it's the most challenging league in the game, there are a lot of good teams in EPL and it's always extremely hard to do good with any team there.

When I use V7 with any small club in EPL then it always gives me the best result compare with any other tactics.

Recently, I started a new save with Bournemouth, it's one of the weakest clubs in EPL, the media prediction is 16th but I finished the 2nd place and also won FA Cup :)

v7brm1.png

View attachment 58623 View attachment 58624

Here's the away record table

I got almost the best result for away matches in the league and that with one of the weakest team in the league...

awayssss.png

White Europe, I can say that I've tried a ton of other tactics for FM18 but none of them couldn't give me such great result but if you know one that can do better then tell me and I'll be glad to try it and post my result with it… :)

Hey TFF did you ever think make a 4-4-2 (diamond/wingerless) tactic? That's my favorite formation and i can't make a good tactic with that..

Used this tactic whit Gloucester in the lower leagues.
I have killed it had over 100 points my top scorer had over 40 goals.

So keep using this same as last year i used your tactics

The mrnobody tweak (highly structured, hold positions and be more disciplined) is working really well for me. Doesn't seem to effect it going forward too much (perhaps the fullbacks don't rush forward quite as much) but has made huge improvements at the back. I still have the standard v7 for easy games or if i am losing, but this tweak is great, thanks Mrnobody

Last edited:
TFF thank you so much for your tactics, I have used them for years.

Many of us are coming to FM18 from the Switch version that just released. Could you (or anyone) post screenshots of the tactical setup somewhere? Player instructions would be essential but set pieces would be a nice bonus too.

I know this is a lot of work, if it's been done for the current version can someone point me to the reply?

Alternatively, if I can load these into FM17 for PC (I only buy FM during the Steam Summer sale now to save money), let me know and I will post the screens in here. I just didn't know if FM18 added any tactical options that weren't in 17.

Want to start my Switch save off right!

Last edited:

Many of us are coming to FM18 from the Switch version that just released. Could you (or anyone) post screenshots of the tactical setup somewhere? Player instructions would be essential but set pieces would be a nice bonus too.

I know this is a lot of work, if it's been done for the current version can someone point me to the reply?

Alternatively, if I can load these into FM17 for PC (I only buy FM during the Steam Summer sale now to save money), let me know and I will post the screens in here. I just didn't know if FM18 added any tactical options that weren't in 17.

Pal, you can install Demo Version of FM18(it's free) on any PC around you, import the tactic to see the PIs and TIs and then transfer it to your Switch.

It's very simple :)

Last edited:

Pal, you can install Demo Version of FM18(it's free) on any PC around you, import the tactic to see the PIs and TIs and then transfer it to your Switch.

It's very simple :)

Thank you! Have been playing FM since 2009 and literally never knew there was a demo version. Thanks bud!

Charlton - season 5 using V5 & V7 tweak (highly structured, hold positions and be more disciplined)

View attachment 58281

ManU too good to beat! It's funny how in none of my saves has City become the force they have been in this season in real life PL. Off the top of my head dont remembert them even winning the league once. Not a City-fan or anything but the game seems to favor heavily ManU, Arsenal and Chelsea. Tottenham is also total **** in pretty much every save I've played and they sell their best (english) players to the competitors which is unrealistic!

View attachment 58277 View attachment 58280

First major trophy: |)

View attachment 58278 View attachment 58279

Last edited:
V7 is unstoppable :)

I dominated LA LIGA with Valencia

Barca and Real Madrid couldn't do anything :P

ce33222.png

put the ball into play quickly can not make instructions except goalkeeper .........individual instruction give the ball into the game quickly how to make except keeper

Back