TFF's Tactics for FM18

Charlton - season 6 using V5 & V7 tweak (highly structured, hold positions and be more disciplined). Again missed on the league title! First time I actually got genuinely angry at this years FM. Also didnt deserve to lose that CL-final. Statistically we were the better team. But didnt care about that as much as coming second in the league, second time in a row.

Hi

Can you post the media prediction table before the season start

I'm curious :)

Already started a new season and I cant see previous seasons media predictions. If I remember correctly it was 5th...

Ok :)

Btw, in order to find out your media prediction before the season you need to look at the media prediction table exactly before the 1st match of the season so you must have a save to load at that time because your media dynamically changes and if you look at the media prediction table in the middle of the season or at the end of season then it won't be accurate because it dynamically changes and your current standing affect your media prediction.

ok mate ill get some together and post

I don't have pics of squads from day 1 as I've only just found out how to screen shot lol played fm since 2005 and only now know XD

training I leave 100% to my assistant, I also leave set piece takers up to themselves other than pens as I don't want to pull out a certain player from position

couple of players def worth signing -
Rodrygo
Ndombele
Maresic
Lunin
Sessegnon
Emeterio
Gasper
Cutrone
Mbappe - although I haven't signed him he does become world class

V7: Early in the season but doesnt look good at all... City's form is ridiculous and those points are not from easy fixtures either. I've already lost two and last season league winner City lost only four. Never played this long (5t season in PL) with out winning a top-fligh league. This is not a criticism of the tactic as such!

View attachment 56008

V7: Early in the season but doesnt look good at all... City's form is ridiculous and those points are not from easy fixtures either. I've already lost two and last season league winner City lost only four. Never played this long (5t season in PL) with out winning a top-fligh league. This is not a criticism of the tactic as such!

View attachment 1158528

Can you post the media prediction table before the season start?

Improve your team to get at least into TOP 3 teams and your chances winning the title will increase greatly

I find that EPL is the most challenging league in the game and if your team is only ranked 5th by players' quality then you need some luck to win it even with this tactic :) because there are still 4 clubs on your way that have much better than you have

Such teams as Man City have the best players in the world and they don't any good tactic to win the league because the players' quality will do the job... :)

Last edited:

Btw, the media prediction table is a very useful thing it helps you to tack your progress when it comes improving your team

Let's say, in the previous season you were predicted 5th and in the current season you are predicted 5th again, it means that you haven't improved your team for the current season compare with the previous season and that isn't a good thing and if you want to dominate the league then you should improve your team every season until reach the 1st prediction.

Here's some trick, guys… even if you don't use any in-game editors then you still can find the average CA of all teams in the league and that might be very useful information because it tells you where your team stands and what you should expect to get with it

Just before the first match of season look at "Media Prediction" table becasue at that moment all teams in the league are sorted purple by their average CA ( reputation also has impact but it's such small that can be ignored )

You can think about CA like about players' level, the more level a player has, the more points he has to spend on his attributes and the better he will do on the pitch

For example, look at the average CA of Barcelona… it's about 165 CA and that's freaking high :) and the average CA of Barca's starting elven is even higher, it's about 175 CA

Hehe... so if you want to be better than Barca then you need have in your team players that have CA higher than 175 CA ;)

Barca_CA2.png

Last edited:
I get what you both are saying. I did strengthen the team and the players that I bought have a better CA (used FM Genie) than the ones I got rid of but pretty much all of them have had a horrendous starts, averaging well under 7.

The thing that wonders me is that even though my team isnt good enough to win the PL it's still good enough to reach the Champions League final twice and win it once. And with this tactic I easily beat the likes of PSG and Barcelona in said competition. Of course in the league you dont always field the best team and lose few points here and there because of it. Also in recruitment I know that my problem is that I'm a bit of an "agist", so I tend to buy young player that have good PA but not always that good of an CA.

My teams CA´s with first team selected (Joe Gomez has been absolute ****!)
View attachment 55973

Back