Just caught up with your story, congrats on the move to Rangers and gaining promotion! Good luck with the season ahead, will be following for sure!

Thanks for the comment mate. Update on Pre-Season and Transfers will be coming soon.

Hi Guys. Apologies for lack of updates the past couple days. Been busy with my football and coaching. Will definitely get some updates posted over the weekend. :)

View attachment 191269
PRE-SEASON 2016/17:

View attachment 191268View attachment 191267

​During our break, I flew back to England to pick up the Sky Bet League Two Manager of the Year award. It was very nice to see a few of the backroom staff at Stevenage on the night and also, gave me the chance to congratulate them on their promotion to League One and Alexis Sainrimat, who clinched the Top Goalscorer award, after scoring 31 goals in 47 appearances.

TRANSFERS:

View attachment 191265

I knew I needed to strengthen the squad, especially with extra games this season. Andrew Halliday was unhappy that he didn't feature enough, so he was sold to Shrewsbury. I read a few reports that supporters were unhappy at the sale of Rob
Kiernan and they felt I should've kept him, after his performances last season. For the money he was on a week and the offer that Sheff Utd came in with, I felt it was a good deal for the club. The other big sale was Martyn Waghorn, again another player who did ok for us since I joined, but I feel that new signing Jason Cummings is a better option for us and with young Ryan Hardie pushing for a starting place, Martyn wouldn't feature as much as he'd like too, so when Bristol City came in, it was only right to allow him to move on.

View attachment 191264

The first new addition to the squad was made back in March, when I agreed a deal for Jason Cummings to join from Hibernian. Then when the season ended, myself and my scouting team sat down and discussed the areas that needed improving or competition. Once the positions were identified, I began the long process of negotiating various deals for the players I wanted to bring to the club.

View attachment 191263
Luis was unhappy at Dundee United due to a lack of opportunities and though he won't remove Wes Foderingham as first choice keeper, he will definitely provide brilliant competition and keep Wes on his toes over the season.

View attachment 191262
With Rob Kiernan leaving, it left a big hole at the heart of our defence. Having sent our chief scout to Germany to watch Marian Sarr play for Dortmund's second team, the reports back were very positive and following a bit of discussion, Marian joined us and is very keen to impress.

View attachment 191261
I wanted to keep to my promise of bringing young talented players to the club and Patrick definitely fits the bill. He's very highly thought of in Germany and will be k​een to impress here in Scotland.

View attachment 191257
Another player brought in from Germany, this time on a permanent deal and my biggest fee spent on a player to date. Adrian is a fantastic coup for us and one that I hope will excite the fans during his time here and help us reach our targets.

View attachment 191253
Along with the foreign signings, I also want to keep our Scottish identity and Rory fits the bill. We did lose Barrie McKay in this transfer, but I believe we've got the better deal, as Rory can play in any of the three positions behind the striker.

View attachment 191247
FRIENDLIES:

View attachment 191246
Our pre-season games were slightly effected by our involvement in the Europa League and with qualifying games coming up, I ensured it was a mixed squad that played in the non-competitive games.

MORE ADDITIONS:

View attachment 191245

I spoke to Ledley King and Ugo Ehiogu at Spurs and they are raving about Josh. And having had a chat with Mauricio Pochettino, he was very happy for us to loan Josh for the season and give him more
opportunities to play regular games.

View attachment 191240
I'm delighted to have been able to bring Foday to the club. Despite his young age, I believe he can play a part this season and go on to be an important player for us.

View attachment 191235
One for the future. Tom is the best of a small group of young players looking to make a name for themselves in football. I'm pleased to have done the deal with Falkirk and if he works hard, then Tom could have a bright future in the game.

EUROPA LEAGUE:

View attachment 191234
We've progressed well so far in Europe and remain unbeaten, considering we haven't had the best preparation, due to the qualifying rounds starting so early. The stand out result was our three nil away win against Dutch side AZ. I'll be looking for a repeat performance against Augsburg, with them standing in our way of the group stages.

ODDS:

View attachment 191233
The bookies seem to think we'll struggle this season. In all honesty, I'm pleased to be considered as huge outsiders. It means we can go about our work with less pressure and then surprise people over the duration of the campaign.

Some nice work so far man, be sure not to let me down haha xD

Shame to see young McKay go, hes a solid talent.

How much transfer kitty did you get for this season? rather curious. KIU.

Some nice work so far man, be sure not to let me down haha xD

Shame to see young McKay go, hes a solid talent.

How much transfer kitty did you get for this season? rather curious. KIU.

Thanks mate. Had about £750k transfer kitty, but wage budget was big, so tweaked it to release more money to use on transfers. McKay did OK for me, but was unhappy that I sold Kiernan, so got rid and brought in McKenzie.

View attachment 190368
AUGUST 2016:

View attachment 190367
MATCHES:

View attachment 190366
It was a very hectic month for us and we remain unbeaten in the league. The pick of the results was our thrashing of Dundee United and to win all our games at home is very pleasing.

We have qualified for the Europa League group stages. Again, it was our superb home form that was the key and we held a comfortable two goal advantage going into the second leg. The away leg was made more comfortable when we scored an away goal and despite losing after ninety minutes, we went through on aggregate.

View attachment 190363
We'll face Dnipro, Legia and Red Bull Salzburg in Group C. I'm expecting us to be very competitive in the competition and if we play as well as we have been, then I feel we can qualify.

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 190362
Our first month back in the Scottish Premiership and we sit in second place. Our rivals Celtic are just behind us and if things continue how they have, the old rivalry between us, will look to be back.

STATS:

View attachment 190360
AWARDS:

View attachment 190359
The monthly awards were announced and we swept the board. Jason Cummings has been superb since he joined, scoring seven in five games. Both Patrick and Adrian have started their Rangers career in fine form and I hope it'll continue.

INJURY NEWS:

View attachment 190356
A big blow to us. After the Kilmarnock game, Head Physio Richard Walker called to inform me that our captain Lee Wallace, had suffered a torn calf muscle and will be out of action for up to five months.

What a great start to the season! Not a bad draw in Europe either :)

View attachment 190033
SEPTEMBER 2016:

View attachment 190032
MATCHES:

View attachment 190031
We were very good again this month. To still be unbeaten in the league is a brilliant achievement considering the amount of games we've played. I experienced my first trip to Celtic Park at the beginning of the month and we were denied by a late goal. If we play how we did, then I don't fear our big rivals and am confident we can beat them when we face them next.

STATS:

View attachment 190030
LEAGUE TABLES:

View attachment 190029
​If we win our game in hand we go top and extended our lead over Celtic to four points. We have the only unbeaten record in the league and I'm keen to continue our run for as long as possible.

View attachment 190028
It's all to play for in Group C. I felt we were extremely unlucky to lose to Red Bull Salzburg and maybe fatigue played it's part. Legia have a dreadful goal difference, so it looks like it'll be a three team battle for the qualifying places.

View attachment 189387
OCTOBER 2016:

View attachment 189386
MATCHES:

View attachment 189385
Despite the St.Johnstone result on the last weekend of the month, I've got to look back with pride on our other results. The win against Legia in Europe put us top of our group and then to follow that up with a convincing win over Celtic in the League Cup is even more pleasing.

TABLE:

View attachment 189384
We are threatening to pull away from Celtic, but when the opportunity arises we can't seem to take it. Win our game in hand and we go back to the top. If we are top at Christmas, I'll fancy us to go on and win the title with ease.

View attachment 189383
We are in a very good position, as we go into the final couple of games. I think a win will be enough to seal our place in the knockout rounds, but we need to play Dnipro and Red Bull Salzburg and they've caused us problems the last time we met.

STATS:

View attachment 189381
Jason Cummings still leads the top scorer chart and he's becoming a huge hit with our fans.

Looking good in the league and in Europe mate! Any plans to strengthen in the Jan window or looking more for continuity?

Looking good in the league and in Europe mate! Any plans to strengthen in the Jan window or looking more for continuity?

Cheers mate. I don't think I need to change too much, as want the continuity to help the young squad develop more. Though, you never know who could be keen on joining in Jan!! 8-|

View attachment 189092
NOVEMBER 2016:

View attachment 189091
MATCHES:

View attachment 189090
Unbeaten in the league this month, with a good win over Hearts and two draws against Dundee Utd and Motherwell. Despite dropping points in the league, I'm pleased we haven't lost those games, especially as they came after trips away in Europe.
The win against Legia meant we needed a point against Dnipro, or hope that Red Bull Salzburg slip up, to ensure we qualify for the second round. Thankfully Red Bull Salzburg drew, meaning we qualified despite turning in an awful performance in the Ukraine.

TABLES:

View attachment 189089
The points dropped in the league this month, have seen us drop to third and Celtic take top spot. We are going to have to turn these draws into wins and I'm not sure we have the depth in the squad to compete in four competitions. So I may have to speak to the board to see if they can free up some more funds to allow us to bring in a couple new faces.

View attachment 189081
With qualification secured, I'll need to decide if we rest players for our last game or go for it and look to secure top spot and the possibility of an easier tie in the second round.

STATS:

View attachment 189082
I can't fault the effort from the lads and that shows as we have three players in the top four average ratings chart. Jason Cummings is still scoring goals and I expect him to stay at the top and be the league's leading scorer.

View attachment 188946
DECEMBER 2016:

View attachment 188945
MATCHES:

View attachment 188943
I must apologise to our fans for the three games we lost in a week. It's unacceptable for a club our size to lose three games in a row and the players know that I will not accept a run like that. It's a shame as the month started off well. We beat Red Bull Salzburg in Europe to clinch our place in the knockout stages and it was the usual draw to follow against Kilmarnock. Then we produced two superb back to back wins. First the three nil win over Hibs, which saw Jason Cummings bag a hat-trick against his former club. Then we beat Celtic at home and I must admit after that result I thought we'd kick on and look to move into top spot, but how wrong was I. We ended the month with a morale boosting win against Hamilton, with two late goals.

TABLES:

View attachment 188939
Our poor run of three losses, has meant we are now level on games played with everyone and we've slipped to four points behind our big rivals Celtic. I have to hold my hand up and say I got complacent and thought we'd run away with the title if we were top at Christmas, but unfortunately I've learnt a lesson and will need to keep not only my players feet on the ground, but mine also and focus more on each game, rather than a couple games ahead of myself.

View attachment 188938
We finish in second place and will face Dynamo Kyiv in the first round knockout stage.

TEAM STATS:

View attachment 188937
As we reach the half way stage of the season, it's clear that I don't have the biggest squad at my disposal. Though it's full of young quality players, who have performed very well, I'll be looking to bring in some new faces in the January window and with one or two more experienced players, hopefully we can become more consist​ent in the second half of the campaign and ​ensure we can compete in the four competitions we are still in.

View attachment 187737
JANUARY 2017:

View attachment 187736
MATCHES:

View attachment 187734
A brilliant month. We've been threatening to have an unbeaten month for a while and this month it came to fruition. I'm lost for words how good we've been and the new signings have made an immediate impact and slotted into our playing style.

NEW SIGNINGS:

View attachment 187731
I'm happy with this deal, especially to bring in one of Scotland's hot propacts and continues my philosophy of bringing in the countries top talents. Stephen was thoroughly scouted by our scouting network and comes highly recommended. Costing us just 450k, I believe he'll show over the coming years what a bargain we've picked up.

View attachment 187725
Egor goes slightly against my transfer policy, but when it was brought to my attention that he was transfer listed, I couldn't refuse the chance to bring in an experienced international to help with our defence. It has already proved to be a shrewd signing, as he's played a big part in us only conceding two goals since he joined.

View attachment 187724
I left the signing of Massimo until the deadline day, as it is my most expensive transfer deal during my short reign and I needed to make sure the 3 million pounds we've splashed out will be worth it. I decided to go through with the deal and hope Mass will be a great signing for us.

TABLE:

View attachment 187723
Celtic are still just ahead of us, but we've closed the gap on them and moved clear in second place, ahead of Hearts. This is due to our perfect month and if we want to be genuine title challengers, I feel we'll need a couple more months like the one we've just had.

AWARDS:

View attachment 187722
Another monthly award for myself and again, all credit goes to the lads. We know the job is far from complete, but it's always nice to be recognised for our efforts.

View attachment 187711
FEBRUARY 2017:

View attachment 187710
MATCHES:

View attachment 187709
So close. We very nearly clinched another unbeaten month. The Celtic game was the big disappointment and my only loss to them so far under my management. The win for our rivals put them five points clear of us and means we'll be relying on other teams to take points of Celtic to help us win the title.
In Europe, we progress to play Viktoria Plzen in the second round knockout. I'm very pleased with our performances in Europe and now we have a larger squad, I'm very interested to see how far my young team can go.

TABLE:

View attachment 187708
The loss against Celtic was a real blow to our hopes of moving into top spot. Fortunately on the last round of games in the month, Dundee Utd drew with Celtic, meaning our win over Dundee closes the gap to three points and with a handful of games left it's going to go to the wire.

INJURY NEWS:

View attachment 187707
I'm devastated for young Rory. I originally bought him to the club as an understudy to Adrian Grbic, but he's trained very well since joining and has become a key part of our success so far. He'll be a big loss to us, especially as he's scored some vital goals. We'll help him anyway we can during his recovery and hope he'll be able to regain his form when he's back.