The Anfield Saga

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 79K
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll see who's got money come Wednesday.

Hicks and Gillett have stepped outside the process they agreed to here. Think we're going to have a fight on our hands with this Kirdi thing. Could be bollocks that he's got money and Sky are plugging a H&G angle, but it's dodgy as ****.

Huang's group wanting to meet SoS-SL is a big step. They're open to us begininning to own a share in our club if we raise the cash. Want to hear what they have to say. But just taking that step is a big plus for me.

Just found out, these canadians who want to buy the club are good friend with 2 certain people we all know, Hicks and Gilett. If its sold to these, hicks and Gilett will still be on the board.

Bad move.

Apparrently Kirdi thinks the takeover will be finished within a week, my friend tells me it's been on SSN. Is this true?

Apparrently Kirdi thinks the takeover will be finished within a week, my friend tells me it's been on SSN. Is this true?

That's what Kirdi is saying. Which would be remarkable if true for a man whose sole prior business experience is running a couple of pizza shops which he no longer owns.

Otherwise, current events can be accurately summarised as:

14335726_400x400.jpg

Huang's group making an offer to meet SoS-SL is a good thing which has happened. Only bid (real or otherwise) which has done this. Will be interesting to hear what they have to say if they aren't just full of wind.

got this from here http://www.sportingintelligence.com...verpool-proposal-cic-never-mentioned’-100801/

EXCLUSIVE – Kenny Huang’s business partner: ‘No decision on Liverpool proposal’

By Nick Harris
10 August 2010
Kenny Huang, the Chinese businessman linked to a potential Liverpool takeover, has yet to decide whether to send the club a proposal, let alone a bid for the club, one of his American business partners has told sportingintelligence.
Marc Ganis, of the Chicago-based Sportscorp Ltd, contacted this website last night about a story involving Huang published yesterday (more of which in a moment), and in an extensive email exchange, said that “no proposal has been made and no decision to offer a proposal has been made.”
This will come as a shock to many Liverpool fans, who rightly or wrongly believe that Kenny Huang, backed by the sovereign resources of China, is a frontrunner to take control at Anfield.
During the email conversation with Mr Ganis late last night and in the early hours of this morning, sportingintelligence told Mr Ganis that his clarification of the situation was exactly the kind of information fans are seeking from him and Huang, if only to set the record straight on what they are proposing, or not.
Sportingintelligence requested permission to reproduce a key email from this exchange, verbatim, so here it is, solely and wholly in the words of Marc Ganis:
Email from Marc Ganis to Nick Harris of Sportingintelligence, received 1.24am UK time
“I have tried to not only be honest, but set the record straight.
“Among the most important points I have tried to get out, either directly or through Kenny’s releases, is that no proposal [in relation to a Liverpool bid] has been made and no decision to offer a proposal has been made.
“There were many reports about CIC, yet at no time to [any] party, whether [to] the media, Sir Martin [Broughton] or Barcap, have we ever identified that CIC was an investor.
“We have not identified any investors and I offered only one point about CIC in the AP story, and at that I made it clear they were not committed in any way.
“I made it clear there were no deadlines, meetings or discussions with players, their reps or managers, nor issue with regard to the date the transfer window would close. And I clarified many other points. I also made it clear that the PR firm that purported to represent us has and had no role with us.
“But for whatever reason our efforts to offer accurate information often falls on deaf ears.
“Kenny made it clear in a press release on April 12, 2010 that he had no interest in the Cavaliers. Yet the media continued to write he did. [Extract from aforementioned press release: ‘QSL Sports also confirmed that its two co‐founders and co‐chairmen Huang and Cheng do not hold any stake personally in Cleveland Cavaliers of NBA in the US.’]
“It’s hard to say why this all has been the case, but the facts are the facts.
“Reporters want Kenny to demonstrate all aspects of a bid – yet no bid has been presented and no decision to submit one has been made. If and when that time comes, the financial support will be presented to Barcap and the board.
“It is entirely inappropriate to do so to the media, despite requests and demands that it be done. That is simply not the way sports deals are done – and on this I have a fair amount of experience.
“If a proposal is submitted [and] if it is lacking in financial wherewithal that will be demonstrated by its rejection or its inability to close.
“For some reason, some in the media are insistent on tasting the cake before it is fully baked, when the very process of opening the oven and taking a taste in itself will adversely impact its baking.
“I know this is a difficult concept to recognize but it is the case in such deals.
“In any event, good luck with your columns.
“All the best
“Marc.”
Mr Ganis gave his permission, unconditionally, for this email to be published.
[Other material from an earlier version of this story is now being held for use in future stories as and when developments unfold, and so that Mr Ganis's statement, at his own request, can be the sole focus of this story]

I am worried.

I'm petrified. The more Huang's background is dug into the more things which don't add up are coming to light and the more you've got to wonder about people being sold a dud. He's had two failed attempts to complete purchases on basketball teams. Is this going to be the same?

And if he doesn't have backers, then the evidence is stacking up that we are heading into administration and it won't be a quick in-out process as that's how Hicks and Gillett will be seeking to reclaim the money they placed as debt on the club.

Got my fingers and toes crossed at the moment.

I think he'll be gettin' a lot of abuse from other fans, no need :D

The more the merrier.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

I am going to call him on that free landline thing for the computer.

The more the merrier.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

I am going to call him on that free landline thing for the computer.
It's probably not his home one, just like a secretary or somethong

Hicks is the guy with the glasses right? I always thought he was taller.

I just called Tom Hicks numer, It went into a office were she transferred me into another office.. The nice lady said That mr hicks wasnt available right now.

I asked if Mr Hicks was in the UK at this moment, She she she isn't sure. SO she asked who I was and took my number. Then she asked what company I was calling from. So I said SOS. Didnt know what else to say.

I said does tom return all his calls, She said yes.. So I await my phone call from Tom Hicks.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Hicks is the guy with the glasses right? I always thought he was taller.

tomhicksliverpool.jpg

I just called Tom Hicks numer, It went into a office were she transferred me into another office.. The nice lady said That mr hicks wasnt available right now.

I asked if Mr Hicks was in the UK at this moment, She she she isn't sure. SO she asked who I was and took my number. Then she asked what company I was calling from. So I said SOS. Didnt know what else to say.

I said does tom return all his calls, She said yes.. So I await my phone call from Tom Hicks.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

tomhicksliverpool.jpg

Tom's in Britain mate. His plane hasn't been spotted yet though so he might not have used it. Where George is, is currently unknown.

Also - don't tell your ma that you've been phoning international. She might have a fit! :D

Tom's in Britain mate. His plane hasn't been spotted yet though so he might not have used it. Where George is, is currently unknown.

Also - don't tell your ma that you've been phoning international. She might have a fit! :D

I used this online free call thing.

Just incase youse fancy a call,

Tuitalker its called. You get 6mins free. Just enough time to leave your name and number :).

That girl didnt have a clue, She was nice though, She called me sir :)

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

I wonder what its like working for a man like tom, Knowing he is in 200Million+ debt.
I bet its him putting on a girl voice. Cant afford to hire a secretary

I'm petrified. The more Huang's background is dug into the more things which don't add up are coming to light and the more you've got to wonder about people being sold a dud. He's had two failed attempts to complete purchases on basketball teams. Is this going to be the same?

And if he doesn't have backers, then the evidence is stacking up that we are heading into administration and it won't be a quick in-out process as that's how Hicks and Gillett will be seeking to reclaim the money they placed as debt on the club.

Got my fingers and toes crossed at the moment.
Is Nick Harris legit? I heard the people at RAWK don't like him very much because of his articles on Huang. Seems he dug up an old article, apparently written by him before the H&G takeover, warning people about the yanks. Not sure if he made that up or not, but if he's right, if his articles and his researches are legit indeed, then we're totally effed over.

BTW, did anyone know why the Indians pulled out? Did they see something fishy in the whole deal that we're not aware of?

Is Nick Harris legit? I heard the people at RAWK don't like him very much because of his articles on Huang. Seems he dug up an old article, apparently written by him before the H&G takeover, warning people about the yanks. Not sure if he made that up or not, but if he's right, if his articles and his researches are legit indeed, then we're totally effed over.

BTW, did anyone know why the Indians pulled out? Did they see something fishy in the whole deal that we're not aware of?

Neil Harris is legit - but a lot of what he's saying is already known. And it's all kind of inconclusive, wink wink, nudge nudge stuff.

Long and short of it is that people are ripping two men who are claiming to be front men to shreds. Which is presumably why if they do have backers, that's why they've employed front men.

Kirdi's claims of backing just seem to be a joke. Even the price he's said to be paying just makes no sense given the price being offered by others.

Huang's background is concerning. But likewise, there's stuff which seems to be intriguingly 'odd' in a good way. Healthy scepticism time - but if he genuinely is the only show in town, and it turns out that he's been lying about backing, then we're so far up **** creek that there's really only one outcome we can expect.

There's all kinds of odd stuff with the sale. Personally, I really wouldn't be surprised to see the board and any new owners and RBS trying to fight off court cases from H&G if the club gets sold and they don't get their money back.

As for dodgy dealings - lots of rumours going back a few years such as Gillett using his shares in Liverpool as collateral for a loan but it never appearing on the register kept of debts secured on businesses.

As ever, we'll see. Not long now before we find out if there is a genuine bid there.

I'm getting more and more concerned by the minute. Just the things I am hearing about Huang are starting to worry me, on top of the stuff I knew about the Syrian guy as well. Uh-oh.

I'm getting more and more concerned by the minute. Just the things I am hearing about Huang are starting to worry me, on top of the stuff I knew about the Syrian guy as well. Uh-oh.

That Communist for you ;)

Kirdi has given an interview. He says he needs two more months of checking before he might buy. That would take us past RBS' deadline for having the loans paid. He says that Rafael did nothing for Liverpool. And he says that he will be the full owner but he's backed by big companies who want to remain anonymous for the moment.

He can f*** right off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back