The 2011-2012 FA CUP Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. But I'm just wondering why they don't make it the week after the final round of fixtures like it always used to be?

Cause apparently we have to "move with the times". Which is laughable. I see it more like destroying a footballing tradition

Cause apparently we have to "move with the times". Which is laughable. I see it more like destroying a footballing tradition

Wow- thats... stupid. Takes away massively from the significance of the FA cup final IMO.

Chelsea 0 Birmingham 1.

Edit-pen to Chelsea

Indeed. But I'm just wondering why they don't make it the week after the final round of fixtures like it always used to be?

Agree. There was just no atmosphere or build-up for last years final because everyone was pre-occupied with the league.. That and the fact it was City v Stoke.. Yawn.

I said it at the start of the season and this only confirms it - if we are to lose Moyes, the man I'd like to have as his replacement is no other than Chris Hughton.

I said it at the start of the season and this only confirms it - if we are to lose Moyes, the man I'd like to have as his replacement is no other than Chris Hughton.

Yup. Deserves to manage a big club

Everton 1 Blackpool 0. Drenthe. Sweet

Norwich 1 Leicester 2. 18 minutes to go

Chelsea getting home tie against Lower division team shocker. (If they beat Birmingham).

Chelsea getting home tie against Lower division team shocker. (If they beat Birmingham).

" IF " being the key term.

They got out of jail yesterday against a rotated blues side, if Redmond maintained some composure Leicester would be coming to St Andrews.

Only annoying thing, we all know AVB will be taking the replay very seriously now fielding a no doubt stronger XI.

" IF " being the key term.

They got out of jail yesterday against a rotated blues side, if Redmond maintained some composure Leicester would be coming to St Andrews.

Only annoying thing, we all know AVB will be taking the replay very seriously now fielding a no doubt stronger XI.

Yeah, if they beat you. I thought I made that clear :p

Hopefully you will beat them.

Well, we got the toughest possible draw (Aside from Liverpool who I'd like to face in the finals, if we get through). That said, we're playing at home and it should be a good game regardless of the result. If we can keep our good form running we have a good chance of making it to the semis.

Everton got a very tough draw.. Everton v Sunderland sounds like a very exciting cup tie.. The rest were lame.

Can't help but feel that one of Liverpool/ Tottenham/ Chelsea won't make it to the 6th round.. We're 1-0 up though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.