TFF's Tactics for FM18

Having Lacazette and Icardi, wouldn't it be a shame to play without striker ?

Can I use a 9 1/2 among the 3 AMC ?

Icardi isn’t type of players that you need for the AMC positions in this tactic so it’s not worth waiting until he learn to play at AMC position, I’d suggest selling him and buying more suited players for the AMCs positions.

Lacazette is Ok for the AMC position and it might worth waiting until he learns to play AMC positions but he isn’t young so I’d better sold him because his starting rating for AMC position is 0 so it might take awhile(1-3 seasons) until he learns to play AMC position.

Also, you can use the Striker version and play Icardi or Lacazette at STC position but the Striker version is less efficient that the Strikerless version but anyway you will be greatly overachieving with it.

Last edited:
I'll try the striker version this season with Icardi as a ST et Lacazette being on the bench or AMC.

Can't sell Icardi right now since i bought him 6 mounth ago for a hudge amount of money $$$$$

could you say something about the mentality during matches. Do you keep it at standard, or do you change it during the match depending on the result?

THE OP HAS BEEN RE-OPENED WITH NEW VERSIONS OF THE TACTIC

V3 is just insane! :)

I won La Liga with Espanyol, predicted 10th ! :)

000sss1.png

2nd season Werder Bremen

Just in time LOL

1st season strikerless V2 ended 4th

Now beginning 2nd season with V3.

Will respond asap

How do you guys set the mentality?? i mean in away games home games etc.
let me know

Last edited:
Guys, I've added a waste time tactic to the OP.

could you say something about the mentality during matches. Do you keep it at standard, or do you change it during the match depending on the result?

How do you guys set the mentality?? i mean in away games home games etc.
let me know

I recommend not changing it… but in the future I might add an “overload” tactic to use when you need a goal at any cost.

Guys, I've added a waste time tactic to the OP.

I recommend not changing it… but in the future I might add an “overload” tactic to use when you need a goal at any cost.

Oke i will not change it. I tweaked the tactic tackling because i play instant result. OR is that not good either.

TotalFootballFan9, what about tactical briefings? does it have any influence on result? can i left it to assistant manager or better skip it?
i always skip it because i'm worried that if i leave this to the assistant manager then this will have a negative effect, but it's so boring to press this "skip" before every single match, so i need an opinion of an expert.

Well done TFF , im with OM now and i will test it from the beginning of the season . This year hope that we will create an secondary 2 striker version . Thanks for everything. Ah , and greetings from Greece my friend !

TotalFootballFan9 thank you for your effort in testing and sharing this tactic. Now, I feel it is my duty to share to you my experience. I played with my Everton against Chelsea. Chelsea used a 3-2-2-2-1 (5-2-3 wide) tactic, as you can see in the picture.
View attachment 76452
I used TFF V3 tactic. First game ended 0-0, the second ended 1-1. I played both game in full time to watch how my team play. My defense was solid, but my attack was weak. Because my 3 attackers were AMCs, they never could pass by three line defenders of Chelsea. Always Chelsea had the time to retreat half of its team before my attackers enter in the box. Always they used their midfielders to come from behind and steal the ball from my AMCs. Short passes weren't good enough to unlock the Chelsea's supranumeric defense. It was very difficult for my players to reach the goal and I had 7-8 shoot in the whole match.

What I did to beat Chelsea (3-1) was to change the formation with 2 strikers (AF-At) and 1 AMC, then I changed the mentality to Overload, the team shape to Highly Structured, tempo to Higher, width to Fairly Narrow, closing down to More, Use Tighter Marking, Get Stuck In, More Direct Passing, Pass Into Space, Pump Ball Into Box, Hit Early Crosses. Also I instructed WBs to Cross From Deep and Cross Aim Centre. Of course, I remove Pass It Shorter from all the players, including CBs.
View attachment 76451

Now, the reason for choosing a formation with 2 strikers was those two are in between enemy's Centre Backs and they will have more chance to destabilize their formation. One AMC was good to draw out the central CB. With Highly Structured shape my three attackers stood high in the pitch waiting to receive the ball and my defenders stayed home, to not be surprised by counter-attacks. Because Run At Defense, Close Down More, Get Stuck In, Use Tighter Marking my team tried hard to regain the ball and when they did, the ball was threw directly to my attackers (Pump Ball Into Box). Chelsea had no time to regroup and always they were caught only with line of 3 CBs in defense. My attackers passed the ball very quickly in future position and the shoots start pouring. My team looked very dangerous, practically they kept in a continous counter-attack.

I don't want to diminish your tactic and brag for my tweaking, I only beg you to test Overload and Highly Structured. I was inspired by this tactic LI4MS Goals Galore http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-18-tactics/367717-li4ms-goals-galore.html

Last edited:
TotalFootballFan9 thank you again for this great work that you doing. Question:
- what about general training instructions? are the same as demolisher for FM17 ? /(average/balanced/allow rest after match)

Guys, I've added "Two Strikers Version" of the tactic to the OP.

It's less efficient than the Strikerless version but still it allows great overachieve with any team.

Two_Strikers_V1.png

Last edited:
Back