TotalFootballFan9, what about tactical briefings? does it have any influence on result? can i left it to assistant manager or better skip it?
i always skip it because i'm worried that if i leave this to the assistant manager then this will have a negative effect, but it's so boring to press this "skip" before every single match, so i need an opinion of an expert.

It's the same story as with Team Talks, Press Conference and so on… if you want to bother with all that stuff then you free to do but honestly, I don’t know who will want to bother with that boring and repetitive stuff… If you don’t want to bother then find an assistant manager with good mental attributes to handle all that stuff and leave it to him. You should look for these attributes:

- Determination
- Man Management
- Tactical Knowledge
- Motivation
- Level of Discipline

TotalFootballFan9 thank you again for this great work that you doing. Question:
- what about general training instructions? are the same as demolisher for FM17 ? /(average/balanced/allow rest after match)

Yes, it's the same as for FM17

guys, im newbie at fm. have some questions:
leave pre-match teamtalk to assistant manager its normal idea? or better to use it personality?
use more match training or less match training if you work in EPL and there are 2 games per weak?

Player Filters

hi tff match trainig and player filters?

love ur tactics mate!!!

Hey TFF. Scouting works a bit differently this year. How many players that show up depends on the package you own. I don’t think scouts knowledge makes a difference if you play with attributes masking disabled.

Hi TFF,
Would you please explain us why the change in the MCE from a b2b to CM - attack? What's the reasoning behind it and what specific testing did you make that concluded a CM was better?

Hey TFF. Scouting works a bit differently this year. How many players that show up depends on the package you own. I don’t think scouts knowledge makes a difference if you play with attributes masking disabled.

Hi mate,

I’m not sure that I don’t understand what you are talking about…

For example, in order to get all players from England into “Scouting” ---> “Players” -----> “Player Search” menu you need to have 100% Scouting Knowledge of England... in FM18 it works the same way as it worked in FM17 or any previous versions.

Also, you can get many high reputation players into your “Players Search” menu without having any scouting knowledge if you spend your attributes points on your “Player Knowledge” and “Youngest Knowledge” attributes which I never do because it’s simply waste of the points.

Hi mate,

I’m not sure that I don’t understand what you are talking about…

For example, in order to get all players from England into “Scouting” ---> “Players” -----> “Player Search” menu you need to have 100% Scouting Knowledge of England... in FM18 it works the same way as it worked in FM17 or any previous versions.

Also, you can get many high reputation players into your “Players Search” menu without having any scouting knowledge if you spend your attributes points on your “Player Knowledge” and “Youngest Knowledge” attributes which I never do because it’s simply waste of the points.

this

View attachment 76432

Guys, I've added "Two Strikers Version" of the tactic to the OP.

It's less efficient than the Strikerless version but still it allows great overachieve with any team.

Two_Strikers_V1.png

Hi

Could someone upload the tactic here?

Thanks

As I understand in FM18 you can get scouting knowledge of players from some nation by hiring staff that have such knowledge or you can buy the package that covers that nation.

Speaking other words you can get all players from England if you have someone in your stuff that have 100% scouting knowledge of England and you might not have any package active at all.

I see that the purpose of the with the new package system is that if you don’t want bother collecting scouting knowledge of different nation through your stuff and scouts then you can just buy “World” packed and forget about it.

But you still can get scouting knowledge through your stuff if you want to.

Last edited:
As I understand in FM18 you can get scouting knowledge of players from some nation by hiring staff that have such knowledge or you can buy the package that covers that nation.

Speaking other words you can get all players from England if you have someone in your stuff that have 100% scouting knowledge of England and you might not have any package active at all.

100% knowledge from staff is actually deceiving as it's not really 100%. A SI staff member has confirmed that only the relevant packages (senior+youth) will give in fact 100% knowledge, and I've seen immediate proof of this as I bought the Brazil nation package and more players showed up in players search, while my Brazilian club already should have had a 100% knowledge of Brazil via several staff members.

It's complicated, in the end packages are better than scouting knowledge when it comes to players search.

100% knowledge from staff is actually deceiving as it's not really 100%. A SI staff member has confirmed that only the relevant packages (senior+youth) will give in fact 100% knowledge, and I've seen immediate proof of this as I bought the Brazil nation package and more players showed up in players search, while my Brazilian club already should have had a 100% knowledge of Brazil via several staff members.

It's complicated, in the end packages are better than scouting knowledge when it comes to players search.

Ok… I see…

Anyway, I find that the scouting system in FM is unrealistic, dull and boring so I always use in-game editors to find players :)

Ok… I see…

Anyway, I find that the scouting system in FM is unrealistic, dull and boring so I always use in-game editors to find players :)

Legend, do you have some plans for 4-2-3-1 and 4-5-1 too with IF'S/Wingers ?

Legend, do you have some plans for 4-2-3-1 and 4-5-1 too with IF'S/Wingers ?

Mate, just look… I’ve tried almost all possible 4-2-3-1 and 4-5-1 tactics with IFs/ Wingers in FM18 and they showed result about 30-40% worse than Demolisher.

Now just imagine what you’ll get in the game with such tactics that are 30-40% less efficient than Demolisher, for example, to better illustrate what I’m talking about with Demolisher you can’t pick the weakest team in any league and easily win the league, for example, in EPL you start getting good chances to win it with Demolisher if you are in top 6 strongest teams and now imagine how strong your team should be to win EPL with 4-2-3-1 and 4-5-1 tactics with IFs/ Wingers, I ‘d say you should have the strongest teams in the league by far… It’s not fun at all… there are many people around here who are already frustrated when they don’t win the league with middle table or weaker team… who need a tactic that allows you to win the league only when you manger the strongest team in the league? :)

That’s why I don’t share any 4-5-1 and 4-2-3-1 for FM18

Last edited:
Mate, just look… I’ve tried almost all possible 4-2-3-1 and 4-5-1 tactics with IFs/ Wingers in FM18 and they showed result about 30-40% worse than Demolisher.

Now just imagine what you’ll get in the game with such tactics that are 30-40% less efficient than Demolisher, for example, to better illustrate what I’m talking about with Demolisher you can’t pick the weakest team in any league and easily win the league, for example, in EPL you start getting good chances to win it with Demolisher if you are in top 6 strongest teams and now imagine how strong your team should be to win EPL with 4-2-3-1 and 4-5-1 tactics with IFs/ Wingers, I ‘d say you should have the strongest teams in the league by far… It’s not fun at all… there are many people around here who are already frustrated when they don’t win the league with middle table or weaker team… who need a tactic that allows you to win the league only when you manger the strongest team in the league? :)

But there are a lot of people asking that kind of formations to use mid-table/top teams because more realistic and more suited to great players, there is no meaning when you can't use IF's / Strikers to win

Ok… I see…

Scouts from different nations are beneficial if you play with masking enabled. Spanish scout will give you more base knowledge of Spanish players. Also if you play with both World packages, every single player in the game will be available in the player search.

You need to be very careful when you "easy the matching conditions" because some important attributes might be missed by much and you always should know what attributes are missed and by what amount.

Hello m8. As always great job.

I am wondering if it is not smarter just to "-" lvl of attributes then whole attributes from filter? You will keep all of You need on possition but on lower scale?

Regards.