TFF's Tactics for FM18

I get what you both are saying. I did strengthen the team and the players that I bought have a better CA (used FM Genie) than the ones I got rid of but pretty much all of them have had a horrendous starts, averaging well under 7.

The thing that wonders me is that even though my team isnt good enough to win the PL it's still good enough to reach the Champions League final twice and win it once. And with this tactic I easily beat the likes of PSG and Barcelona in said competition. Of course in the league you dont always field the best team and lose few points here and there because of it. Also in recruitment I know that my problem is that I'm a bit of an "agist", so I tend to buy young player that have good PA but not always that good of an CA.

My teams CA´s with first team selected (Joe Gomez has been absolute ****!)
View attachment 1158563
which skin have CA and PA information?

I get what you both are saying. I did strengthen the team and the players that I bought have a better CA (used FM Genie) than the ones I got rid of but pretty much all of them have had a horrendous starts, averaging well under 7.

The thing that wonders me is that even though my team isnt good enough to win the PL it's still good enough to reach the Champions League final twice and win it once. And with this tactic I easily beat the likes of PSG and Barcelona in said competition. Of course in the league you dont always field the best team and lose few points here and there because of it. Also in recruitment I know that my problem is that I'm a bit of an "agist", so I tend to buy young player that have good PA but not always that good of an CA.

My teams CA´s with first team selected (Joe Gomez has been absolute ****!)
View attachment 1158563

those players may have a high 'important matches' stat and lower 'consistency' stat

Hmmm... that sounds weird... if you want you can show me few examples and I'll try to help

The thing that wonders me is that even though my team isnt good enough to win the PL it's still good enough to reach the Champions League final twice and win it once.

Mate, it's just called "Luck" :)

In this game even with the worst team and the worst tactic you can win everything but it might required producing 1 000 000 000 attempts to achieve that

If you don't want depend on "Luck" factor then improve your team as much as you can

The better players you have and the better tactic you use, the less "Luck" you need to win things and the more consistent you result will be

Look what happens in real life... even such team as Leicester might win EPL but in order to do that they must show their best football in every match and other teams in the league must show their worst football during the season, speaking other words, they need to be very lucky and when the extreame luck is gone we all saw what happend :)

Last edited:
Hmmm... that sounds weird... if you want you can show me few examples and I'll try to help

I dunno! I brought in Davinson Sánchez to strenghten the defence but it seems to have had the opposite effect. I did lose Malang Sarr to Barcelona because of a minimum clause and panic bought Hoedt (who has also been ****). Brought in Valverde(DLP)/Barella(BtB) duo to the midfield but both have been pretty bad although Valverde has starting to improve.

Just lost 4-3 to City. Just wondering... the game speed of the match doesnt effect the result does it?

Just wondering... the game speed of the match doesnt effect the result does it?

No the game speed doesn't have any impact on the result

I dunno! I brought in Davinson Sánchez to strenghten the defence but it seems to have had the opposite effect. I did lose Malang Sarr to Barcelona because of a minimum clause and panic bought Hoedt (who has also been ****). Brought in Valverde(DLP)/Barella(BtB) duo to the midfield but both have been pretty bad although Valverde has starting to improve.

Mate, in order to see on practice with your own eyes what I was talking about you need to fill your team with 165 - 175 CA players and play with such team at least few seasons and I assure you that many things about FM will become clear for you ;)

Last edited:
Mate, in order to see on practice with your own eyes what I was talking about you need to fill your team with 165 - 175 CA players and play with such team at least few seasons and I assure you that many things about FM will become clear for you ;)

Mate, it's not that I dont understand the simple fact that better team makes your chances of winning better. It's about you basically saying that if someone gets results with a lesser team than Barcelona, Real or City using YOUR tactic, it's luck! ;) :D

Mate, it's not that I dont understand the simple fact that better team makes your chances of winning better. It's about you basically saying that if someone gets results with a lesser team than Barcelona, Real or City using YOUR tactic, it's luck! ;) :D

Mate, here's what I was saying...

Let's say you pick Bournemouth, predicted 16th and finish the 1st season then load the game at the begging of the season and finish it again and you repeat that process 10 times.

What results can you expect to get after you 10 times finish the 1st season with Bournemouth?

I'd say that few times you might even win the league but your average result will be finishing somewhere in TOP 5.

You need understand that when you win the league with Bournemouth in the 1st season then it's luck because your normal result is to finish somewhere TOP 5 with such team.

I've been seen that many times, people wrongly build their expectation for the future results based on the result that they achived in the previous season but you should build your expectation based on the quality of your team because there always might be luck factor in your result.

Look, you did the same mistake, you reached the final of CL with your team and it made you think that you have the best team in the world and you should not improve it anything further and from now you must win the league and CL without any problems but that is complete wrong thinking because you have an very average team that is only 5th by players' quality in EPL and reaching the final of CL with such team was a pure luck.

Hello, I’m having so much problems with using v7 on touch. Could somebody please put screenshots of individual instructions up?, I’ve won 5 out of 20 games in my first season in my quest of taking Coventry to the big time.

Starting to get stuck and getting hammered on a weekly basis. Many thanks

Hello, I’m having so much problems with using v7 on touch. Could somebody please put screenshots of individual instructions up?, I’ve won 5 out of 20 games in my first season in my quest of taking Coventry to the big time.

Starting to get stuck and getting hammered on a weekly basis. Many thanks

If you play on a tablet and can't import the tactic then I suggest installing Demo FM18 to your PC and import the PIs from it

Also, the set pieces is a very important thing, don't underestimate it

Last edited:
If you play on a tablet and can't import the tactic then I suggest installing Demo FM18 to your PC and import the PIs from it

Also, the set pieces is a very important thing, don't underestimate it
I don’t use a computer just an iPad. It’s getting more frustrating using basically half a tactic, that’s why I signed up and asked for help.

After three and a half season, I'm at it again with the Mighty Hammers.

I've won the Premier League three seasons in a row, and apart from the first season, it has never been a close call. The cups are a different story though.

I won it the first season, then lost the final, while in the last three seasons I've been drawing top three teams in the early rounds and lost easily all three seasons.

The FA cup was mine four years in a row, yet last season Manchester City blew us out of the water in the early rounds.

The Europa League was a short lived run, where I lost against Arsenal in the cup-end of the League.
The Champions League a mixed affair, with two wins sandwiched in between a QF exit to Manchester United.

In the cups, the common denominator seems to be that English teams, in good form, can put 3 - 6 goals past me in the away game, from which I can't recover. This is irrespective of my domestic form. I can play 7-0 & 8-0 games home & away, yet when it comes to the cups, form goes out the window, andI'm trashed. And there isn't any remedy during the game either. I very, very rarerly grab points in a game where I go down to 2-1, after scoring first.

Any suggestion on the approach to cup games, especially away fixtures, or match management when going 2-1 down after leading 1-0?

Still a very good tactic, my only issues are the ones above
:D

Hi, TotalFootballFan9 :)Could you create something equally good but classic 4-4-2?
For teams without good wingers but with side midfielders and two strikers like the duo Lewandowski - Milik.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but this tactic just won't work for me. Started with CD Aves. Despite not being able to change the squad by a lot the first season went pretty smooth. Finished 5. at Liga NOS and even qualified for the Europa League. So far so good.
View attachment 55522

Second season I kinda completly changed (and from my perspective also improved) the squad by a lot. Despite I'm really struggeling. Actually I feel like I am about to get sacked if I can't improve until the end of the season. Every game I seem to concede goals from the wings. More specificaly the right wing. Some random dude just moves into the (huge) space and crosses the ball to another random dude who has no problem whatsoever to score from there. My offensive actors are not putting a great show either. I barely generate more than 3 key highlights per game.

So yeah. I can't seem to make this tactic work. I would be glad if you guys could share your opinion on what to improve from my perspective. Did anyone of you had similar experiences? What did you do to tweak the tactic?

Here are some pictures of my results and the squad I mainly use.
View attachment 55517View attachment 55520View attachment 55519View attachment 55518

Last edited:
Back